Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 11/18/2017 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this creme ,i use it when in the winter my skin starts to get really dry and this gem is the only cream that reallly sorts this issue out 100%
Whenever i have had an allergic reaction to some cosmetic my face skin goes very dry and scaly rough to touch,it doesnt happen often maybe once in five years,but this is the creme i turn to,i apply a very thick layer like a mask,it sinks right in after about thirty mins,i apply again and again and leave it on overnight,after doing this for three consecutive days my skin finally returns to its normal self,always have apot to hand-the best.

on 11/14/2017 4:58:00 AM

On my lips yes but on my face no way it breaks me out cause it clogs the pores. Maby for hands but not very likely. Scent is lovely though. Cheap.

on 10/23/2017 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ok well I have just got onto the nivea creme bandwagon knocking onto 31 now I am beginning to notice a significant transformation to my skin as of late it's getting more and more chronically dry the skin around my nose as been flaking like crazy lately and have been getting these inflamed dry and irrated patches on my face I tried everything and nothing worked I read all the benefits of this wonderful yet simplistic little cream in a tin and I have never been happier it's rather hydrating so oil skinny People proceed cautiously but to a dry skin sufferer like me my search is finnaly over and the bonus is doesn't cost an arm and a leg THANK YOU NIVEA!!!!!

on 11/13/2017 10:32:00 AM

I've been using this for around 3 months now and probably would not repurchase it given the choice. I have dry skin and it is adequate as a night moisturizer, but when I tried using this for both day and night, my skin texture felt strange- heavy if not bouncy, if that makes any sense. Also, I felt that even though the creme itself was very rich, the actual moisturizing could be better- I noticed that I end my day with more dry patches on my face when using it both day and night than when using a light, gel day moisturizer and saving the Nivea Creme for sleeping. For the price though, it can't be beat and I'd be willing to keep this on hand as an emergency moisturizer if I suddenly run out of my main ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Everyone needs a tin of this in the house. It’s basically a modern day salve- fix gardener’s hands, rub over rough patches in the winter. Help your male/less feminine partner with tough skin that gets neglected. Provide intense (but very surface-oily) moisture to dry hands. Reliable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this for a few things:

For hands, it's pretty decent. I feel like it's a little too thick for my liking, but the smell is nice. It seems like it doesn't totally sink in, so that bothers me a little. I'll probably use it for dry heels/elbows if I take it back out.

For my face, this was a disaster. I tried it as a face cream for night or day and both times it broke me out and never sunk in. It felt suffocating. I also tried it as a cold cream to remove makeup and it was way too thick. This process ended up making my face red and irritated. I have sensitive skin that is acne-prone and dehydration-prone for reference. This won't go near my face again.

Overall, I would not repurchase this. I prefer more creamy lotions and hand creams.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this but I was not very impressed.
On its own, I did not find it very moisturizing.
It is very heavy and greasy. It mostly sits on top of the skin and does not sink into the skin well if at all.
The Nivea only made the skin feel soft after applying and allowing it to stay on overnight but if I did not reapply the skin was dry and rough again once the Nivea completely wore off. I used it for over a month and the same dry patch on my elbow is not healed. It is smaller but not gone. I also tried it on the face and found it very heavy and suffocating and it broke me out.
It worked better lightly under the eyes but I stayed away from the inner corners to avoid puffiness.
It did soften the skin but it was still technically dry and if I did not reapply it would go back to the way it was.
Personally, after using this for two months now I have no real use for this product.

Also, CeraVe on its own completely healed the initial dry patch on my elbow in less than a week.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

I've alway's heard this was a dupe of the La Mer Creme, but I will have to get the La Mer to find out one day. I have tried the mexican formula-oil based like cold cream that is commonly sold in the US, the german formula- waxy based that I was fortunate to find at Ross, and came across a south african formula emolliet waxy yet lighter weight also found at Ross..

They all are equally heavy in texture and I think they could be great for the neck-toes, but in no way would I put this on my face because of how thick it is and it contains;perfume.
The rose like scent is out dated but I can tolerate the smell. It makes a great hand cream, or any place where you may have dry skin.

Personally I prefer the german formula the best because it absorbs into the skin, and I don't understood why they don't stock the formula on the US shelves. Some people love this but I feel that it is just a good, simple, heavy moisturizer. I just wish they made it without the scent, or made a better scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

TLDR: Tried it, loved it, addicted, we're married now. That's it.

So I read the article by the lady comparing Nivea to La Mer. Being significantly more dry post-Accutane and not getting any younger, suffice to say I was interested. With a $1 price tag on a jar just the right size for sampling, I needed no convincing.

I didn't get into the whole controversy of Mexican formula vs. German formula. I just bought the one easily available at my local drugstore, which was Mexican. Bueno, make me pretty.

The $1 packaging is a lil blue tin that you dip into. If you're weird about the sanitariness of tubs, you can easily use a spatula or some other applicator to dispense the product with. I just dip into it with clean fingertips and dab all over my face and neck, rubbing and patting until it's evenly distributed. It's pretty heavy so save your generous application for the evening and use sparingly during the day. It absorbs fairly well and my skin looks noticeably more plump and healthy after using it for a few days. I've gotten to where I use it on my hands, elbows and knees, and even the ends of my hair if it's looking thirsty.

If you find it too heavy, Nivea makes a more lightweight formula called Soft you might like better. I have them both and go back and forth. Even when I use the Soft, I'll often dab a bit of the original formula around my eyes as a makeshift eye cream.

Note: I've not had many issues with breakouts from this product but it can clog my pores on my nose especially. Exfoliating twice a week and using astringent semi-regularly prevents this.

Bottom line: Frankly this stuff has become a makeup bag staple of mine. I always keep it stocked; I've even got my fella using it. It's certainly worth trying for the price.

on 9/5/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My HG for life! If there was one thing I had to take on a desert island, it would be this. I'm 32 and people often think I'm around 20 (they are so shocked when I tell them my age) and I honestly put it down to wearing this cream. I started wearing this nearly 15 years ago and have worn this everyday since then. I lather it on generously after toning my skin in the morning and at night.

If you have really dry skin this is amazing. It's been compared to La Mer moisturising creme which is quite expensive. Some might find this too thick and greasy for them but if you have dry skin, its perfect.

Popular Lotions / Creams