St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control
Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead ControlApricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Say what you will about the harshness of this scrub, NOTHING will ever exfoliate your dead skin or leave it as silky smooth as this scrub, not even my clarisonic. You should use this maybe once a week max and it'll make your skin beautifully soft and smooth for foundation application. Skin types are different so if youre super sensitive you may not like this. But I'm acne prone and this didn't feel too harsh on me.

on 2/5/2017 12:49:00 PM

The reason "apricot" scrubs feel quite harsh and scratchy is that they are made using the dried out kernel of the apricot, which is then ground up and added to some sort of cream base.
They feel harsh and scratchy because that is exactly what they're doing - when you use them, you're inflicting microscopic tears and scratches all over your skin. (And a multitude of tiny tears will exacerbate acne by providing a load of new entry points for bacteria). Of course your skin will feel smoother (as it would rubbing anything texturised over it, be it a facewasher or a sheet of sandpaper, which I wouldn't recommend!!).
Quite possibly the "glow" afterwards is caused by your body pumping extra blood to the area to deal with the resulting irritation and inflammation.
Yes they're cheap, but there are plenty of other cheap options that use polyurethane (ie: plastic) beads that are round with no irregular and sharp edges that can tear and scratch the skin.
PS: this problem is not just confined to apricot scrubs. There are many (usually the ones marketed as 'natural' that contain dried and ground up fruit kernels, pits (olives, cherries) and the shells from nuts (walnuts, etc).
In this case plastic - fantastic is probably the better way to go.

on 11/30/2016 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is definitely too harsh for my face. I use this on my body instead & it's the best!
Leaves your skin soft & smooth plus you can never go wrong with that price! Love it!

on 9/6/2016 11:17:00 AM

The microbeads are made out of apricot stone which creates micro tears in your skin which lets in more bacteria and also ages your skin much faster, never buy fruit stone scrubs!!

on 9/2/2016 7:51:00 AM

Best scrub I have tried so far

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There must've been a reformulation in the scrub in the last few years since the exfoliators feel even more harsh. I used to swear by this, but I can't bear to use it anymore since it causes my skin to be super irritated.

on 7/6/2016 9:09:00 PM

Extremely tough, scratchy texture due to the crushed walnut shells. Irritates the heck out of my skin and reddens my face, and am left with a glossy skin finish. Causes more acne... great for exfoliation but much prefer the green tea version as it is more calming and cooling. Horrible irritants... just bleh. Purchase the Olay Fresh Effects scrub or 3 piece set. Now THAT rid my acne.

on 7/3/2016 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[3]
I'm thoroughly in love with this stuff. I use this every night (not recommended for everyone), but it works great for my skin by getting rid of the heavy layer of dead skin that my face accumulates every day. If I don't use this, there's a noticeable difference in the texture of my face.

on 6/14/2016 8:12:00 AM

Amazing stuff! I feel that this is really invigorating, but also gentle enough to use everyday. My skin has cleared up so much, and is so much smoother and softer, so now my makeup looks flawless.

I will continue using this for as long as i can, as i dont think i will find a better scrub in a long time.

on 3/18/2016 5:30:00 PM

Simply the best affordable exfoliator. I get dry skin on my nose and around old blemishes and this totally solves the problem. I love it.