COVERGIRL Classic Color 'Soft Mink'

Filtered by eye Color : Green
COVERGIRL Classic Color 'Soft Mink'
Cover Girl Soft Mink blush

4.3

Talc, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 Lake, Ultramarines, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Tin Oxide

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't know how I walked by this blush on the drugstore shelves for years and managed to never buy it until this week. It is the quintessential day-to-day soft neutral pale brown blush that will add a pop of natural looking color without competing with your eyeshadow or lipstick. It is subtle, but pigmented. It has some shimmer to it, but it's not one of those "all shimmer no color" cheapo blushes that we all are familiar with.
Soft Mink is a classic blush, it is not a unique color or formula, but it is a pretty, buildable shade and quite long lasting. It is blendable, but be weary of packing this on because in the light, it does have a shimmery effect that almost doubles as a built-in highlighter.
The price is very affordable; somewhere around $7 here in Cali. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, it is a little bulky and needs to be hand-assembled, but once it is, it is secure though not particularly compact. It is nice that you get quite a bit of product and the pan is big enough to get a good swipe.
If you are suspicious of super colorful, over the top blush shades and want something very neutral and a bit more on the natural side, and don't want to spend Sephora prices, this is a perfect blush for you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you have skin issues of any kind I doubt very highly you will like this blush, it will just emphasize everything that is wrong with your skin. If your skin is oily and you have visible pores I would definitely not purchase this blush. Waaaaaaay too shimmery for my liking. Maybe this would look pretty on a nice young skin that is flawless. The color in the compact looks like a nice nude (pink/peach/brown) but on my NW20 skintone it appeared to be a drab peachy shade with tons of shimmer. They stopped using the fragrance in the Cheekers blush, however, this one still has the Noxzema scent, which I have no problem with but some of you may. Needless to say, this blush is going straight back to Target tomorrow.

on 4/26/2015 12:12:00 AM

I rediscovered this beautiful blush about 6 months ago. I've had it forever and didn't realize how amazing this color is on my nw20/25 skin tone. Its a lovely mauve- peachy plumy color with so much depth and dimension. It comes off more dirty pink mauve on me but I love that in a color for my lips or cheeks. Yes the packaging is not great but for 5-6 bucks what can ya say? Anyway, I feel many skintones can pull this off so buy it!

I have been using this blush literally for years. I've tried so many others over the years and always end up coming back to this one. I think it's one of those colors that is universally flattering on just about everyone. There is a reason this is in their Classic Blush collection. I don't know what I'd do if they discontinued it!!

on 10/18/2012 10:34:00 PM

This is my all time favorite blush by far! The color is just so beautiful and flattering. Its a shimmery rosey peach. A lot of people say it's a dupe for Nars orgasm, but I have that blush too and I disagree. Orgasm is more peachy and has glitter, while soft mink is more of a natural sheen. Overall, this is one of the best blushes I've ever used; the only thing that would make it better is if it lasted longer. I will definitely be repurchasing this once I run out!

on 9/12/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Soft mink is a soft peachy pink with shimmer. This is perfect for a natural look for weekends and casual occasions. . This can also be layered over a brighter color to tone it down and add some sheen. This blush is very light, it would really be hard to look like a clown with this product.

I love that Noxzema Cover Girl smell. It reminds me of when I was a lttle girl, sitting on the bathtub watching my mom apply her makeup. I thought it was just magical what a few pots and brushes could dol

I will always have this is my collection. Hope they never stop making it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I've had this blush for quite sometime, and I do use it quite often. It gives a great natural look. I dont really know how to describe the color well .. Maybe a little peachy...? I'm not good at describing anything, but it's Really pretty. I love it [:

Overall, I like Soft Mink. At first I wasn't sure about the color; in the pan it looks like it would make my cheeks look muddy. It's a good subtle everyday blush color though! The shimmer is noticeable to me, but I like it and can get away with it :P I feel like you get a good amount of product for the price and I like the black packaging. It doesn't look as cheap as a lot of Cover Girl products. The only drawback is also a positive for some people--and that is how sheer it applies. If you want a more intense cheek look, you're going to have to do a lot of applying.

on 10/27/2009 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful neutral color. Tones down any redness in my pale skin. Shimmery, but not too much. Would be easy to apply too much color, so use less than you think you need. My HG blush.

on 7/14/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love the natural color and soft shimmer. Looks good on my fairer winter skin and darker summer skin. I dabble in other blushes on occasion, but always return to this one.

Popular Blush Products