NIVEA Creme

NIVEA Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 4/6/2019 10:29:00 PM

I’ve seen many mixed reviews on here about this product, and i know that everyone’s skin is different and reacts differently to products.

Let me start by saying my skin is VERY sensitive, to everything! I was really hesitant to use this lotion on my face as it is very thick and has quite a heavy scent, however it could be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made! I’ve been using this on my face for about 2 months now, and I haven’t gotten a single breakout yet! On top of that, my skin is GLOWING in the morning when I wake up. However, it is quite oily and greasy feeling when you first apply it, but it’s all worth it for when you wake up with baby soft skin!

If you’re finding that the original formula is too thick, Nivea also has a “Nivea Soft” formula which is MUCH more of a lotion consistency and is much lighter on the skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did not like this product. Putting it on was so uncomfortable. It's so thick that it pulls my skin when I try to rub it in and it's a little painful. It works, but it's not worth that uncomfortable feeling. After I use it, my skin isn't dry, but it doesn't feel moisturized either. This stuff doesn't leave any oily residue and the smell is okay. It's like a mix between a medical creme and a generic perfume scent. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 3/28/2019 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG lip balm. I use the German original. I heard lanolin was great for dry lips so I got this which contains lanolin alcohol (not alcohol, mainly cholesterol) and Lansinoh lanolin to compare. I considered Aquaphor but it's more expensive where I live so I got Nivea instead.

Application
-Both are easy to apply on lips. They are thick but just a quick rub will get them to melt.
-During warmer temperatures, both become less stiff and easier to rub it in.
-Nivea gives a slight white cast that fades after a few minutes.
-I like to optimize my products. I add ubiquinone into Nivea and stir it with a clean stick. A tiny sprinkle goes a long way - creme instantly turns pale yellow.

Results
-Nivea: Lips stay moist and flake free for a few hours, say 4 hours. After 4 hours, Lips are less moist and less flaky than the beginning even when you feel the creme gone.
-Lansinoh: Lips feel more moist than Nivea. Lips also have a lit from within glow. After a few hours, lips have an interesting texture. The surface feels a little tight but lips are still plump not flaky and when you rub your lips together, lips feel like sandpaper?
-Lansinoh first then Nivea. Bad idea. It feels like Nivea doesn't sink in. Lips also feel dry faster.
-Nivea first then Lansinoh: fantastic! Lips feel creamy and this effect lasts longer.
-Face: Only tried this a few times. No special effect. I have a multi step routine so my face already feels moisturized and humidity is high where I live so there's no need for an additional occlusive.
-Also useful for dry patches on body such as elbows.
***SPECIAL EFFECT***
My lips got larger!

Anyway, it's super satisfying to find a cheap but effective product. Also, if you can, get the Japan version because it contains jojoba and squalane. Or you can just diy and add your favorite oils.

In Germany, where I live, this cream is popular amongst all ages. Parents use it on their babies, teens and young adults, adults and older people. First the positive from my view: I love the smell of this product. The blue packaging did not change over the years. Yeah, that's it. For the negative part: This cream is mainly made of mineral oil. Furthermore it clogs pores and can lead to some unwanted side effects while using over time. For some people it's a wonderful moisturizer, while others cannot use it since they can get negative side effects like acne. Plus, you need clean fingers or another tool to take the product and apply it on the desired area(s). I know, my review sounds like that this product is devil's work. I wanted to point out why I don't like this moisturizer. I had negative experiences with it. People with dry skin have the best chances that Nivea might work for them but for other skin types, I recommend them to be careful and get a travel size to see if it works. Please don't forget that Nivea isn't cruelty free. I use water/rose water/lavender water and pure, high quality, bio argan oil every morning and evening. My skin is getting better and if I'm patting it into my skin softly, the greasy film disappears and I'm left with glowing, moisturized skin (argan oil does not clog your pores at all - a rating of 0 on the scale of comodogenic).

on 1/30/2019 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great cream for very dry skin. It doesn't have any bells and whistles as far as anti-aging ingredients go, but it works extremely well as a basic intense moisturiser. It is a quite heavy and greasy, so I tend to use it as a night cream when my skin needs that extra moisture. As it is quite thick, the way I use it is I press it all over my face and after a couple of minutes it melts enough to massage into the skin. For the price, I wouldn't be without a jar of this. Just as a caution though, it is perfumed so I would go carefully if you have sensitive skin. However, my skin is the reactive type and I have never had any problems with it.

