Dior Addict Lipstick

Dior Addict Lipstick
Addict Lipstick

4.3

on 6/23/2017 1:09:00 PM

Man I love these! I have these in several colors now, and they are my favorite lipsticks. I've always been more of a gloss than a lipstick person, and I've found that these are the perfect marriage of both. The colors are smooth and glossy, and the texture of these lipsticks is wonderful- creamy, light, and with a surprising amount of staying power. The color is just enough so that I don't need to use a lipliner to get a nice lipline, but the product's not so opaque that the coverage is like that full-coverage spackle that so many lipsticks seem to give these days. All in all, this product is a winner, and although these are not inexpensive lip products by any means, they're such a good product that I've found I don't really need many additional lip products other than the few of these I have that are in constant rotation.

I think these lipsticks are the best I have ever tried! I have 5 shades: 138 Purity (very very sheer pink, almost no colour payoff), 266 Delight (pale cool pink), 441 Frimousse (peachy pink), 553 (warm pink nude) and 561 Wonderful (bright pink nude).

553 Smile is my favourite, apparently this is Jennifer Lawrence's favourite shade. I first purchased this shade after reading about it online. It's a beautiful warm nude pink, doesn't wash me out and flatters my NC20 skin tone. I have previously reviewed Maybelline Born With It lipstick and claimed it as my favourite all time but I think Dior Addict has overtaken it. I find Born With it leans very blue cool toned which doesn't flatter my yellow complexion at all. I can say Smile is like a warm, more saturated version of Maybelline Born With It.

The texture of these are like gel lipsticks. They are very moisturising. These apply very smoothly and turns slightly tacky after application to give it longevity. They are very comfortable to wear, I feel like my lips are nourished when I have it on. I would describe these as a gel hybrid lipstick/lipbalm. Pigmentation is great, although the lighter shades won't be as pigmented as the brighter ones.

They aren't lying about the gel core texture. There's 2 lots of ingredients on the box. I don't detect any fragrance in these lipsticks.

These costs $52AUD for 3.5g which is really expensive and absurdly overpriced. But these lipsticks are my little everyday luxury. Some people love to buy expensive handbags, clothes, cars etc, i like to buy a luxurious lipstick. The case is just as beautiful, it's holographic and magnetic. It's just divine, I have tried a lot of high end lipsticks (MAC, Chanel, Estee Lauder etc) and Dior Addict just blows everyone out of the water.

on 12/29/2015 5:13:00 PM

Glides on smoothly, very moisturizing, but does not last long, so I need to reapply it every 2-3 hours. I will probably repurchase because the colour 612 looks great on my lips and is so easy to apply when in hurry.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is for the new "gel core" revamp. It's probably one of favourite lipstick formulas of all time and that says a lot. Absolutely incredible! It's extremely light-feeling and moisturizing without being slick. It feels like a lip balm, but never slimy, oily or thick. It looks very smooth and youthful and lasting power is very good for me. It does last through eating and drinking for me and nothing usually does. Some lipsticks in essence last, but what's left is dry or patchy spots. This might fade, but retains it's ultra-moisturizing film and an even flush. I can apply even the most intense shades (Black Tie) without a mirror. Instead of an opaque waxy substance or a slick, heavy cream, it's like a light, solid long-wearing gel with even, buildable pigment. I have Black Tie, which is an incredible dark plummy/reddy/fuschia that can be sheer or intense. No fragrance either! I also have True, a neutral corally pink and City Lights, a brownish mauve with sparkles. All look great with my pale yellow tones. My one complaint is a lack of MLBB brownish tone. City Lights is too sparkly and light. Love, love these!! If you were tempted by the Dior Baume, give these a try instead. They don't have the strong fragrance, are more moisturizing and last longer.

I have two of them singuliere and door kiss. They are really moisturizing but they are not longlasting.

I have one of the recently relaunched Dior Addict Lipsticks in Be Dior, the colour that J. Law sports in the spot for this range. I find the colour buildable, versatile and very flattering on my fair skin with yellow undertones (I match Bobbi Brown foundation in Sand). It also delivers on its promise of a moisturising formula, and has a light, balmy texture on my lips.

Though the first application tugged a little, it gained more slip after my body heat softened it. I like that instead of delivering opaque pigmentation in 1 swipe, the opacity can be finely controlled by layering. This range goes on really smoothly but I think the brighter colours (eg. Be Dior, Dior Kiss, Riviera) complement the buildable formula. It has a demi-gloss finish that lasts for up to 3 hours on me; the colour itself lasts for over 5 hours if I don't eat oily food.

I really love the packaging; it might be bulky for some, but the way it allows me to open and close the lipstick feels extremely beautiful and satisfying. I definitely feel like I'm using an SGD48 lipstick!

I think this range suits those who prefer being able to gradually build up lip colour, prefer non-matte finishes or like the gradient lip look.

on 3/17/2015 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this lipstick in 663 Rose Broderie which is a pinky/mauvey colour with slighly cool undertones on me! It has a slighty powdery scent and taste. Which both lasts the whole time you wear the lippy. It lasts about two hours on me and is drying over time.

on 2/8/2015 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very smooth, moisturizing lipstick. It's for the people who hate lipstick and want something weightless on their lips. It's also for people who want to wear lipstick but have very dry, flaky lips because it won't emphasize any cracks or flakes on your lips at all. It has a very sheer, creamy formula that doesn't go on patchy and is so luxurious feeling. I only took off only lippie because it;s not very long lasting. After eating and drinking it lasts about 3.5 hours on me. I am very neat with food and drinks so this is unusual with me. It might be because I have the color Princess, which is a light pink and light colors never last as long as dark ones. Also, the packaging is bulky which is sort of irritating. All in all, I recommend it because it is a beautiful formula.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received #578 (Dior Kiss) as part of a bonus perk at Sephora. It's a sheer pink lipstick that looks brighter in the tube than it actually is. It goes on rather light but this particular shade doesn't build up very well...good if you're looking for something subtle, not as good if you're looking for drama. Frequent reapplications are a must.

Not bad...perhaps down the road I may be persuaded to try another color.

on 9/17/2014 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dior gas a few of my favourite lipsticks. The formula is smooth, fragrance and flavor free and comes in a great range of colours. It is long-wearing provided you are not eating and really not a much other than lip stains last through meals. The price point is, something people tend to cringe about. I personally do not think it is too much. I guess it depends on you.