Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

vegetable soap base, fragrance, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice

on 5/9/2011 9:38:00 PM

I'm guessing this would be great for someone with really oily skin. I'm in between oily and dry, so I guess combination? It smells strongly of tomatos, and frankly I despise tomatoes. But we all assume that it WILL smell somewhat of tomatoes. I used it one night and the next morning and I got a few whiteheads. I will stick with the orange essence cleanser and never look at anything else!

on 12/13/2010 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

love the scent! I was thrilled with it I jumped into shower after I got it. Sadly it really dried out my skin. I had to mask my body with cetaphil's cream a few times before my skin got back to normal. I was glad I didn't use it on my face.

on 7/3/2010 4:39:00 PM

Love this soap I've been using it for years. Especially love it in the summer to control oily skin and to clear sweat and grime from face. smooths out my complexion.

on 6/1/2010 10:10:00 PM

--AMAZINGGGG. I have never used a bar soap product for my face before, but i absolutely love this. I use this every single morning, and when I travel I just take this and use it morning and night. It smells amazing and gets my skin so clean and soft!! The acid from the tomato clears up any blemishes as well. The bar smells like a tomato plant (not an actual tomato) which is an amazingly fresh scent.
--I keep this in a plastic soap container from Target, and it has lasted me almost a year. Great price for such a long-lasting product.
--After using this, my face feels clean and fresh, but I could see how some would describe it as 'drying.' I think this is pretty normal for a bar soap and it doesn't really bother me (even though I already have dry skin). This may FEEL drying, but I don't think it actually is. Also, this can sometimes be hard to find. You can order it, but I bought mine at Bed bath and beyond. Just keep an eye out for stores in your area that carry the whole Burt's Bees line.

on 6/26/2010 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as a free sample mini bar. I have trouble with dry skin and clogged pores that dont really turn into full on pimples...and occassional eczema on face. This stuff did not irritate at all and made my skin very smooth. I wish it wasnt in a bar...taking off a lippie for that. I wouldn't buy it again, but if I get my hands on another sample, I will use it gladly. If it wasnt a bar, I would definitely buy it again.

on 11/28/2010 8:08:00 PM

If you're looking for a cure to your acne, this is NOT the solution. The packaging claims it's good for oily, blemish prone skin, which it is, but it is NOT an acne treatment. It does help sap out a bit of extra oil in your skin, but other than that, it's a pretty basic facial leanser.

If you're looking for a gentle, natural, facial cleanser, this is great. It lasts for a very long time if used only on your face, doesn't irritate or overly dry, yet helps clear your pores of extra oil. I honestly didn't see any improvement from using this, but I was looking for a very basic bar-based natural cleanser and this fits the bill. If you do purchase this, please have realistic expectations, it's not a miracle product.

I also really love the smell. So fresh.

UPDATE 9/24/11: I stopped using this on my face when I started Retin A and finished up the bar on my body. I now have a good thing going with my cetaphil antibacterial bar and cerave's foaming cleanser, the results have been phenomenal so I'm not changing anything in my routine any time soon. I still think this is a decent facial cleanser, but not what I need right now.

on 4/11/2010 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this soap on my face (and sometimes body) for years and love, love, love it! Years ago I had a serious breakout, this cleared it up and made my skin look brighter. Since that time I've stopped using it a few times to try something else and my skin just wasn't the same. For me it helps keep oil in check, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and reduces breakouts. I keep this stocked up and hope they never stop making it :)

After using the Garden Tomato Toner for a while and really liking it, I searched around until I found somewhere to buy this soap (had to order online). I really like the smell (more tomato leaves/plant than actual tomato) but at first felt like it dried out my skin a bit too much. I kept at it (alongside the toner and my usual moisturizer) and am so glad I did. This soap leaves my skin very soft and the drying subsided after about a week of use, and my face is clearer than it has been in years. For a while I was searching for a good facial scrub for when I need some extra exfoliation, but I think I may just prefer to use this soap with an exfoliating cloth instead since it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all and keeps it so clear. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this with the Garden Tomato toner for just $5 total on sale last fall. This soap is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!! I used to have semi-oily skin but I only used this soap like 3 times and I now have super dry skin. This soap made my skin feel like someone cut out all my oil glands and soaked it in alcohol. This stuff smells amazing but it's so drying. I think it made my skin permanently dry along with the toner. I'm so mad!

I used this twice a day to wash my face, until I ran out, and it worked good. It helped control the oil and clear up my skin. I think it turned my face a little tannish from the tomato in it, which was kind of nice, but I've found better face washes so I don't think I would purchase it again.