NIVEA Creme

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NIVEA Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 3/28/2019 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG lip balm. I use the German original. I heard lanolin was great for dry lips so I got this which contains lanolin alcohol (not alcohol, mainly cholesterol) and Lansinoh lanolin to compare. I considered Aquaphor but it's more expensive where I live so I got Nivea instead.

Application
-Both are easy to apply on lips. They are thick but just a quick rub will get them to melt.
-During warmer temperatures, both become less stiff and easier to rub it in.
-Nivea gives a slight white cast that fades after a few minutes.
-I like to optimize my products. I add ubiquinone into Nivea and stir it with a clean stick. A tiny sprinkle goes a long way - creme instantly turns pale yellow.

Results
-Nivea: Lips stay moist and flake free for a few hours, say 4 hours. After 4 hours, Lips are less moist and less flaky than the beginning even when you feel the creme gone.
-Lansinoh: Lips feel more moist than Nivea. Lips also have a lit from within glow. After a few hours, lips have an interesting texture. The surface feels a little tight but lips are still plump not flaky and when you rub your lips together, lips feel like sandpaper?
-Lansinoh first then Nivea. Bad idea. It feels like Nivea doesn't sink in. Lips also feel dry faster.
-Nivea first then Lansinoh: fantastic! Lips feel creamy and this effect lasts longer.
-Face: Only tried this a few times. No special effect. I have a multi step routine so my face already feels moisturized and humidity is high where I live so there's no need for an additional occlusive.
-Also useful for dry patches on body such as elbows.
***SPECIAL EFFECT***
My lips got larger!

Anyway, it's super satisfying to find a cheap but effective product. Also, if you can, get the Japan version because it contains jojoba and squalane. Or you can just diy and add your favorite oils.

on 1/30/2019 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great cream for very dry skin. It doesn't have any bells and whistles as far as anti-aging ingredients go, but it works extremely well as a basic intense moisturiser. It is a quite heavy and greasy, so I tend to use it as a night cream when my skin needs that extra moisture. As it is quite thick, the way I use it is I press it all over my face and after a couple of minutes it melts enough to massage into the skin. For the price, I wouldn't be without a jar of this. Just as a caution though, it is perfumed so I would go carefully if you have sensitive skin. However, my skin is the reactive type and I have never had any problems with it.

on 1/26/2019 8:18:00 PM

Didn't expect to like this so much! At first glance, it doesn't seem like anything that would suit my combination, adult acne prone skin... but it's absolutely wonderful as a night cream! It is a very moisturising, thick sealing cream that doesn't aggravate my issues with clogged pores and comedones, while helping counteract the drying effects of some of the things I use like AHA/BHAs and topical retinoids. It's too heavy in general for daytime use, but when I've got dry and flaky areas after being outside in very cold weather, it helps rehydrate and soothe without causing a host of problems with acne or irritating ingredients - since it basically just has a bunch of occlusives in it, along with lanolin. Some people get bad reactions with lanolin, my skin seems alright with it. Also good as a general body moisturiser, and in a pinch, as a lip balm for very dry lips.

The downsides are 1. the fragrance and 2. it comes in a jar. But there's nothing that unstable in it so I can live with that. Dirt cheap so it won't break the bank!

on 12/31/2018 5:37:00 PM

One of my favorite moisturizers and Yes, you can use this on your face. I have very sensitive, dehydrated skin which gets very red in the winter. I love rubbing this into my skin because even though it seems thick and you might be afraid it’s going to clog your pores, this stuff glides on like a dream and really soaks into my skin while leaving a very nice protective layer. Just like the Vaseline trend, you need to try this yourself to determine whether it works for you.

I like to layer an oil under it, let that soak in for a few moments, and then dot this on all over. My chin and cheekbones love this! My favorite thing about it is that it really plumps up my cheeks. When I smile wide I can see all the cracks of dry skin up on my cheekbones and under my eyes- not fun. It’s just from the dry air constantly hitting me. I throw this stuff on and everything just fills in and expands.

I usually buy the small tins from CVS for a 1$ but recently found a huge 8.04 oz container of the German formulation and am really loving it. I can notice a difference in the two: The American formulation is a little thicker whereas this version is a little creamier. The scent also isn’t as strong in it which is amazing- I hate overly fragranced skincare- so I think I’m going to grab this version for a while.

