L'Oreal Endless Lipstick in Chocolate Obsession

No Image

4.2

on 12/24/2016 8:11:00 AM

My favorite lipstick for years, SO sad that it's discontinued and I cannot find a dupe for it anywhere....any suggestions ladies :(

A really gorg brown. This truly is chocolate and it can be difficult to wear alone (depending on what else you're doing with your makeup) but I find it makes an excellent base for my more sheer neutral lippies that don't "stick" as well. It looks great with L'oreal Colour Riche Bronze Coin on top, and other combinations are endless, so to speak. A great investment.

on 1/17/2005 11:07:00 AM

I originally purchased this to warm up a too-bright red lipstick (L'oreal Drumbeat Red). Brown lipsticks tend to deaden my look (I'm an MMM/GGG). However, when I used this alone, I was pleasantly surprised. This is more of a mauve/rosy/brown, so you get the brownishness with some warmth. The formula is creamy, non-drying and long lasting. The intensity eventually fades to a nice, darker-but-natural shade on me.

on 1/12/2006 5:38:00 PM

This is a very nice color lipstick. It's a nice brown with just a hint of rose. It's matte and tends to last for a while if worn alone. However, alone it tends to overdry my lips causing them to peel. So I typically wear some sort of chapstick or light gloss underneath it. Although this does shorten the lifespan of the lipstick on my lips, the color still looks just as nice. I love that the lipstick doesn't have that strong make-up smell, which I'm really sensitive to.

on 10/10/2010 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has been my favourite lipstick for the last year or two, since I discovered it, because it is a beautiful shade and it lasts longer than many of my lipsticks. I have preferred brown shades for a long time (and the L'Oreal one I loved in 1996 has long since been discontinued). It is hard to find a brown-rose shade that is not too orange or too tan. I believe the "Endless" line is discontinued, at least in Canada. They are no longer in any stores. Luckily I bought 2 of them. I try reds, pinks, violets, and corals, lip glosses, basically I have a box of probably 60 lipsticks, and this is in my top 5 that I go to. I like to experiment with different shades to update my look, but I always come back to browns because I just think they look more real on me than the brighter or paler shades.If dare to wear a "light" shade as often recommended for older women, my face disappears. Kind of an optical illusion. If I wear a true red I look like I'm trying too hard. It's either this, or some burgundies. If I wear the corals that are so pretty, all you can see are the lips. But this brown shade just makes me look good without being too dark or light. It's a very nice long tube, it goes on smoothly and lasts. Too bad it is discontinued.