4.2

$9.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

TLDR: Tried it, loved it, addicted, we're married now. That's it. So I read the article by the lady comparing Nivea to La Mer. Being significantly more dry post-Accutane and not getting any younger, suffice to say I was interested. With a $1 price tag on a jar just the right size for sampling, I needed no convincing. I didn't get into the whole controversy of Mexican formula vs. German formula. I just bought the one easily available at my local drugstore, which was Mexican. Bueno, make me pretty. The $1 packaging is a lil blue tin that you dip into. If you're weird about the sanitariness of tubs, you can easily use a spatula or some other applicator to dispense the product with. I just dip into it with clean fingertips and dab all over my face and neck, rubbing and patting until it's evenly distributed. It's pretty heavy so save your generous application for the evening and use sparingly during the day. It absorbs fairly well and my skin looks noticeably more plump and healthy after using it for a few days. I've gotten to where I use it on my hands, elbows and knees, and even the ends of my hair if it's looking thirsty. If you find it too heavy, Nivea makes a more lightweight formula called Soft you might like better. I have them both and go back and forth. Even when I use the Soft, I'll often dab a bit of the original formula around my eyes as a makeshift eye cream. Note: I've not had many issues with breakouts from this product but it can clog my pores on my nose especially. Exfoliating twice a week and using astringent semi-regularly prevents this. Bottom line: Frankly this stuff has become a makeup bag staple of mine. I always keep it stocked; I've even got my fella using it. It's certainly worth trying for the price.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

My HG for life! If there was one thing I had to take on a desert island, it would be this. I'm 32 and people often think I'm around 20 (they are so shocked when I tell them my age) and I honestly put it down to wearing this cream. I started wearing this nearly 15 years ago and have worn this everyday since then. I lather it on generously after toning my skin in the morning and at night. If you have really dry skin this is amazing. It's been compared to La Mer moisturising creme which is quite expensive. Some might find this too thick and greasy for them but if you have dry skin, its perfect.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

Very thick and oily. Does not sink well into the skin and needs time to sink. You ve got to "massage" the skin for it to absorb it. But it heals very dry skin and helps you get rid of flakiness. It is very heavy duty moisturizer. I use it only if I need too for specific dry areas. It's a staple, I will buy again.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesOther

2.0
from

3 years ago

Nah, this was just too thick and waxy. I tried warming it up between my palms to help it glide on more easily, but still found it too thick. It leaves a temporary film on your skin for a very long time - that's why I only use it at night. The following morning it would have sunk in and my skin left moisturized, but it did not hydrate my skin any more than other lotions I have tried. Since it won't spread I feel like I'm using a bigger amount than I normally would, i.e. less eonomic. Overall, nothing special about this and found it such a hassle to use.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

Nivea is the only product that will moisturize my face.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinOther, Olive

HairBlack

1.0

3 years ago

The Nivea creme is extremely thick, and has a unpleasant smell. Because of its very thick consistency, its hard to spread out on your skin and apply an even layer. It also leaves a white cast on some spots of your skin. Worst of all, it NEVER really seems to sink into the skin, but just sits on top of it, in the most greasy manner. All in all, a terrible product that I will not re-purchase.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Rich, thick, and a little greasy, this can be difficult to physically put on without rubbing it between your hands first to warm it up. The reviewer who compared it to cold cream cheese was right on the money. Chapped hands and feet don't stand a chance. The fragrance is very strong and annoying, but when the product is this good and this cheap, I can't bring myself to care.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This review is for the German version which I buy at the local German market for about 20 bucks for 400ml. This is the best moisturizer for my dry skin. I use it all over, even my face and it never breaks me out. It is very thick and can be difficult to spread. I warm in my hands before applying to body and gently pat it into my face. It's greasy for a few minutes then sinks in nicely. Great base for my mineral makeup. My son even uses it after his bath, although I need to watch him because he scoops out way more than he needs and at 20 bucks a tin I'm not trying to buy it weekly.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

This cream is great during the winter months!.. it's a soft thick almost paste texture. Goes on thick, takes awhile to massage and absorb but once it does skin is very soft, smooth and moisturized. I use this exclusively for my legs and feet . The scent is overpowering but I can get past it wearing it on my legs/feet but it maybe too strong for those who are scentsitive. I personally love the packaging, the blue tin is very nostalgic for me. The cream I have was manufactured in Germany as I understand there are two types -the other from Mexico which I am unable to get where I live- just for comparison. But overall a great deep moisturizing cream which leaves you satisfied. A staple cream for me.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

Holy grail product! This Blue tin gem is a classic for a reason, it works! I'm Olive skin of mixed background and find many body lotions and butters to be oily and rich on the skin, but not Nivea Creme. It sinks in and never irritates my skin, just soft smooth and with the classic Nivea sent! Love ????????????

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive