Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After reading that this is a Creme de la Mer dupe, I was so curious! Once I found out that they sell the German one in Australia, I scooped it up for $5 for the 150ml tin. I love that the packaging is so old school and simple. Onto the product! It's so thick and cannot be applied to wet skin. You have to take a fairly small amount and kind of work it in. For my skin which is showing first signs of aging, it has been great! My skin tone is much more even and my "wrinkles" seem softer. The surprising thing is that it's wonderful for my acne prone skin. I have been getting less breakouts and barely wear makeup anymore. In saying that, don't overdo it. If my face feels a bit clogged, I give my skin a break from the cream and it makes a difference. I'm going to keep using it because it's cheaper and more effective than all the fancy stuff. I have no idea how it works better than anything else but I won't question it haha

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This guy has been around for ages for a reason.

I remember my parents using it when I was little and now that I am in my 20s, I started using it again. It is a very nice, rich cream that can be used on your face and body if needed. Great as a hydrating leave on overnight mask or even a hand/foot cream. You can't beat the price, it is just 1 dollar.

Some say it is a Creme De La Mer dupe, I talk more about it in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) but other than that - you just can't go wrong with this little guy. It is perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I genuinely do not get the hype. I have tried both the US and German formulations and I found both to be greasy and difficult to work with. On the face, Nivea is a disaster. I tried the German formula out as a night cream and I woke up the next morning with irritated skin that had a couple of new whiteheads, some dermatitis patches near my mouth, clogged pores, and flakiness. My facial skin is too sensitive for this. I will use up the tub I have on my body because it's thick and my legs can tolerate it, but even as a body moisturizer it is difficult to spread and never seems to sink in. Hard pass on this, y'all. If you want a decent cream from the drugstore, get CeraVe.

This is a good basic occlusive moisturiser. After deciding to do a total re-haul of my skincare (no fragrance, big focus on moisture) I picked up this from the supermarket in NZ for around $13

I have a very combination skin type. My skin will get very oily if it is hydrated wrong/not hydrated. I am also quite acne prone so have finally conquered my fear of heavy moisturisers. This was the first I tried.

This moisturiser is a fabulous starting point for combo/dry/stressed skin. I use it both day and night. While it gives you a very shiny skin finish during the day, I top this off with sunscreen and it seems to mattify it down a lot. I follow this with my foundation and it works beautifully (once I powder) Can I reiterate, I have a combo oily acne prone skin type! I have not broken out, my skin stays hydrated all day and I do not look like an oil slick. I also use this at night after an active (retinol, vit C, AHA, BHA) and it works great. My skin is more even and happy every morning.

The cons for this is that it is a basic formula. It has glycerin, lanolin and mineral oil which are wonderful at preventing moisture loss in the skin but there is little to offer in terms of other skin beneficial ingredients. For example unless I am using an antioxidant/other goodies rich serum before this, this does not assist in any way with other skin quality/anti-aging/anti-acne quality.

For this reason I will be likely switching to CeraVe PM Lotion which contains ceramides, niacinamides and hyaluronic acid. However, I will likely keep this for my body/neck/decolletage and would not hesitate to put this on my face again if I did not have my usual CeraVe handy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

If I read a review of a product and someone says their grandmother used the product and had beautiful skin her whole life, there’s a 99% chance I’m going to try that product. There is something so appealing to me about vintage beauty and skincare products that have stood the test of time. Nivea creme is no exception. I use this only on my face and neck at night and only the German version. I do not enjoy using this on my body because of how thick and hard it is to spread. For my face, it’s a nice rich cream and I enjoy using it in my routine. My skin usually looks much better in the morning when I wake up after I’ve used it, I get a nice glow. I’m incredibly acne prone and this will only occasionally break me out, which leads me to believe it’s probably another product I’ve layered with it or my skin is just acting up that week. Anyway, I really think this is worth the insanely cheap price and a great product for people who want to try the famed La Mer without the insane price tag.

on 2/14/2018 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this on my body, not face. What is it meant for?

on 1/21/2018 1:11:00 AM

Very heavy, greasy and does not absorb into my skin, leaves a greasy layer on top of my skin which i can actually roll off..yuck. Felt like i had to reshower after applying it to my neck and chest area, would never use this on my face!

I use this every night after I wash my face. A very generous amount .I have super dry sensitive skin and get flakey around my nose and mouth in winter. This has kept my skin so soft and plum it has also been the only thing I’ve used as a lip balm but stays on my lips and I don’t have to constantly reapply. I use the US version made in Mexico which I believe contains petroleum. I ordered the German version after seeing people saying that’s the best one but I find the German one to be not quite as rich so for some one with oily or normal skin would be great but I prefer the US version better it works for my dry lips and skin. I wish the smallest size came with a screw top tin or plastic container the slip on tin comes off very easily in my purse.

on 1/4/2018 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Nivea creme is surprisingly the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out. My skin is acne prone and sensitive so I have to be careful with many moisturizers. This moisturizer doesn't have cetearyl alcohol which I always break out from! Nivea creme plumps up my skin and it stays hydrated. Though, sometimes it's a little too greasy. Other than that, it's my HG moisturizer for now.

on 12/5/2017 11:52:00 PM

I, like many, use this as a dupe for Creme de la Mer. I read on the blog ‘Beautiful With Brains’ that ‘Creme De La Mer also contains seaweed extract, which undergoes a fermentation process that makes it produce lactic acid.’
Whether this is true or not, after reading this I started applying The Ordinary’s lactic acid under Nivea’s Creme to make up for that aspect. This is the dream team. In the morning my skin is soft, smooth and beautiful.
I’m satisfied and don’t feel compelled to try a different night moisturiser, which as someone who is a restless consumer with a taste for high end products, says a lot.

I use the ‘German’ version for anyone who’s interested. This is what’s commonly sold in Australia.

Popular Lotions / Creams