Maybelline Moisture Whip L/S in Earthly Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.5

on 9/27/2016 8:19:00 PM

This has been my "go to" lipstick for years, I can't believe they discontinued it. I am a light golden barely olive skin tone and I have a hard time finding lipstick the is neutral enough for me, this was it. The closest dupe that I have found is the new urban decay vice lipstick in studded, it's not perfect but closer than anything else that I have seen.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'll be the first to review this color, Earthly Taupe. The name is a great description of the actual color: a taupe-y brown that has shimmer and as the title suggests, is very moisturized. I do not feel like my lips are being given extra moisture, but this line of lipsticks has been around forever, so i'm sure most people know their consistency.
The lipstick color is perfect on me as a natural, shimmery nude that actually shows up instead of fading into my darker complexion. Because I am more olive/dark, i rarely can wear medium browns, and certainly not nudes. This color has almost a silvery undertone to it. It does not last very long, but that is to be expected from this line. The smell is not totally great, but it's not bad either. I do not taste anything, either (a good thing!).
I answered that I would repurchase, however I have to add that I just bought this and may still be in my honeymoon phase! I may wind up finding that it is not lasting enough, as I tend to like longer lasting stains and matte lipsticks. Still, 2005 may bring a new change for me, to start liking sheers!
This was by far the best color selection for a nude, shimmery brown that i could see. L'oreal and Revlon do not have a color that has the extra depth of this one, imo, so that is why i chose to purchase initially.