on 1/26/2019 8:18:00 PM

Didn't expect to like this so much! At first glance, it doesn't seem like anything that would suit my combination, adult acne prone skin... but it's absolutely wonderful as a night cream! It is a very moisturising, thick sealing cream that doesn't aggravate my issues with clogged pores and comedones, while helping counteract the drying effects of some of the things I use like AHA/BHAs and topical retinoids. It's too heavy in general for daytime use, but when I've got dry and flaky areas after being outside in very cold weather, it helps rehydrate and soothe without causing a host of problems with acne or irritating ingredients - since it basically just has a bunch of occlusives in it, along with lanolin. Some people get bad reactions with lanolin, my skin seems alright with it. Also good as a general body moisturiser, and in a pinch, as a lip balm for very dry lips.

The downsides are 1. the fragrance and 2. it comes in a jar. But there's nothing that unstable in it so I can live with that. Dirt cheap so it won't break the bank!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Before I review this, I need to tell you folks to pay attention to the size you're ordering [besides making sure you get the version that's made in Germany]. When I put this in my Amazon cart, I thought it was going to be a wee little tin, probably about the size of a tangerine.

WROOONGG! I got enough Nivea to take care of me, my 2 cats, my husband and our birds! Seriously, this is a huge container for no more than I paid! I was honestly and happily surprised.

Having said that, this is another MUA recommendation. Yeah, it's very perfumed and is heavy for any other time than winter or for someone who doesn't have extremely dry skin. I wouldn't recommend it as a face product to anyone who has oily skin or perfume allergies, that's for sure.

I use this after any chemical peels I do, and on the nights I shave my legs because it moisturizes so well. I haven't seen any pimples or cysts yet, and I've been using this for a couple of months on my face about 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I put it over a serum, or I'll spray my face with rosewater, blot lightly and apply.

Probably won't need to buy this again for awhile but when I do, it'll be a repurchase.

on 12/31/2018 5:37:00 PM

One of my favorite moisturizers and Yes, you can use this on your face. I have very sensitive, dehydrated skin which gets very red in the winter. I love rubbing this into my skin because even though it seems thick and you might be afraid it’s going to clog your pores, this stuff glides on like a dream and really soaks into my skin while leaving a very nice protective layer. Just like the Vaseline trend, you need to try this yourself to determine whether it works for you.

I like to layer an oil under it, let that soak in for a few moments, and then dot this on all over. My chin and cheekbones love this! My favorite thing about it is that it really plumps up my cheeks. When I smile wide I can see all the cracks of dry skin up on my cheekbones and under my eyes- not fun. It’s just from the dry air constantly hitting me. I throw this stuff on and everything just fills in and expands.

I usually buy the small tins from CVS for a 1$ but recently found a huge 8.04 oz container of the German formulation and am really loving it. I can notice a difference in the two: The American formulation is a little thicker whereas this version is a little creamier. The scent also isn’t as strong in it which is amazing- I hate overly fragranced skincare- so I think I’m going to grab this version for a while.

There was a scientific study done in the UK comparing the European version to La Mer. The study took incredibly close photos of the skin after 6 weeks of use and determined that Nivea actually beat out La Mer in use. Now, that was only for the specific test group, but I’ll certainly take it.

Again, try it to believe it. I know so many people who use Nivea on their face now because it just works and its so cheap. For my 8.04 oz tin I paid less than 5.00. Considering how much I spent on Mask Vernix- 210.00!!!!- this is fantastic. It works. It’s cheap. Its just basic.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The thing about Nivea Crème is that there really is a difference depending which country of manufacture it's come from. Personally I much prefer the German version over any other I've tried. Yes it's a heavy-duty fragranced moisturizer which I would not be able to use on my face - ever! But for dry patches on my body such as just above my elbows (due to resting on them whilst sat at my desk for many hours each day) it's perfect. In just 6 days the flakiness subsided and my elbows look normal again. When I forget to use this the problem returns eventually so I have to keep applying. Aside from home I also keep a small tub of this next to my office PC to re-apply throughout the day. For the price it's unbeatable!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Not cruelty free so I simply can not use anymore...my conscience won't let me.... hoping they will go leaping bunny soon🐇🐰

Popular Lotions / Creams