Sexy Hair Concepts Root Pump

Sexy Hair Concepts Root Pump

Water (Aqua), Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, VP/VA Copolymer, Dimethyl Ether, Isopentane, PVP, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 80, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Oleth 20, Butylether Hydroxypropyl Sultaine, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Carbomer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxy Methylpentyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, D Limonene, Linalool, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzophenone 4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine

This stuff is awesome. You can feel it in your hair after, but that goes for most volume products that work. It gives noticeable volume that lasts. Works great for my flat hair! Would recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for YEARS. It is expensive, but if you stock up when it's on sale, it's totally worth it. I just recently re-stocked my supply... at 10.95 each on sale, I bought two, which will last me a few months. I have straight, thin hair. This gives me volume at the root where I need it. Spray on damp hair at roots and work it into the rest of the hair by brushing or combing. Then blow dry upside down and voila! If you use too much, your hair feels dry. You have to figure out the right amount to use. After I blow dry using this product, I apply a bit of BioSilk serum therapy to my dried hair, then proceed to use my straightening iron, makes it so much easier and there is no tugging or pulling of my hair. Does not make my hair greasy. I can actually go 2-3 days without shampooing my hair. And if it does look a bit raunchy around day 2 or 3, I use a few sprays of dry shampoo at the roots (I use Pantene dry shampoo). I cannot live without this product. I have tried other brands that are supposed to be similar to this with awful results. Big Sexy Root Pump is my HG. I also find there is no difference from this one and the root pump plus. Ingredients are the same too, and listed in the same exact order on both bottles. I have used both, and they both perform the same for me.

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/10/2015 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have used product a week ago and again this past week. I have noticed both times my hair became extremely dry and very brittle. I do not have dry hair my hair is on the normal side. this has also caused my hair to become frizzy. I'm not sure if this product has a lot of alcohol in it. I think this will be better for someone who has very thin hair and needs volume. I will not be purchasing this product again and now I have a huge can of this sitting under my bathroom sink and I am unable to use it. I'm sure this product worked very well for others but unfortunately it has not worked well for me

Love this product. I use on my roots while they're damp. I lift up sections I'd hair, spray into the roots, then brush through. I then blow it dry. This product makes a visible difference in the volume of my hair near the roots an stays all day. Even though I use quite a bit of product (maybe 10 sprays) , my hair feels touchable. The biggest downside is that my hair is greasy the next day - when I use this, I must wash my hair the next day (or apply dry shampoo).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought a small sample of Root Pump and am greatly torn about it. I used this on a blow out and it gave me pretty decent results. However, when I went to straighten my hair (since blow drying it - even with product - still makes my thick hair pretty frizzy and poofy), my hair lost all of the volume it had and fell flat. I don't know where I went wrong or what happened. I sprayed it on damp hair, concentrating at the roots and mid-shaft, and blow dried my hair away from my head. Like I said, great volume at first, but fell flat pretty quickly when I flat ironed my hair (for the record, I don't yank my hair down with a flat iron - I try to work with the volume and maintain it).It's a pretty messy spray and comes out white. It is a mousse, which is nice, but the spraying can get messy. It can get EVERYWHERE. It also has a pretty chemical-y smell. I would not repurchase this again.

on 11/23/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Doesn't feel like I have any product in at all. Less is more. Very good for volume.

on 10/23/2014 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This spray on mousse gives you a pretty decent amount of volume, compared to using nothing when blowdring my hair,--I'd say this product leaves me with 1 to 2 inches of extra volumey thickness (when blowdrying upsidown with a round brush).
I found it doesn't smell the greatest, but the smell isn't that overpowering.
Also it can leave your hair kinda dull and matte looking.

on 8/12/2014 1:35:00 PM

Terrible product, it made my hair looked as if I were using a ton of hair spray on my roots (just untouchable!!), no good,, next time I will be trying the Rusk Thick

on 9/23/2013 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm in love with this product. It gives my fine limp hair nice body. I dont wash my hair everyday and this product last untill I shampoo, sometimes that's 3 days.

I tried both versions (Root Pump and Root Pump Plus). This one does not give near the same volume/hold as the Root Pump Plus but it is pretty decent. I haven't experienced a bit of stiffness with this version unless I got super crazy with it. The smell of neither is noteworthy but tolerable. These were on sale at Ulta for $10 recently which is a more appropriate price point than the regular price but I will probably repurchase one or the other.

Popular Styling Products