There was a scientific study done in the UK comparing the European version to La Mer. The study took incredibly close photos of the skin after 6 weeks of use and determined that Nivea actually beat out La Mer in use. Now, that was only for the specific test group, but I’ll certainly take it.

Again, try it to believe it. I know so many people who use Nivea on their face now because it just works and its so cheap. For my 8.04 oz tin I paid less than 5.00. Considering how much I spent on Mask Vernix- 210.00!!!!- this is fantastic. It works. It’s cheap. Its just basic.

on 5/22/2018 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I recently returned to this product on a whim as I was using La Roche Posay Toleriane and felt that this offered much of the same promises. I purchased the German formulation in the metal tin. I use it at night by applying it over Rosehip Oil. I start by cleansing my face and leaving it slightly damp. I then apply a few drops of Rosehip Oil and allow that to settle for about 5 minutes. After this I apply about a pea sized amount of Nivea cream. I also apply the same regime to my hands and feet every night. In the morning I wipe my face over with a moistened makeup removing cloth and then apply my primer and makeup.

There is a reason why these products have been around so long. I am 52 and my skin is soft and radiant. Nivea is so cheap and it just works. I used to believe that mature women need to purchase the high end products to get results. I was a long time user of Cosmedix, Results RX, La Roche Posay, etc... A year ago I gave up retinol products, but stuck with a strict sunscreen regime along with botox every three months in the crows and frown lines. Nivea is one of those companies that releases a lot of new products lately, but their old school lines are fantastic.

It should be said that Nivea cream does tend to sit on the skin a bit and make you look like a glow worm, but in the morning, it has all absorbed. It lasts ages too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I genuinely do not get the hype. I have tried both the US and German formulations and I found both to be greasy and difficult to work with. On the face, Nivea is a disaster. I tried the German formula out as a night cream and I woke up the next morning with irritated skin that had a couple of new whiteheads, some dermatitis patches near my mouth, clogged pores, and flakiness. My facial skin is too sensitive for this. I will use up the tub I have on my body because it's thick and my legs can tolerate it, but even as a body moisturizer it is difficult to spread and never seems to sink in. Hard pass on this, y'all. If you want a decent cream from the drugstore, get CeraVe.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

If I read a review of a product and someone says their grandmother used the product and had beautiful skin her whole life, there’s a 99% chance I’m going to try that product. There is something so appealing to me about vintage beauty and skincare products that have stood the test of time. Nivea creme is no exception. I use this only on my face and neck at night and only the German version. I do not enjoy using this on my body because of how thick and hard it is to spread. For my face, it’s a nice rich cream and I enjoy using it in my routine. My skin usually looks much better in the morning when I wake up after I’ve used it, I get a nice glow. I’m incredibly acne prone and this doesn’t break me out. I really think this is worth the insanely cheap price and a great product for people who want to try the famed La Mer without the insane price tag.

I use this every night after I wash my face. A very generous amount .I have super dry sensitive skin and get flakey around my nose and mouth in winter. This has kept my skin so soft and plum it has also been the only thing I’ve used as a lip balm but stays on my lips and I don’t have to constantly reapply. I use the US version made in Mexico which I believe contains petroleum. I ordered the German version after seeing people saying that’s the best one but I find the German one to be not quite as rich so for some one with oily or normal skin would be great but I prefer the US version better it works for my dry lips and skin. I wish the smallest size came with a screw top tin or plastic container the slip on tin comes off very easily in my purse.

on 10/23/2017 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ok well I have just got onto the nivea creme bandwagon knocking onto 31 now I am beginning to notice a significant transformation to my skin as of late it's getting more and more chronically dry the skin around my nose as been flaking like crazy lately and have been getting these inflamed dry and irrated patches on my face I tried everything and nothing worked I read all the benefits of this wonderful yet simplistic little cream in a tin and I have never been happier it's rather hydrating so oil skinny People proceed cautiously but to a dry skin sufferer like me my search is finnaly over and the bonus is doesn't cost an arm and a leg THANK YOU NIVEA!!!!!

on 8/15/2017 4:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Nah, this was just too thick and waxy. I tried warming it up between my palms to help it glide on more easily, but still found it too thick. It leaves a temporary film on your skin for a very long time - that's why I only use it at night. The following morning it would have sunk in and my skin left moisturized, but it did not hydrate my skin any more than other lotions I have tried. Since it won't spread I feel like I'm using a bigger amount than I normally would, i.e. less eonomic. Overall, nothing special about this and found it such a hassle to use.