Maybelline Expert Wear Blush 'Precious Pink'

Maybelline Expert Wear Blush 'Precious Pink'

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For the longest time, Precious Pink Blush by Maybelline was my HG. I kept it in my bag and took it with me wherever I went, along with a few other staple items. I really did love it that much. To me, there was no other perfectly pink, girly blush that could compare to it.

I didn't mind that it wasn't too highly pigmented because of how easily buildable it was. But the last time I bought it, I immediately noticed that it was a completely different shade than the current one I was using. It looked way more peach, and was missing that special something that it always had before.

And then Maybelline repackaged it as Expert Wear and changed the color yet again, to a much lighter pale pink, and in my opinion, it has even WORSE pigmentation than it did before.

Sigh...yet another broken heart for a lost HG product. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because it used to be so beautiful, and truly deserved to be recognized as such.

on 6/22/2011 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This blush -if it can call itself that- has the least pigmentation of any product I have EVER used.

Honestly don't know what the point is. I even de-potted it and used it in an old Clinique mineral pot thinking that crushing it would make it better. But again, nothing.

I ended up throwing this out a mere week after I'd used it. Utterly useless, sorry, Maybelline.

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I spotted this blush at Dollar Tree and bought Pinch of Coral and Pinch of Rose. I was so excited to find such a bargain, that was, until I realized that I overpaid by 99 cents. There is absolutely NO pigmentation and I tried to build it up, but ended up with gross, powdery blotches on my face. I think this product will only work for the fairest of fair-skinned women looking for a "barely there" splash of color.

on 12/12/2010 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this blush hearing that it's a dupe for NARS Orgasm, so I was really excited about it! When it's very fresh new, it doesn't apply very pigmented, but as your use it more and more, the color pay off gets better and it's pretty build-able, too.
The color is really subtly pretty and natural-looking. I got it on sale at Ulta, and I really love it! I'd definitely buy it again(: I think that the slightly shimmery peachy pink color would be really beautiful for a lot of skin tones.

I got this in the peach color, and I absolutely hated it and returned it to the store the same day. Not only does this have almost zero pigmentation, it has TONS of sparkles. It's ridiculous. I put it on and had no color to my cheeks, but sparkles galore, which of course migrated to the rest of my face throughout the day. Don't get this!

on 10/4/2010 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I picked this up at Ulta the other day on sale and returned it a day later. There is no pigmentation at all and did not show up on my skin. I was very disappointed because the color looks pretty in the pan.

Got this on sale. It's more of a pretty peach color instead of pink, with some shimmer. It's not terribly pigmented, but works for me when all I need is a hint of color. I would possibly buy this again if on sale, but not full price.

on 7/27/2010 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wanted another dupe of Orgasm and thought this was close in the packaging, and it is except for a few reasons. 1. This much less shimmery, 2. I'm not to sure if this is really less pigmented or the product is really hard (literally) to get out of the pan, so it definately takes some layering, 3. This has more pink than Orgasm. Overall, an ok product, but I've found better dupes of Orgasm for sure.

on 6/1/2010 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is my first blush and I was really disapointed.
I just don't like the texture at all and you need to applly lots of layers so you could get a hint of color in your cheeks just so it would fade away within an hour; what's the point in that?
Also the brush is useless.
Anyway at least it was cheap..But I'm definately not repurchasing this.

on 5/20/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I was after a peachy blush and that's what this is.. not much pink at all. Just enough of a hint of sparkle without being too much. Packaging is not the best and the brush is useless.

Apart from that though it's a decent blush in quite a pretty coral peach tone which is lovely as a change from my usual blushes.

Popular Blush Products