St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/25/2016 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i'm almost running out of my first tube. and i love this stuff.
i used to have issue with cystic acne during period, it take few weeks for healing.
after i used this, the acne gone only in few days, i amazed.
i use it every night followed with night cream. my skin become smoother and clear, i can notice the pore become smaller and smooth.
repurchase? yes, i have stock up when i went to KL, because i can't find it here in indonesia.

on 7/6/2016 9:09:00 PM

Extremely tough, scratchy texture due to the crushed walnut shells. Irritates the heck out of my skin and reddens my face, and am left with a glossy skin finish. Causes more acne... great for exfoliation but much prefer the green tea version as it is more calming and cooling. Horrible irritants... just bleh. Purchase the Olay Fresh Effects scrub or 3 piece set. Now THAT rid my acne.

To Read all 1613 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/3/2016 1:24:00 PM

Products Used Up: 2

I'm thoroughly in love with this stuff. I use this every night (not recommended for everyone), but it works great for my skin by getting rid of the heavy layer of dead skin that my face accumulates every day. If I don't use this, there's a noticeable difference in the texture of my face.

on 6/14/2016 8:12:00 AM

Amazing stuff! I feel that this is really invigorating, but also gentle enough to use everyday. My skin has cleared up so much, and is so much smoother and softer, so now my makeup looks flawless.

I will continue using this for as long as i can, as i dont think i will find a better scrub in a long time.

on 3/18/2016 5:30:00 PM

Simply the best affordable exfoliator. I get dry skin on my nose and around old blemishes and this totally solves the problem. I love it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Two thumbs up! This works great! I have never been satisfied when it comes to skincare product because my skin is oily and acne prone. I mixed mine with baking soda!!!! Both do the job well! Less blackheads! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Blemishes! Acne! Blackheads! Don't you just wish there was a simple product to help get rid of them? Well, there are many blemish controlling products out there that may try and do the trick, but here's one of my favorite products that's simple and easy for you to use to help minimize those blemishes while feeling confident as well.

Some of you might have heard the St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub. It is said to help:
-Prevent blemishes/Topical Acne
-Minimize Pores

Also, the Apricot Scrub contains:
-100% natural exfoliants
-It is Sulfate & Paraben Free
- It's Hypoallergenic
-Oil-Free Salicylic Acne Medication
-Deep exfoliation to help deep clean those pores

With that being said..

The application process is very simple, but here are a few tips to make the process a little easier:
Make sure you clean and wet your skin thoroughly before applying. This product will work differently, depending on the amount of acne you may experience. Also, the instructions state that it CAN cause excessive drying and to start by using the product once daily and gradually increase to 2 or 3 times is needed. Now, this product contains an exfoliating substance, so I would advise you not to RUB the product onto the face, but DAB it in a circular manner. This reduces any discomfort when applying this product. Then, let sit until the product dries completely, which should be approximately 15 minutes or so. Then, take a washcloth and wipe the scrub off a couple of times to ensure there is no residue. Once finished, you will feel how soft your face is!

The product smells very good. It has a clean, apricot-like scent to it! I have used this product many times, and I enjoy how it helps my face! As previously stated, I would recommend dabbing the product onto the face instead of rubbing it because I experienced a little discomfort when rubbing the product onto my face. Since I have mild acne, I only used the product once a day for the next week to see if there was a reduction in my acne. I noticed that my face felt very soft and smooth from the moment I washed the face scrub off and that there was a slight reduction in my acne. I will not say that this product works instantly, but it is a very simple product that I wanted to share with you that could help reduce those blemishes.

-ReviewZals ♥♥♥

on 1/17/2016 1:54:00 PM

I first bought this product because it was cheap and I was in need of an exfoliator. I used up about 3/4 of it before I read online that it was wayyyyy to rough. That's something I like in a scrub and I did feel like my face was cleaner after, but it was said to be TOO abrasive and that in the long run it was damaging, so I stopped using it on my face and used it on my body instead just to finish it and not waste it. Wouldn't repurchase again because even though it was dirt cheap, it's not worth damaging my skin for. (By the way, I only used it once or twice a week)

on 1/14/2016 6:57:00 PM

I use this twice daily. It's a very strong exfoliant, by which I mean it's probably one of the "rougher" ones on the market but that's why I love it, my skin is always so unbelievably smooth! If you exfoliate daily then you will see minimized blackheads and pores plus soft skin! I own a clarisonic but lately have just been using this alone because I feel like it does the same amount of exfoliating. My only complaint is that it is sometimes difficult to wash off completely so lots of times I wake up with some of it dried on my neck or hairline. This is probably my fault though, just make sure you rinse well! I took one lippie off because I think that if you use it for a long time it can start to clog your pores a little. That's when I take a break from it. Overall a really good exfoliant, in my opinion the rougher the better so I love this! I went through two of these and then tried the generic target version and that one works great too!

on 1/8/2016 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Smells divine and great packaging, but it felt very rough on my skin and I think it gave me more little bumps than it removed. I gave up after a few uses :(