4.2

$9.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

3 years ago

I finally got my hands on the German version, and it is so much better than the Nivea made in Mexico. My husband brought back from Germany the biggest size they make, and it was only about $4.00 USD. I use it on my face and neck at night and on my body. I've had no break outs with it. I think it's a little too heavy to use as a day moisturizer. I think this very large tin will last a very long time.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

1.0

3 years ago

This cream manages to be both oily and yet doesn't absorb into my skin at all, leaving it dehydrated and dry. It also breaks me out horribly, I keep trying to make it work as it has so many great reviews, but this definitely causes acne on my skin. It is also heavily scented, which I don't really appreciate.

About reviewer (290 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

really good mid to heavy duty moisturiser for the BODY, but don't do what I did and put it on your face just because your grandma said she did that. It's too heavy for your face and break you out in places you never knew existed on your face. otherwise, great product. and the no-frills packaging is great because amongst all the trashy OTT product packaging nowadays it's nice to see just one shade of blue.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3 years ago

Finally bought and tried it. Thanks to your reviews, it's worth my time and money. The best Moisturizer out there :)

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

3 years ago

My holy grail moisturizer. I have dry skin and spend most of my time in air conditioned room. This is the only thing that helps my dry skin. Plus, it smells soooo good, very calming, sometimes I would open just to smell it. I use the creamy German version not the waxy Mexico version. The best way to apply Nivea creme without tugging on your skin is by LIGHTLY tapping the cream until it spreads evenly. while doing it, hold your fingers for a few seconds, the heat will melt the cream and makes it easier to spread. I use this day and night during dry/cold months. It leaves my skin supple and soft and stay moisturized the whole day. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin (I got allergic reaction even from Ave*no). I have mild rosacea/redness on my cheeks and and chin, whenever I apply this the redness is gone and this cream actually make my skin look fairer. And it doesn't clog my pores. During warmer months, I use this as a mask, apply a thick layer, leave it for about 20 minutes or more, and then wipe the excess off with tissue/cotton pad.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I LOVE LOVE L O V E LOVEEEEEEEEEE IT! I have acne, oily/combination skin and this moisturizer helps me a lot! I use it every single night! I repeat, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I slap lots of it on my face. like a lot! and wipe it off with wipes the next morning. I realised that my skin is super soft and somehow whitens up my face lol. Well I guess it does help lightens up the acne scars. I also realise that it does control my acne and all. But I do not recommend wearing it as a moisturizer before applying make up if you have oily skin. cause you'll end up looking more greasy and oily! a big no!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I have been using this creme for a month now and I have noticed a significant difference in the look and feel of my skin. I noticed the change especially on my legs. Because I wear leggings a lot they tend to dry out my legs making them really itchy. When I put this creme on before my leggings I no longer get that powerful itchy sensentation after wearing the leggings for a prolonged period of time.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinNormal, Dark

HairBlack

3 years ago

The German-made Nivea Creme has a creamy, thick consistency that goes on best by patting it onto face. However, if you warm in between your fingers before applying, it smooths in just fine, It doesn't have as much slip due to its lacking the petrolatum that the Mexican-made one has, but for use on the face, I'm glad about that fact. I did a comparison and could definitely see and feel a difference, as the Mexican one gave more of a sheen. Also, the German version has a fresher, prettier scent and no preservatives. I'll be using my Mexican version to soften skin on my feet, elbows, hands and neck. But the German Nivea Creme will be reserved for keeping my face moist and glowing. I haven't found anything better. It's just the right blending of oil, water, waxes, lanolin, glycerine and fragrance to maintain its iconic status as a highly affordable gem of a facial moisturizer.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

Overall: 8.5/10 I use this as a night cream. It is very very thick and difficult to spread on the face, you kind of need to pat it in. It has a strongish smell, I don't recommend it if you are sensitive to scent. It leaves my dry skin feeling smooth. My partner uses it as well. She has very dry skin also and has had good results with this cream. It's super cheap, and the tub is massive. I would repurchase.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

I really love this cream. Firstly, I'm someone who cares a lot about my skin and I have invested before in pricey Korean and French skin care products. When my mother recommended this to me I decided to try it for a bit and I can say now that this will be my moisturizer for life. Firstly, for those who are worried about the thickness of the cream, the trick is to use a really small amount for day time-treat it as a facial oil, just a few drops will do the trick. You can pat it on skin for an easier application. Then wait for ten minutes for it to sink in. I have somewhat oily skin and live in a humid area but I still love it. For nighttime use, I lather it on. When I wake up and wash my face with water, my skin feels sooo smooth. Another thing, this is something you need to be consistent to see the results. It will feel icky at first but after a few weeks I noticed that my skin complexion has really improved by a lot. This was one of my biggest worries and I've wasted so much money on "whitening" and "brightening" products, but this cream is great in removing skin tan etc. My skin overall just feels and looks great. Okay to end with, this is cheap and a little goes a long way. Yes I know it has fragrance and not exactly sophisticated ingredients but for sensitive skin like mine I experienced no allergies. Really, really love it, especially ifyou are a no frills kind of person

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm