4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

This is my HG hair product. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with thick hair. I have long, brown, kinda oily (have to wash it daily), and kinda thin hair. With the right product though, my hair looks great. This product keeps my hair full all day AND my roots stay dry! Rather than spray it directly onto my roots, I spray the mousse into my hands. Then, I apply it to my roots and to a little less than half the top of my head (as per the instructions). I dry my hair upside down a little bit, and when I'm done,VOILA! It's amazing! From experience, I don't recommend using this mousse down to the ends of your hair. My hair became a dry knotty mess. This product is absolutely perfect for gals with great hair that needs a little umph! As far as price goes, Ulta had an great combo deal! I got the 10.6oz Big Sexy Hair Root Pump AND 10.6 Spray & Play for $21.95. Definitely worth it and affordable.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

12 years ago

Oh how I love this stuff... I have fine hair that tends to look dirty if I use heavy moisturizing products. I like my long strait hair to look thick and almost fluffy. I love volume and this gives it to me -- lots of it. I use Biolage Normalizing shampoo which helps with volumizing oilier hair b/c it dries it out a bit. I use this and then the Spray & Play hairspray (which I also love) and I get big hair but not like 80's. I'm sure I could get 80's hair if I wanted. I straighten my hair after blowdrying and I still get good, healthy looking volume. It's that kind of volume that people with more hair get and its very pretty. If I need a pick me up after work, I just spray a bit more on my roots and blow dry and it looks fresh again. Both this and the hairspray doesn't make my hair look dirty or greasy at all. I thought it was a overhyped product but its def. 5 stars for the volume & thick texture it gives.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

i love this stuff! my hair is flat, so i get my hair cut short but i needed something else to give it more volume. sometimes i spray it directly on my roots (remember not to use too much) or spray it on my hands and work through my hair and blow dry. it really does help give more volume to my hair.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

Great product. This does what it says...really gave my roots a lift. Be careful though, if you use too much it can really make your hair feel dirty.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrown

13 years ago

Yes! Spray your roots lightly (I prefer to spray it in my hands and bend over and scruntch in) and blast it with the blow dryer and it sure does work. Ive even used it as an all over product (scruntched all over in my wet naturally curly hair and air dry) and it worked great for that big full bouncy look. Its a little drying and pretty sticky, so I wouldnt use it every day. But I love having it around when I need a quick shot of volume.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

13 years ago

I've been using this for 3 years. I spray it on when my hair is still a bit damp, but not soaking wet. It is the BEST volumizing product Ive used and give me great body. My hair is short. My hairdresser recommended it. It's all she uses, too. Great product!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairRed

14 years ago

This is the best root lifter. I use the Root Pump Plus. I just spray it on my roots, flip my head over, and blow dry. Weightless volume in no time whatsoever.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBrunette

1.0

15 years ago

This didn't do anything to add volume to my roots, just made them greasy. I was pretty disappointed.

About reviewer (926 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

15 years ago

Love this, my hairdresser recommended it, it is the best way to get volume - spray it on, blow dry - voila - big sexy hair!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

15 years ago

I can't believe this stuff isn't on here yet! I've been using it for about a year, and I find it's a must have. I have thick, THICK hair, and I spray this to my roots when my hair is damp, and then blowdry my hair upside down. My hair feels weightless! Mind you, it's nuts looking when you flip it back over, but after styling, my hair is volumonous and shiny. Retails for less than $20, and mine has lasted a long time- it comes in a fairly big spray bottle. I don't have any complaints about this, it's definitely the best thing I've used to "pump up my hair for big volume."

About reviewer (166 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral