Cover Girl Classic Color 'Rose Silk'

Cover Girl Classic Color 'Rose Silk'

Talc, Calcium Silicate, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Ultramarines, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Tin Oxide

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great been-around-forever product. This color is similar to warm soul by MAC down to having a slight sheen on the skin. It's a classic product whose longevity on the market speaks to its quality. Highly recommended if you've never tried a cover girl cheek product. The inexpensive price makes it even better!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Cover Girl is enjoying something of a resurgence in my makeup collection, as I'm getting back into couponing and their products are always on sale with coupons available online. The combination of the two sometimes makes their products essentially free and, even though I literally have zero space to spare in my collection, it would be a crime NOT to take advantage.

This is my favorite blush I've tried out in the last couple months and yes, there has been a fair amount of new additions. The packaging is a bit bulky and odd, and the color doesn't really jump out at you on the shelves, but man oh man is this gorgeous upon application.

It is a soft light pink with some very slight coral undertones, but on the whole pretty neutral. The shimmer is definitely there but really not overbearing in the slightest. The pigmentation is as good as it gets- it goes on smoothly but not HEAVY and can be builded upon depending on your preferences. Generally a couple swipes on the apples of each cheek is perfection.

This blends so well and looks so natural, it is very hard to "over-do" this particular blush and I have found that it works well with any number of looks because it is indeed subtle. When I say "subtle", I mean in the best possible way where it does add some color but doesn't dominate your face. IMO, every makeup lover needs this in their collection.

I actually grew to like the smell of this blush.. Ha! Anyway, the pigmentation is awesome when I apply it with a buffing brush rather than a large powder brush. The color lasts the 8 hrs of my shift. This blush is so affordable and worth it! Did not break out my sensitive acne prone skin like all other cover girl products. Highly recommend for the money. It feels grainy compared to my high end blush, but applies smooth and lasts all day.

No good for me. Too pink and overpowering on my fair skin. Packaging is awkward. And on top of it it smells of old lady perfume.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is great. It's basically a blush and highlighter in one that wakes up your face!

It's a warm-toned pink (I don't really find it to be coral, maybe *slightly* salmon pink), with really pretty shimmer - not glitter! This makes my makeup look great, like the people on tv have. It doesn't make me look "hot" which is a main concern of mine with blush, or rosacea showing through. Also, it doesn't accenuate my pores, make me look oily, or make me oily for that matter.

It looks great with a variety of looks, from simple minimal makeup or smokey eyes, I always find this works.

Unfortunately, I noticed I started getting under the skin bumps when I used this often. Not quite pimples. I stopped using this and they went away. I still use this once in a while when I want that bright look, because like I mentioned, this really wakes you up and makes you look glowy and healthy. I do believe that if I finish this I will buy another to use once in a while. It's too bad I am not able to use this as often as I'd like though..

Of course the included brush is not great, but I guess its nice they give you one. I admit I've used it out of necessity before and it is terrible haha but can get the job done if really needed!

I've loved CoverGirl's Classic Color Blush in Soft Mink since I first started playing in my mom's makeup drawer. I recently got two more colors, and they did not disappoint.

Rose Silk is a medium pink that has golden-silver shimmer. In terms of color, it is slightly more subtle version of MAC's Dollymix blush, although Rose Silk has a much stronger reflective quality. I actually prefer Rose Silk over Dollymix.

As someone with oily skin, I find that super-shimmery blushes can accentuate pores, make me look shiny, or settle into dry spots. The shimmer in the CoverGirl classic color blushes, however, is beautiful reflective and it doesn't give me any grief--it just makes for perfectly glowing cheeks.

Yes, the packaging is horrid. Yes, it smells like "old lady makeup", but the product is beautiful. If you like shimmery blush, definitely try this!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Gorgeous color, great pigmentation, natural finish; this is an outstanding drugstore blush! The color is amazing. I recommend it!

on 10/15/2013 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

this is probably the best buy in the drugstore when it comes to blush. the color shows up and stays all day. the only reservations I have about it are the packaging (which if you've never seen before can be confusing) and the case tends to crack if you manhandle it. the brush is a joke, so I always throw it away and keep a separate brush handy. so with a coupon at CVS, this cost me four bucks. for the money it is great and I do not notice an overwhelming perfume. CG used to be known for "heavy old-lady" scents in their cosmetics, but I think they've gotten over it. Whew! I have Nars, Chanel and MAC blushes and I still come back to CG

I used to wear this shade in the '90s, as drugstore makeup was all I could afford-- as my budgetary situation now with 2 little kids is similar, I thought I'd try it again. I remembered it as a nicely neutral, coral-pink that went with every outfit and makeup scheme. I don't know if the shade has changed or if I just can't pull it off anymore at age 42, but it's a fail.

There is LOADS of cool silver shimmer in this, on top of the base color, so it isn't really a neutral shade. It's hard to apply enough to flush my cheeks without also overloading my face with shimmer that sticks in every pore and makes me look older and unpleasantly oily.

CG does make a few more "matte" shades of blush now, but in general the whole lineup is shimmer-infused and unnatural-looking.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

My skin tone is very fair, I have used this since I was in college. Not only is it easy to apply, it stays on all day for me, and my skin is very oily & I sweat a lot!! The color is just lovley,on my fair skin it makes my cheeks the perfect shade of rosey, and has a little shimmer to make me glow. No need to apply a shimmer for the glossy finish because this blush is perfect! I wear it to work, on date nights with my husband, when I go out any where.Perfect for all occasions!!