COVERGIRL Classic Color 'Soft Mink'

COVERGIRL Classic Color 'Soft Mink'
Cover Girl Soft Mink blush

4.2

Talc, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 Lake, Ultramarines, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Tin Oxide

on 9/20/2018 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I think this product came out in the late 70's or early 80's. I know that I've been buying it for a long time. The color looks natural and the shimmer is subtle. You can't beat the price either. Classic color blush by cover girl is one of the few powder blushes that doesn't get cakey or look dry on my skin or accentuate the fine lines. I don't use the applicator brush. One swipe and it lasts all day. I'll even run the brush over the eyelids, hairline, and under the chin.
I'll be 60 next year, and the "less is more" makeup philosophy becomes more appealing every day. Sunscreen, moisturizer, a CC cream, maybe a little concealer, mascara, blush, and lipstick.
Soft mink works well with the redhead complexion. It's a peachy pink apricot. I wear it year round. The shimmer means I don't have to use a highlighter.
As for the packaging, it goes in the vanity drawer. Since the color lasts all day, I don't carry it in my bag. In fact, I only carry a lipstick.
CoverGirl is a reliable, good quality drugstore brand. This blush is a classic for a reason.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't know how I walked by this blush on the drugstore shelves for years and managed to never buy it until this week. It is the quintessential day-to-day soft neutral pale brown blush that will add a pop of natural looking color without competing with your eyeshadow or lipstick. It is subtle, but pigmented. It has some shimmer to it, but it's not one of those "all shimmer no color" cheapo blushes that we all are familiar with.
Soft Mink is a classic blush, it is not a unique color or formula, but it is a pretty, buildable shade and quite long lasting. It is blendable, but be weary of packing this on because in the light, it does have a shimmery effect that almost doubles as a built-in highlighter.
The price is very affordable; somewhere around $7 here in Cali. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, it is a little bulky and needs to be hand-assembled, but once it is, it is secure though not particularly compact. It is nice that you get quite a bit of product and the pan is big enough to get a good swipe.
If you are suspicious of super colorful, over the top blush shades and want something very neutral and a bit more on the natural side, and don't want to spend Sephora prices, this is a perfect blush for you.

I'm late to the Soft Mink party. I read on MUB that this was duplicit to Lancôme Miel something or other but that it was a dupe for Lancôme made me want to buy it as I'm not much of a Lancôme buyer due to their price (if I'm gonna buy HE makeup it's gonna be MAC or Chanel!), it really is gorg! It's a soft brown beige w a bit of glimmer glow, it smells like Noxzema too. I love Noxzema. It's so good for my skin! When I use Noxzema my skin seems better. So win-win. I don't own a ton of blushes some are in palettes (UD Gwen Stefani, benefit holiday pal, Sephora blushing 101 pal & 3 MAC 1s--a lot of times I use bronzer for blush so this brown tone suits me!). My parents picked this up 4 me recently at Kroger, I'm so happy w it. I'd describe it as a blush-bronzer-highlight hybrid. The packaging I had a bit of a prob figuring out on 1st try on closer inspection I "got" it. I actually like the brush for travel. The mirror is big & the supply is generous. Winning!!

Get over the packaging, the smell, and the brush & you've got a FANTASTIC blush! I apply with a powder brush in a padding motion, rather than a sweep and it lasts all day (630am-630pm no problem). It is the perfect shade for my nc25-nc35 (summer) skin. Will never pay more for blush! I have sensitive skin and did not break out.

on 4/26/2015 12:12:00 AM

I rediscovered this beautiful blush about 6 months ago. I've had it forever and didn't realize how amazing this color is on my nw20/25 skin tone. Its a lovely mauve- peachy plumy color with so much depth and dimension. It comes off more dirty pink mauve on me but I love that in a color for my lips or cheeks. Yes the packaging is not great but for 5-6 bucks what can ya say? Anyway, I feel many skintones can pull this off so buy it!

I have been using this blush literally for years. I've tried so many others over the years and always end up coming back to this one. I think it's one of those colors that is universally flattering on just about everyone. There is a reason this is in their Classic Blush collection. I don't know what I'd do if they discontinued it!!

on 12/13/2014 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Very pretty peachy-pink nude for my fair skin with neutral undertones. The shimmer is pretty, and not overwhelming, and I typically go for matte blushes. I actually like the simple, sturdy, slim black packaging, because the pan size is large and the brush is useable. This applies smoothly and evenly, and there is good color payoff, but not so much that I look clownish. This shade isn't really warm or cool, but a pretty in-between so I would imagine many skintones could wear it. I wish CG would expand their color range in this line, there are only 4 shades to choose from! I would repurchase this blush!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this blush!!! Holy grail all the way honey! I have always had the hardest time finding a blush that made me look like I just had a natural flush. Even though I have medium/ tan skin, and using a light hand blushes always look obvious or to me anyway and that is a definite no go. I love a natural look the only thing I want to pop on my face is an occasional bright lip. Not clownish cheeks. I was worried when i first swatched this on my wrist, it does have a shimmer to it. When I put it on OH MY GOSH. I absolutely fell in love. It gives me subtle color and the shimmer makes me look like I am glowing within. I purposely tried to over do it to see if I could get clown face, NOPE not with this baby. That is just my personal Experience I'm sure it could look over done on others but it was like this blush was made for me. The color is a very soft mauvy/pink with maybe just a touch of brown. Very natural and a great " nude " natural color that is jut healthy looking. I can tell you now this will be sitting on my counter in my acrylic makeup organizer for the rest of my life. That's how great it is. And it's been around forever if that tells you anything. And I want to tell everyone that does not know about this to at least try it. I say 10 ! Well 10 for the product itself the packaging is another story. It looks very dated. The rectangle shape of the makes it a tad difficult to swirl a brush in it. To me it has a classic makeup smell I could live without, but it's kind of growing on me. I really wish they would update the look if it to 2014 and change the shape but I can live with that no huge deal. And I does have a mirror that's a plus the brush it comes with is useless well, maybe not I have it to my toddler girl that wants to be just like mommy and it's perfect for her. Will defiantly buy again.

this blush is my favorite blush ever i have hourglass nars lancome benefit and this 6 dollar blush is by far my favorite soft mink is gorgeous and a neutral with a glowwy finish ive used cheekers and they arent good at all but these blushes are amazing they smell old ladyish and have ugly packaging but its sturdy they dont have a great shade range but this color is beautifulll its soft and pigmented but not so intense that its hard to blend

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

BY FAR....my favorite blush of all time. You just can't go wrong with this blush...the color is perfect for my fair/neutral skin. It goes on beautifully, not patchy or streaky. And you just can't beat the price and availability :-)

Popular Blush Products