Weleda Edelweiss Sun Cream SPF 20

Weleda Edelweiss Sun Cream SPF 20

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really loved this SS at first. Its not irritating, drying or leaves a white cast on your face. On the contrary, it leaves your face moisturized (although I used to wear it over my daily moisturizer) and with a lovely glow. I'm really having a hard time finding the perfect SS, and I so wanted this to work! But unfortunately, it clogged my pores big time and started breaking me out after ca. 3 weeks using it. I have a really sensitive, dehydrated comboskin, and usually NEVER have zits...so maybe this would work on someone who has really dry skin. I will not repurchase though.

on 12/30/2008 4:45:00 AM

I use SPF30 sunblocks in the summer, but I use this one in the colder months. It's nice and non-greasy, and gives a nice glow.

on 5/20/2007 10:57:00 AM

I agree with Booksniffer on several aspects: the cream leaves a white cast, but it fades within a couple of minutes.

It is a bit greasy, which can make it less suitable for oily or combination skintypes. I tend to have combination (sensitive) skin, but my MMU soaks up the oilies from the sunscreen, so I do not mind.

I have read some raves upon Edelweiss extract on the essentialdayspa forum, and although I have just started using this cream, I remark that my skin likes the edelweiss. And, as Booksniffer stated before, it is not crammed with essential oils, so my sensitive skin enjoys this cream.

The price was not expensive at all: in Europe I paid 6 euro for it (for 1.8 fl.oz).

Overal I liked this product, and enjoy the fact that I am using something organic instead of a chemical mixture on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My skin is normal to dry and I can use this as a day cream. It feels really nice on the skin, not sticky like chemical sunscreens do.It lets your face breathe.Weleda products sometimes have a strong smell of essential oils, but this one doesn't. It leaves a white cast, but it is not that bad compared with other sunscreens.It is not the one I will rely on when I know I am going to spend several hours in the sun though. I will choose something with a higher SPF and a chemical sunscreen ( more effective protection against UVA).But on a daily basis, this is perfect. Natural ingredients and not tested on animals.It is alright as a make up base ( Most of the time I only wear concealer and powder).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very good natural sun screen - I use it on my neck, decollete and arms, sometimes on my face. It does its job perfectly, leaves a bit of a white shimmer on your skin, which I don't mind - on the contrary, I find it lovely. My skin is very sensitive to sun and I try to avoid direct sun as good as I can. This sun cream is not expensive and a good size to carry in your bag.

on 7/30/2005 11:49:00 AM

This is a great sunscreen and it's one of the few that doesn't make me break out! Comes in a cute yellow tube and smells lovely. Sort of citrusy. I'm blue cheese pale and I didn't burn using it in 90 odd degree weather. Great stuff

on 4/20/2005 10:30:00 AM

I love this product. It moisturizes my skin and protects it at the same time. It is less greasy than many other SPF products. The only objection I have is that I cannot appy makeup on top of is as it doesn't provide a good base. On my skin (NC20) it doesn't leave a whitish residue and makes my face look radiant.

on 1/13/2005 10:30:00 AM

This is a natural sun cream containing a not chemical SPF made of minerals.It is water resistant.It is very moisturizing and it has a pleasant, not too strong smell(Edelweiss). I bought it last summer because I wanted to use it has a day cream.The cream itself is suitable for that, but the mineral SPF leaves a white film on the skin.This doesn't bother me that much when I am on the beach, but it does during the whole day. It is absolutely a good sun cream, but it is a shame it leaves a white film on the skin.So one lippy of for that.I can't use it as a day cream.I will only use it when I am on the beach.For that purpose it is a excellent sun cream!