NIVEA Creme

Filtered by skin tone : Other
NIVEA Creme

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Before I review this, I need to tell you folks to pay attention to the size you're ordering [besides making sure you get the version that's made in Germany]. When I put this in my Amazon cart, I thought it was going to be a wee little tin, probably about the size of a tangerine.

WROOONGG! I got enough Nivea to take care of me, my 2 cats, my husband and our birds! Seriously, this is a huge container for no more than I paid! I was honestly and happily surprised.

Having said that, this is another MUA recommendation. Yeah, it's very perfumed and is heavy for any other time than winter or for someone who doesn't have extremely dry skin. I wouldn't recommend it as a face product to anyone who has oily skin or perfume allergies, that's for sure.

I use this after any chemical peels I do, and on the nights I shave my legs because it moisturizes so well. I haven't seen any pimples or cysts yet, and I've been using this for a couple of months on my face about 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I put it over a serum, or I'll spray my face with rosewater, blot lightly and apply.

Probably won't need to buy this again for awhile but when I do, it'll be a repurchase.

on 10/22/2018 11:36:00 PM

A classic. I use this as the last step in my evening skincare routine. It’s a great, cheap, simple occlusive to seal in your skincare but is a lot more cosmetically elegant than plain vaseline. I mean yes, it will make your face very shiny but it doesn’t feel sticky or goopy. At night I take a sizable amount from the jar, warm it in my hands, and apply by gently pressing it into my skin. It applies comfortably and evenly when used this way. I have tried using it as a standalone moisturizer but the texture of it is so rich that it doesn’t feel comfortable on bare skin. I’ve also tried using it during the day, but even the smallest amount can make your skin look greasy towards the end of the day. Despite the strong fragrance, this is one of the only moisturizers I’ve used that doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin, and it doesn’t make me break out either. Also great to use as a hand cream before bed in the wintertime.

I’m only buying the German version of this when I finish my tin. I RIS a nice xmas tin of this creme from German friend of mine so I know it’s German formula so much better than N American formula. I use this for lack of a better word to “grease” my feet at least twice a day .I wear the Nivea applied generously to my feet taking care to get my heels esp then socks go on. It’s the most healing thing if you have diabetic feet. I don’t have diabetes but I have the same concerns as some1 w diabetic feet. This works on my face too it’s a CdlMer dupe I hear but I’ll never know bcoz CdlM will never touch this face I’m poor haha but this stuff is the most awesome foot creme ever. It’s perf 10/10 & I don’t use it every day on my face but I should start it brings out a good complexion I bet my skin could get used to it. It used to be that I couldn’t use a drop of anything w oil or creme or I broke out. Now I swear by ponds cold creme to cleanse my face first step of my double cleanse (the 2nd is Clinique acne systems bar soap or Dial Gold liquid soap). German Nivea is amazing I’m hoarding my blue tub of it. They make other stuff too for body care (face, wipes, deo, shave, men’s, shower, body lotion) all the German stuff is much better I think u can get German Nivea on Ebay or amazon but I’m sure it’s $$$ I need my deutsche swapper to send more Nivea lol this stuff I swear by. The Mexican stuff is like lard. It never melts into skin it’s thick & nasty when the German stuff melds w ur skin it sinks in & is readily absorbed & it gives your fave a healthy lit-from-within glow where as the mex sits on top of ur skin leaving it dull & waxy. I totally consider this a HG. 100% #winner —- Grade A- (because it’s hard to get! Otherwise would be A++)

on 11/14/2017 4:58:00 AM

On my lips yes but on my face no way it breaks me out cause it clogs the pores. Maby for hands but not very likely. Scent is lovely though. Cheap.

on 2/16/2017 12:14:00 PM

I love love love this creme as it has helped moisturise my super dry and flaky skin due to winter season. It also helped to fix my dry lips and cracked heels. My face feel smoother and few shades fairer than before. I will definitely repurchase and continue using this nivea creme.

on 2/6/2017 4:15:00 PM

Basic but works very well !

on 9/29/2016 1:59:00 AM

THIS HAS BEEN COMPARED WITH LA MER AND THIS IS WAY MORE EFFECTIVE! I READ CARA HAS BEEN USING THIS SO I TRIED IT AND WAS QUITE SATISFIED WITH THE RESULT. AFTER THAT I SAW A LOT OF WEBSITE COMPARING IT WITH LA MER AND THE ONE WHO EXPERIMENTED BOTH NIVEA AND LA MER ON HER FACE WON ME OVER... NIVEA REDUCED HER WRINKLES AND RED SPOTS MORE THAN LA MER DID TO HER FACE. AND I ALSO SAW MY WRINKLES GONE AFTER USING IT FOR A FEW DAYS SO FAR!!!! BEST PRODUCT IN THE WORLD!!!

on 9/22/2016 2:31:00 PM

I used it on my hands and elbows for a week or two and I just couldn't bear it anymore.

Pros: none.

Cons:
— It doesn't moisturize that well
— It is so thick you can barely spread a grape-sized blob on your hands
— It takes too long to absorb
— It has a strong noticeable smell. I'm not saying it smells bad, but personally I want my hand creme to smell as little as possible
— Packaging. Although this creme is too cheap to expect it, a pump lid would be very convenient.

Nivea's Soft Moisturizing Creme is way better than this product.

I'm reviewing the German formula. Like others have said, the German formula is a bit different and it can be hard to find but it is worth it! I get mine from a local German Deli. I have super dry and sensitive skin and I use this after cleansing my face in the morning and night. It's great under makeup and while sleeping. A little goes a long way, and make sure your face is dry when applying (it doesn't bend well if your face is wet). I have been using this face creme for 5 years now and always get complements on how young I look (I'm 28 but people think I'm in my late teens). Love it!

on 4/13/2016 3:53:00 AM

Oh my god. I got the GERMAN version because it does not have the preservatives the US one has. YES it's not as easy to get but finding it online at a low cost is really not a problem. It is amazing. It's definitely comparable to lamer in terms of moisture and scent. The Lamer you really have to 'warm up' and this one you don't as much. It is harder to blend if your face is wet. I love love love it Lamer breaks me out and this does not so worth it! and it's pretty cheap even with the online shopping. Glowing amazing skin. Very simple cream, for moisture only really this does not contain anti aging so use a good serum or use this on rotation.