Cover Girl Classic Color 'Soft Mink'

Cover Girl Classic Color 'Soft Mink'
Cover Girl Soft Mink blush

4.2

Talc, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 Lake, Ultramarines, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Tin Oxide

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't know how I walked by this blush on the drugstore shelves for years and managed to never buy it until this week. It is the quintessential day-to-day soft neutral pale brown blush that will add a pop of natural looking color without competing with your eyeshadow or lipstick. It is subtle, but pigmented. It has some shimmer to it, but it's not one of those "all shimmer no color" cheapo blushes that we all are familiar with.
Soft Mink is a classic blush, it is not a unique color or formula, but it is a pretty, buildable shade and quite long lasting. It is blendable, but be weary of packing this on because in the light, it does have a shimmery effect that almost doubles as a built-in highlighter.
The price is very affordable; somewhere around $7 here in Cali. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, it is a little bulky and needs to be hand-assembled, but once it is, it is secure though not particularly compact. It is nice that you get quite a bit of product and the pan is big enough to get a good swipe.
If you are suspicious of super colorful, over the top blush shades and want something very neutral and a bit more on the natural side, and don't want to spend Sephora prices, this is a perfect blush for you.

on 8/29/2016 2:02:00 PM

I'm a weirdo and my favorite thing about this blush is the scent. It transports me straight back to middle school minus the awkwardness. Other than that, this is a nice blush. It's a smooth midtone peach with some brown, very shimmery, medium-pigmented. I normally wear this over bronzer or a different shade of blush since this particular shade + shimmer combo can wash out my olive skin, but the effect is like a nice, non-garish highlight, especially over bronzer. Very glowy. Difficult to OD on pigment but easy to OD on shimmer with this one. The compact is old-school drugstore looking but sturdy; I'd prefer a round or square pan, anything over this weird rectangular configuration - it makes swirling your brush in the product a PITA. And it could last longer. Still, I reach for this more often than I thought I would this summer. Good use of $4. Again, don't buy it if you hate shimmer!!

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/10/2016 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this blush for years. Literally. I use it every day and the pan barely has a dip in it. Sorcery.

Supernatural suspicions aside, I really like this blush, it's natural looking and goes with whatever look I'm attempting that day. It's nearly impossible to overdo. I even use the crummy little brush. I'm old school like that.

I've heard that newer versions don't smell like Noxema anymore and that's sad. Mine is super old, so it still smells. :)

Want a neutral blush that will last a lifetime? Grab one of these!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm late to the Soft Mink party. I read on MUB that this was duplicit to Lancôme Miel something or other but that it was a dupe for Lancôme made me want to buy it as I'm not much of a Lancôme buyer due to their price (if I'm gonna buy HE makeup it's gonna be MAC or Chanel!), it really is gorg! It's a soft brown beige w a bit of glimmer glow, it smells like Noxzema too. I love Noxzema. It's so good for my skin! When I use Noxzema my skin seems better. So win-win. I don't own a ton of blushes some are in palettes (UD Gwen Stefani, benefit holiday pal, Sephora blushing 101 pal & 3 MAC 1s--a lot of times I use bronzer for blush so this brown tone suits me!). My parents picked this up 4 me recently at Kroger, I'm so happy w it. I'd describe it as a blush-bronzer-highlight hybrid. The packaging I had a bit of a prob figuring out on 1st try on closer inspection I "got" it. I actually like the brush for travel. The mirror is big & the supply is generous. Winning!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you have skin issues of any kind I doubt very highly you will like this blush, it will just emphasize everything that is wrong with your skin. If your skin is oily and you have visible pores I would definitely not purchase this blush. Waaaaaaay too shimmery for my liking. Maybe this would look pretty on a nice young skin that is flawless. The color in the compact looks like a nice nude (pink/peach/brown) but on my NW20 skintone it appeared to be a drab peachy shade with tons of shimmer. I saw lines that I never knew I had. They stopped using the fragrance in the Cheekers blush, however, this one still has the Noxzema scent, which I have no problem with but some of you may. Needless to say, this blush is going straight back to Target tomorrow.

Get over the packaging, the smell, and the brush & you've got a FANTASTIC blush! I apply with a powder brush in a padding motion, rather than a sweep and it lasts all day (630am-630pm no problem). It is the perfect shade for my nc25-nc35 (summer) skin. Will never pay more for blush! I have sensitive skin and did not break out.

on 4/26/2015 12:12:00 AM

I rediscovered this beautiful blush about 6 months ago. I've had it forever and didn't realize how amazing this color is on my nw20/25 skin tone. Its a lovely mauve- peachy plumy color with so much depth and dimension. It comes off more dirty pink mauve on me but I love that in a color for my lips or cheeks. Yes the packaging is not great but for 5-6 bucks what can ya say? Anyway, I feel many skintones can pull this off so buy it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I am not a fan personally but this color looks so amazing on my little sister.
It just makes her face glow. She has a light skintone that turns golden when tan.
This just looks amazing on her year round. It does have a slight shimmer but is not glittery. Wish could make this work for me :(

I have been using this blush literally for years. I've tried so many others over the years and always end up coming back to this one. I think it's one of those colors that is universally flattering on just about everyone. There is a reason this is in their Classic Blush collection. I don't know what I'd do if they discontinued it!!

on 12/13/2014 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Very pretty peachy-pink nude for my fair skin with neutral undertones. The shimmer is pretty, and not overwhelming, and I typically go for matte blushes. I actually like the simple, sturdy, slim black packaging, because the pan size is large and the brush is useable. This applies smoothly and evenly, and there is good color payoff, but not so much that I look clownish. This shade isn't really warm or cool, but a pretty in-between so I would imagine many skintones could wear it. I wish CG would expand their color range in this line, there are only 4 shades to choose from! I would repurchase this blush!