St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control
Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

I stopped using this product a very long time ago- I think the last time I used it when I was 13 & just getting into skin care (I'm in my 20's now) I had read that the granules could cause tears in the skin, so I stopped. I get the occasional hormonal breakout, usually on my jaw or chin. I was suffering from one of these breakouts, not to mention the stress of moving into a new home. I had a patch of white heads and 2 cystic bumps. I was picking up some mail from Shoppers, and honestly needed a pick me up. This blemish control version was on sale, so I grabbed it along with the St. Ives Collagen Moisturizer. I used the scrub that night, and my face felt soft and tingly afterwards. I woke up and my volcano breakout had pretty much completely healed. The cystic bumps where still a bit raised, but much smaller & much less red- they disappeared after just one more use. I will only use this when I suffer a breakout, because it's the only product that has worked when I get hormonal zits. So glad I retried it, not for daily use since it's quite rough- but a staple in my skin care kit.

on 9/4/2017 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its a good scrub and relatively inexpensive as well. However, I find that it is too harsh as the bits are too rough and is slightly uncomfortable when I use it.

on 8/16/2017 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this scrub, but not for my face. I've heard that it works wonders for acne, which I was looking forward to after I broke out in closed comedones and realized I was missing a good exfoliant in my routine, but I've heard equal amounts that it's done horrible things like tearing the microfibers of your skin (a risk I don't really want to take). I did use it once, but it was a little uncomfortable. The pieces are cut up nuts, which makes them jagged - they are very big and harsh on skin. Though I'm sure it works, the discomfort and worry of it affecting my skin long-term made me stop using it on my face.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good scrub for your body. It smells great, leaves your skin feeling super smooth and clean. I would definitely recommend this in that case. If you want a face exfoliant, their green tea scrub is much gentler with the same result.

on 7/30/2017 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using this scrub for 5 years and it is still the best scrub I've ever used. I always come back to this product. It gives my skin an instant glow after using it. I love the scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A life saver for chest and back breakouts and the only thing that's worked for me for that issue.

After washing and conditioning my hair, I soap up my entire body and rinse. After rinsing I scrub my chest and back with this scrub, gently on the chest and a bit rougher on the back. It's kinda tricky to reach, but you'll get the hang of it. Leave it on for a minute or two and then rinse off. You have to be consistent with it and use it every day for it to work. It's worked so well for me and I hope this helps someone as well!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best scrub in the entire world and I've tried nearly all but always go back to this classic! The blemish control is different from the regular scrub and is better!

Very good value for what it is. I have a handful of acne scars and this scrub has seemed to lighten them and I've only been using it for about 2 weeks! It is a bit harsh, but it's manageable. If you use it like I do every 3-4 days then you shouldn't see any dry patches or anything wrong with your skin! One thing that does annoy me though is the packaging, for me it's just really flimsy and I don't really like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this for my face, I use it as a back scrub. This might be TMI but I get acne on my back, clogged pores, really attractive, yikes. It's from working out and probably also conditioner residue. I've tried literally everything to help, making sure I rinse thoroughly after conditioning, SA lotion, benzoyl peroxide etc. with zero improvement. Until this. After I condition my hair, I put it up in a clip and scrub my back with this and the problem is gone! Awesome stuff.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Harshest scrub i've ever came across,the beads are crystal like that wont dissolve that easily.For some reason even after using this scrub i still do have dry patches.But if you have acne,please save yourself and don't get this one,it will irritate the pimples and cause it to pop and bleed. Ain't noway i'm gonna go through dealing with scars,i have way to many already.One lippie because it is affordable,but i'm gonna switch to the Aveeno daily scrub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

DISCLAIMER: I only use this on my back.
I believe this is a little too harsh for my (face) skin, and don't want to cause damage.

I workout every day and struggle with back acne. I started using this daily in the shower and my back acne is nearly 100% gone! highly recommend if you suffer from body acne.