Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 3/26/2017 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Get the German version (available on Amazon). It has paraffin instead of mineral oil and petroleum. This means it's less geasy. It's a very thick soothing cream but goes in quickly. I don't know of anything more moisturizing. I have tried a lot of dry skin products. The texture is a bit like cream cheese. It spreads well and goes in quickly It does have a strong grandmother smell. When I used the American all my clothese smelled like it. I think the smell fades better with the German version. I don't have both at the same time. I use this for body only as it probably break me out . Great for exzema and really dry chapped skin.

on 3/25/2017 9:39:00 PM

I like this product. I have combination/oily skin and I use this product as I night moisturiser, it makes my skin feel refreshing. I still use it even though I do have oily skin but there have been many reports saying that 'if you have oily skin put more oil onto it' because the reason your skin is producing a lot of oil is because you are not moisturising it. I like this and will use again.

on 3/23/2017 3:44:00 PM

i tried to use it as cream and mask and both times my skin almost instantly heat up and becomes itchy...this is a no go for me.......not sure what's triggering the reaction though......

on 3/11/2017 12:51:00 PM

I was introduced to Nivea by my mother when I was an adolescent. We have the same skin, fair and a tendency to be dry. I have tried numerous skincare products as it is a bit of an obsession of mine to look good. I think it has paid off, my skin is in great shape and I'm in my mid fifties. It helps to not smoke and to eat properly. To make a long story short, Nivea is good as a night regime, not in the morning, as it is greasy and takes a while to absorb. It is the ultimate moisturizer for my skin and it is especially effective if I cleanse my face around 8 or 9 pm, apply Nivea and let it do its thing a couple of hours before I go to bed. If I wait until bedtime, it ends up on my pillow. This is not a product for individuals with oily skin and/or prone to breakouts. My only skin issue is dryness and Nivea resolves this problem for me better than any other product. The price cannot be beat, it is extremely affordable, and the container is large. I love the way it smells too.

on 3/6/2017 3:14:00 PM

I LOVE this cream. I live in a mountain town in Canada, where the winters are harsh. My skin dries out & gets super flakey & itchy. This cream combats the dry skin almost instantly. It has the classic Nivea smell....which I'm addicted to. My skin is super sensitive to certain ingredients, but doesn't seem to react to this cream, so I will keep using it. The only negative thing I have to say about it, is that it takes a bit of time for it to soak into the skin, so it feels slightly greasy for several minutes after application. If you wait about 5-10 minutes, it soaks in nicely & leaves skin soft & smooth.

on 2/16/2017 12:14:00 PM

I love love love this creme as it has helped moisturise my super dry and flaky skin due to winter season. It also helped to fix my dry lips and cracked heels. My face feel smoother and few shades fairer than before. I will definitely repurchase and continue using this nivea creme.

on 2/12/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely despise this product. It smells horrible, greasy, and doesn't moisturize. I will not repurchase.

on 2/6/2017 4:15:00 PM

Basic but works very well !

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't rave enough about this product. This has been my staple facial moisturizer since it is very thick and it has all the ingredients that will make sure my skin will be fully hydrated the next day. I always use this on top of my replenishing face cream by eucerin and it's a match made in heaven.

The reviews for this product is kinda mixed. Some people love it for how basic it is while some people hate it because it is very thick and oily. I tried to use it as a body creme, and of course, it was so thick that it was very hard to spread around. Now I use it as a facial/repairing creme because it provides me exactly what I need, a basic product that provides sufficient hydration and doesn't break me out.

A lot of users complain that it is very oily, and they do have a point. Like I mentioned before, the creme is very thick and difficult to spread around. But I did end up finding a way to solve the issue. I started to pair the creme with Avene's Thermal Spring Water.

The Thermal Spring Water gives enough boost to make the creme less condensed, and it makes it a lot easier to be applied to the face. Not to mention the Thermal Spring Water has calming effects that reduces redness and blemishes, so it pairs perfectly with the Nivea Creme to calm my skin down. I am happy to say that my skin is on the road to recovery, and has been looking a lot better compared to what it was 3 months ago.

Yes, my face might be a little shiny because the creme can be a bit oily after application, but I never wake up and find my face oily. You can argue that I probably wiped all the creme on my pillow, but I don't think so. Remember back when I did a review on Faceshop's sheet masks? If I don't wash the face masks off after each usage, I would always wake up in the morning with tons of oil secretion on my face. But despite how oily the Nivea Creme is after application, my face is almost oil-free when I wake up in the morning, and it feels freaking awesome.

Application:
I always use Avene's Thermal Spring Water with Nivea Creme now, it's just such a perfect pairing. But of course, you can use any other water or toner, as long as it makes the consistency of the creme less dense.

I usually scoop out the creme and put it on my palm, spray some Thermal Spring Water on to my palm or face, and then rub the cream between my hands before gently patting it on to my face.

I guess the only issue I have with the Nivea Creme is the packaging. Yes, the timeless classic blue tin Nivea Creme looks pretty good, but it can get a little unsanitary because I keep dipping my fingers back into it to get the product. But it's not a big problem, I can just get a scoop or something..

Conclusion:
You know what, I think I really like this blue tin canned Nivea Cream. It's just such a basic product, and it can have so many different uses. In times of need, such as when I break out and have flaky and sensitive skin, Nivea Creme totally helped me out and fixed it. I will most likely purchase this product again! However, I imagine this creme would only work well in cold and dry climates, like in Canada and Canadian winters, and not so much in the summer time...So your discretion is advised!

Check out more reviews and photos on my blog :) bombinate-kate.blogspot.ca