MAC Satin - Brule

MAC Satin - Brule
Satin - BruleMAC Brule EyeshadowMAC Brule Eyeshadow Finger SwatchMAC Brule Eyeshadow

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol ----- MAY CONTAIN: Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue Lake 1, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake

on 9/4/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have fair skin, yellow/neutral undertone (NC20 Mac). This colour is great as a base and matches my skin colour perfectly. It's a bit sheer also, which means that basically after application it's practically invisible. Blends well. No problems with the product. The biggest cons are that this is a completely dupable shade, and the price ($26 for refill back at home).

on 10/2/2015 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Very disappointing as it's very powdery and doesn't show on my lids even when applied over lid primer.

To Read all 292 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/29/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It's my base shadow. I wear it everyday as a wash and then MAC's Powersurge lined only on my upper lid, couple coats of mascara and my eyes are done. So simple yet so effective. And, it should be noted it doesn't crease on my very oily lids. Will (and have) repurchase again and again.

I really love this shade sure it's dupable but honestly I really love it. I use it everyday because it matches my skin perfectly as an all over lid shade. A little about me NW20,N1, NARS Monte Blan very cool undertones for reference. And this shadow works perfectly over primer. I use the Fergie primer and when I apply this over it, it gives me the easiest canvass to work on. It makes my e/s go on so smooth. Brule itself is such a beautiful, buttery shade that I would not go without as its a staple in my collection. I have a palette so I buy the single so it does save me some $$. Yes you can buy a similar shade for a lot less, but I really like this shade so much I'm not interested in a dupe. Great brow bone shade as well. Love! Recommended!

This was one of my first eyeshadow purchases when I was creating my 15 pan. This is my go to highlight shade. Its creamy and pigmented. I even like to use it as an all over lid shade for my natural looks. However I would not repurchase. Its seems like now ever palette comes with a creamy matte vanilla shade. I have hit pan on my brule but I have a minimum of four other similar shades to finish before I would even think of repurchasing.

on 4/24/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Brule is good as a neutral wash of color all over the lids. It's almost the same color of my NC35 skin tone. You can use this shade to set your eyeshadow primer or as a matte browbone highlight. Wet n Wild Brûlée is a dupe for Mac Brule.

I prefer Mac Blanc Type however as a matte brow bone highlight or a matte light shade to apply on the lids. To set the eyeshadow primer you can just use some loose transparent face powder instead of an eyeshadow.

on 4/15/2015 6:24:00 PM

I use this shadow every time I wear make up. Perfect base color for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this virtually every day for a neutral eye look as the base colour. It's perfect for neutralising my lid colour and works with pretty much every shade. I particularly like to pair it with one other shade like Haux, Copperplate, Kid, Satin Taupe or Quarry. It's a Satin formula but pretty much a matte finish with no chalkiness. I know it's a popular shade in many makeup artist's kits and I can see why as it's very versatile and a staple in my opinion. Definitely recommend :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have had great experiences with MAC shadows overall, but I find Brule to be underwhelming and lacking in pigmentation. Its possible I just got a "bad one," but I've found that this hardly shows up on my NC20 skin so I never use this as a brow bone highlight unless I want a very natural look. I've found use for it as a base for other colors to make them easier to blend.

I have had this shade in my collection for quite sometime and I don't find myself reaching for it ever. I MUCH prefer Blanc Type by MAC as my highlight shade. I find this shade to be easily dupable- in fact I feel like the shade Brulee by Wet n Wild is pretty much an exact dupe for only two bucks, but has more pigmentation. I recommend trying that shadow out first if you are interested in this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this on brow bone with Haux in the crease, and All That Glitters on lid. Warm Soul Mineralize Blush, and Viva Glam V on the lips. Stunning day look with my medium skin and silver hair. At 60, I'm still using M.A.C!