NIVEA Creme

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NIVEA Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

In Germany, where I live, this cream is popular amongst all ages. Parents use it on their babies, teens and young adults, adults and older people. First the positive from my view: I love the smell of this product. The blue packaging did not change over the years. Yeah, that's it. For the negative part: This cream is mainly made of mineral oil. Furthermore it clogs pores and can lead to some unwanted side effects while using over time. For some people it's a wonderful moisturizer, while others cannot use it since they can get negative side effects like acne. Plus, you need clean fingers or another tool to take the product and apply it on the desired area(s). I know, my review sounds like that this product is devil's work. I wanted to point out why I don't like this moisturizer. I had negative experiences with it. People with dry skin have the best chances that Nivea might work for them but for other skin types, I recommend them to be careful and get a travel size to see if it works. Please don't forget that Nivea isn't cruelty free. I use water/rose water/lavender water and pure, high quality, bio argan oil every morning and evening. My skin is getting better and if I'm patting it into my skin softly, the greasy film disappears and I'm left with glowing, moisturized skin (argan oil does not clog your pores at all - a rating of 0 on the scale of comodogenic).

on 1/26/2019 8:18:00 PM

Didn't expect to like this so much! At first glance, it doesn't seem like anything that would suit my combination, adult acne prone skin... but it's absolutely wonderful as a night cream! It is a very moisturising, thick sealing cream that doesn't aggravate my issues with clogged pores and comedones, while helping counteract the drying effects of some of the things I use like AHA/BHAs and topical retinoids. It's too heavy in general for daytime use, but when I've got dry and flaky areas after being outside in very cold weather, it helps rehydrate and soothe without causing a host of problems with acne or irritating ingredients - since it basically just has a bunch of occlusives in it, along with lanolin. Some people get bad reactions with lanolin, my skin seems alright with it. Also good as a general body moisturiser, and in a pinch, as a lip balm for very dry lips.

The downsides are 1. the fragrance and 2. it comes in a jar. But there's nothing that unstable in it so I can live with that. Dirt cheap so it won't break the bank!

on 9/6/2018 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

From love it to Im so in love with it

I love this stuff! I love the scent, I love how soothing it feels to smooth it onto my skin, I love how well it moisturizes!!! It is a holy grail moisturizer for me. I don’t use it every night because it is SO thick but I like to use it most nights. I use a lighter moisturizer for day use. Highly recommend as an affordable, practical, and functional moisturizer for face and body!

on 11/18/2017 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this creme ,i use it when in the winter my skin starts to get really dry and this gem is the only cream that reallly sorts this issue out 100%
Whenever i have had an allergic reaction to some cosmetic my face skin goes very dry and scaly rough to touch,it doesnt happen often maybe once in five years,but this is the creme i turn to,i apply a very thick layer like a mask,it sinks right in after about thirty mins,i apply again and again and leave it on overnight,after doing this for three consecutive days my skin finally returns to its normal self,always have apot to hand-the best.
If anyone found this helpful in the case of an allergic reaction if this does not work then switch to Vaseline for three more days or until your skin starts feeling like skin again,i had to do this recently as the reaction to an anti ageing cream was so severe,i used the small blue tin one called lip therapy,not the jar as for some reason that always gives me spots, this one in the tin is a thinner consistency i think,it took 9 days for my skin to return to normal.

on 10/23/2017 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ok well I have just got onto the nivea creme bandwagon knocking onto 31 now I am beginning to notice a significant transformation to my skin as of late it's getting more and more chronically dry the skin around my nose as been flaking like crazy lately and have been getting these inflamed dry and irrated patches on my face I tried everything and nothing worked I read all the benefits of this wonderful yet simplistic little cream in a tin and I have never been happier it's rather hydrating so oil skinny People proceed cautiously but to a dry skin sufferer like me my search is finnaly over and the bonus is doesn't cost an arm and a leg THANK YOU NIVEA!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this but I was not very impressed.
On its own, I did not find it very moisturizing.
It is very heavy and greasy. It mostly sits on top of the skin and does not sink into the skin well if at all.
The Nivea only made the skin feel soft after applying and allowing it to stay on overnight but if I did not reapply the skin was dry and rough again once the Nivea completely wore off. I used it for over a month and the same dry patch on my elbow is not healed. It is smaller but not gone. I also tried it on the face and found it very heavy and suffocating and it broke me out.
It worked better lightly under the eyes but I stayed away from the inner corners to avoid puffiness.
It did soften the skin but it was still technically dry and if I did not reapply it would go back to the way it was.
Personally, after using this for two months now I have no real use for this product.

Also, CeraVe on its own completely healed the initial dry patch on my elbow in less than a week.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

I've alway's heard this was a dupe of the La Mer Creme, but I will have to get the La Mer to find out one day. I have tried the mexican formula-oil based like cold cream that is commonly sold in the US, the german formula- waxy based that I was fortunate to find at Ross, and came across a south african formula emolliet waxy yet lighter weight also found at Ross..

They all are equally heavy in texture and I think they could be great for the neck-toes, but in no way would I put this on my face because of how thick it is and it contains;perfume.
The rose like scent is out dated but I can tolerate the smell. It makes a great hand cream, or any place where you may have dry skin.

Personally I prefer the german formula the best because it absorbs into the skin, and I don't understood why they don't stock the formula on the US shelves. Some people love this but I feel that it is just a good, simple, heavy moisturizer. I just wish they made it without the scent, or made a better scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

TLDR: Tried it, loved it, addicted, we're married now. That's it.

So I read the article by the lady comparing Nivea to La Mer. Being significantly more dry post-Accutane and not getting any younger, suffice to say I was interested. With a $1 price tag on a jar just the right size for sampling, I needed no convincing.

I didn't get into the whole controversy of Mexican formula vs. German formula. I just bought the one easily available at my local drugstore, which was Mexican. Bueno, make me pretty.

The $1 packaging is a lil blue tin that you dip into. If you're weird about the sanitariness of tubs, you can easily use a spatula or some other applicator to dispense the product with. I just dip into it with clean fingertips and dab all over my face and neck, rubbing and patting until it's evenly distributed. It's pretty heavy so save your generous application for the evening and use sparingly during the day. It absorbs fairly well and my skin looks noticeably more plump and healthy after using it for a few days. I've gotten to where I use it on my hands, elbows and knees, and even the ends of my hair if it's looking thirsty.

If you find it too heavy, Nivea makes a more lightweight formula called Soft you might like better. I have them both and go back and forth. Even when I use the Soft, I'll often dab a bit of the original formula around my eyes as a makeshift eye cream.

Note: I've not had many issues with breakouts from this product but it can clog my pores on my nose especially. Exfoliating twice a week and using astringent semi-regularly prevents this.

Bottom line: Frankly this stuff has become a makeup bag staple of mine. I always keep it stocked; I've even got my fella using it. It's certainly worth trying for the price.

on 7/2/2017 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Rich, thick, and a little greasy, this can be difficult to physically put on without rubbing it between your hands first to warm it up. The reviewer who compared it to cold cream cheese was right on the money. Chapped hands and feet don't stand a chance. The fragrance is very strong and annoying, but when the product is this good and this cheap, I can't bring myself to care.

Popular Lotions / Creams