St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control
Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 8/16/2017 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this scrub, but not for my face. I've heard that it works wonders for acne, which I was looking forward to after I broke out in closed comedones and realized I was missing a good exfoliant in my routine, but I've heard equal amounts that it's done horrible things like tearing the microfibers of your skin (a risk I don't really want to take). I did use it once, but it was a little uncomfortable. The pieces are cut up nuts, which makes them jagged - they are very big and harsh on skin. Though I'm sure it works, the discomfort and worry of it affecting my skin long-term made me stop using it on my face.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good scrub for your body. It smells great, leaves your skin feeling super smooth and clean. I would definitely recommend this in that case. If you want a face exfoliant, their green tea scrub is much gentler with the same result.

on 7/30/2017 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using this scrub for 5 years and it is still the best scrub I've ever used. I always come back to this product. It gives my skin an instant glow after using it. I love the scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A life saver for chest and back breakouts and the only thing that's worked for me for that issue.

After washing and conditioning my hair, I soap up my entire body and rinse. After rinsing I scrub my chest and back with this scrub, gently on the chest and a bit rougher on the back. It's kinda tricky to reach, but you'll get the hang of it. Leave it on for a minute or two and then rinse off. You have to be consistent with it and use it every day for it to work. It's worked so well for me and I hope this helps someone as well!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best scrub in the entire world and I've tried nearly all but always go back to this classic! The blemish control is different from the regular scrub and is better!

Very good value for what it is. I have a handful of acne scars and this scrub has seemed to lighten them and I've only been using it for about 2 weeks! It is a bit harsh, but it's manageable. If you use it like I do every 3-4 days then you shouldn't see any dry patches or anything wrong with your skin! One thing that does annoy me though is the packaging, for me it's just really flimsy and I don't really like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this for my face, I use it as a back scrub. This might be TMI but I get acne on my back, clogged pores, really attractive, yikes. It's from working out and probably also conditioner residue. I've tried literally everything to help, making sure I rinse thoroughly after conditioning, SA lotion, benzoyl peroxide etc. with zero improvement. Until this. After I condition my hair, I put it up in a clip and scrub my back with this and the problem is gone! Awesome stuff.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Harshest scrub i've ever came across,the beads are crystal like that wont dissolve that easily.For some reason even after using this scrub i still do have dry patches.But if you have acne,please save yourself and don't get this one,it will irritate the pimples and cause it to pop and bleed. Ain't noway i'm gonna go through dealing with scars,i have way to many already.One lippie because it is affordable,but i'm gonna switch to the Aveeno daily scrub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

DISCLAIMER: I only use this on my back.
I believe this is a little too harsh for my (face) skin, and don't want to cause damage.

I workout every day and struggle with back acne. I started using this daily in the shower and my back acne is nearly 100% gone! highly recommend if you suffer from body acne.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Say what you will about the harshness of this scrub, NOTHING will ever exfoliate your dead skin or leave it as silky smooth as this scrub, not even my clarisonic. You should use this maybe once a week max and it'll make your skin beautifully soft and smooth for foundation application. Skin types are different so if youre super sensitive you may not like this. But I'm acne prone and this didn't feel too harsh on me.

on 2/5/2017 12:49:00 PM

The reason "apricot" scrubs feel quite harsh and scratchy is that they are made using the dried out kernel of the apricot, which is then ground up and added to some sort of cream base.
They feel harsh and scratchy because that is exactly what they're doing - when you use them, you're inflicting microscopic tears and scratches all over your skin. (And a multitude of tiny tears will exacerbate acne by providing a load of new entry points for bacteria). Of course your skin will feel smoother (as it would rubbing anything texturised over it, be it a facewasher or a sheet of sandpaper, which I wouldn't recommend!!).
Quite possibly the "glow" afterwards is caused by your body pumping extra blood to the area to deal with the resulting irritation and inflammation.
Yes they're cheap, but there are plenty of other cheap options that use polyurethane (ie: plastic) beads that are round with no irregular and sharp edges that can tear and scratch the skin.
PS: this problem is not just confined to apricot scrubs. There are many (usually the ones marketed as 'natural' that contain dried and ground up fruit kernels, pits (olives, cherries) and the shells from nuts (walnuts, etc).
In this case plastic - fantastic is probably the better way to go.