NIVEA Creme

NIVEA Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

In Germany, where I live, this cream is popular amongst all ages. Parents use it on their babies, teens and young adults, adults and older people. First the positive from my view: I love the smell of this product. The blue packaging did not change over the years. Yeah, that's it. For the negative part: This cream is mainly made of mineral oil. Furthermore it clogs pores and can lead to some unwanted side effects while using over time. For some people it's a wonderful moisturizer, while others cannot use it since they can get negative side effects like acne. Plus, you need clean fingers or another tool to take the product and apply it on the desired area(s). I know, my review sounds like that this product is devil's work. I wanted to point out why I don't like this moisturizer. I had negative experiences with it. People with dry skin have the best chances that Nivea might work for them but for other skin types, I recommend them to be careful and get a travel size to see if it works. Please don't forget that Nivea isn't cruelty free. I use water/rose water/lavender water and pure, high quality, bio argan oil every morning and evening. My skin is getting better and if I'm patting it into my skin softly, the greasy film disappears and I'm left with glowing, moisturized skin (argan oil does not clog your pores at all - a rating of 0 on the scale of comodogenic).

on 1/30/2019 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great cream for very dry skin. It doesn't have any bells and whistles as far as anti-aging ingredients go, but it works extremely well as a basic intense moisturiser. It is a quite heavy and greasy, so I tend to use it as a night cream when my skin needs that extra moisture. As it is quite thick, the way I use it is I press it all over my face and after a couple of minutes it melts enough to massage into the skin. For the price, I wouldn't be without a jar of this. Just as a caution though, it is perfumed so I would go carefully if you have sensitive skin. However, my skin is the reactive type and I have never had any problems with it.

on 1/26/2019 8:18:00 PM

Didn't expect to like this so much! At first glance, it doesn't seem like anything that would suit my combination, adult acne prone skin... but it's absolutely wonderful as a night cream! It is a very moisturising, thick sealing cream that doesn't aggravate my issues with clogged pores and comedones, while helping counteract the drying effects of some of the things I use like AHA/BHAs and topical retinoids. It's too heavy in general for daytime use, but when I've got dry and flaky areas after being outside in very cold weather, it helps rehydrate and soothe without causing a host of problems with acne or irritating ingredients - since it basically just has a bunch of occlusives in it, along with lanolin. Some people get bad reactions with lanolin, my skin seems alright with it. Also good as a general body moisturiser, and in a pinch, as a lip balm for very dry lips.

The downsides are 1. the fragrance and 2. it comes in a jar. But there's nothing that unstable in it so I can live with that. Dirt cheap so it won't break the bank!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Before I review this, I need to tell you folks to pay attention to the size you're ordering [besides making sure you get the version that's made in Germany]. When I put this in my Amazon cart, I thought it was going to be a wee little tin, probably about the size of a tangerine.

WROOONGG! I got enough Nivea to take care of me, my 2 cats, my husband and our birds! Seriously, this is a huge container for no more than I paid! I was honestly and happily surprised.

Having said that, this is another MUA recommendation. Yeah, it's very perfumed and is heavy for any other time than winter or for someone who doesn't have extremely dry skin. I wouldn't recommend it as a face product to anyone who has oily skin or perfume allergies, that's for sure.

I use this after any chemical peels I do, and on the nights I shave my legs because it moisturizes so well. I haven't seen any pimples or cysts yet, and I've been using this for a couple of months on my face about 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I put it over a serum, or I'll spray my face with rosewater, blot lightly and apply.

Probably won't need to buy this again for awhile but when I do, it'll be a repurchase.

on 12/31/2018 5:37:00 PM

One of my favorite moisturizers and Yes, you can use this on your face. I have very sensitive, dehydrated skin which gets very red in the winter. I love rubbing this into my skin because even though it seems thick and you might be afraid it’s going to clog your pores, this stuff glides on like a dream and really soaks into my skin while leaving a very nice protective layer. Just like the Vaseline trend, you need to try this yourself to determine whether it works for you.

I like to layer an oil under it, let that soak in for a few moments, and then dot this on all over. My chin and cheekbones love this! My favorite thing about it is that it really plumps up my cheeks. When I smile wide I can see all the cracks of dry skin up on my cheekbones and under my eyes- not fun. It’s just from the dry air constantly hitting me. I throw this stuff on and everything just fills in and expands.

I usually buy the small tins from CVS for a 1$ but recently found a huge 8.04 oz container of the German formulation and am really loving it. I can notice a difference in the two: The American formulation is a little thicker whereas this version is a little creamier. The scent also isn’t as strong in it which is amazing- I hate overly fragranced skincare- so I think I’m going to grab this version for a while.

There was a scientific study done in the UK comparing the European version to La Mer. The study took incredibly close photos of the skin after 6 weeks of use and determined that Nivea actually beat out La Mer in use. Now, that was only for the specific test group, but I’ll certainly take it.

Again, try it to believe it. I know so many people who use Nivea on their face now because it just works and its so cheap. For my 8.04 oz tin I paid less than 5.00. Considering how much I spent on Mask Vernix- 210.00!!!!- this is fantastic. It works. It’s cheap. Its just basic.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The thing about Nivea Crème is that there really is a difference depending which country of manufacture it's come from. Personally I much prefer the German version over any other I've tried. Yes it's a heavy-duty fragranced moisturizer which I would not be able to use on my face - ever! But for dry patches on my body such as just above my elbows (due to resting on them whilst sat at my desk for many hours each day) it's perfect. In just 6 days the flakiness subsided and my elbows look normal again. When I forget to use this the problem returns eventually so I have to keep applying. Aside from home I also keep a small tub of this next to my office PC to re-apply throughout the day. For the price it's unbeatable!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Not cruelty free so I simply can not use anymore...my conscience won't let me.... hoping they will go leaping bunny soon🐇🐰

I have the German formulation of this product and I do not get it. This does nothing for me. It feels nice and soft on the skin, but instead of keeping my skin smooth and moisturised, I feel like this dries my skin even further! So I keep having to use more and more, which is something I don't usually have to do with most moisturisers. Great price, great packaging, lousy product.

on 10/22/2018 11:36:00 PM

A classic. I use this as the last step in my evening skincare routine. It’s a great, cheap, simple occlusive to seal in your skincare but is a lot more cosmetically elegant than plain vaseline. I mean yes, it will make your face very shiny but it doesn’t feel sticky or goopy. At night I take a sizable amount from the jar, warm it in my hands, and apply by gently pressing it into my skin. It applies comfortably and evenly when used this way. I have tried using it as a standalone moisturizer but the texture of it is so rich that it doesn’t feel comfortable on bare skin. I’ve also tried using it during the day, but even the smallest amount can make your skin look greasy towards the end of the day. Despite the strong fragrance, this is one of the only moisturizers I’ve used that doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin, and it doesn’t make me break out either. Also great to use as a hand cream before bed in the wintertime.

on 10/7/2018 10:28:00 AM

I don't usually use this cream because it is too oily for my skin but I always use it as SOS, and it new let me down. When my skin is very dry because of a new (bad) product or the cold weather, I apply it at night and in the morning my skin is much better.

Some time ago I had a really bad reaction to a new product I tried, my skin was so sensitive and dry that it felt like an iron mask. It was even hard to speak. None of my usual moisturizers was good enough to put my skin back to normal, my skin would only tolerate this Nivea. I used it for a week and little by little my skin went back to normal and I could return to my regular moisturizer. So I always have a small box at hand of this Nivea.

Popular Lotions / Creams