NARS Belle De Jour

Mac fresh brew , Nars Belle de Jour ,Revlon Pink

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a very wearable paler nude shade that, being semi-sheer, will not wash out certain skintones that might not be able to work something super opaque like MAC Myth.

This shade is somewhere between a true peach shade and light tan. It has a slightly milky, glossy finish, but because of this it does tend to "gather" in my lip lines. This isn't obvious and the lipstick still looks good, but when I'm spending >$20 on a product, I am picky as all get out, hence the 4 lippies.

This is a nice semi-opaque option for someone wanting to try out nude lipsticks without diving into the deep end. It is subtle and youthful. The staying power is around what you'd expect for a non-matte lipstick, that is to say it is fine, but definitely have it on hand for touch-ups.

on 5/6/2013 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

The thing I like best with this soft, peachy nude is that it has a sheer quality. You know how some nude lipsticks are thick and matte and make you look like you have concealer on your lips? Not so with this one. It's delicate but sexy. I like to wear it with MAC's Stripdown liner. May wash out fair skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Belle de Jour is an easy to wear, slap-on-and-go kind of nude. It's a neutral beige with slight peach undertones and a semi-opaque, glossy finish. I have NC30 Asian skin and pigmented reddish-pink lips, and Belle de Jour lightens my lip color but doesn't cover fully, resulting in a pinkish nude color that's very flattering and can be worn with simple eye looks, not just dramatic eye makeup. The satin formula wears around 2 hours if you don't mess with it, but it definitely requires reapplication after a meal or multiple drinks. It's not particularly moisturizing, but it's not drying either. I haven't been able to find a complete dupe for Belle de Jour--MAC Freckletone is slightly darker and warmer, and Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee is sheerer and greyer compared to Belle de Jour. I wish the wear time was better, but I don't think that would be possible with this type of glossy, semi-opaque formula. Overall, Belle de Jour is a lovely, delicate nude that would suit lots of skintones due to its sheerness and relatively neutral undertones. Definitely worth it if you like a no-fuss, easy nude.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Reference point: NARS Barcelona or MAC NC 30-35.

I have very pigmented lips and it's difficult for me to find a nude that is opaque enough to truly cover the pigmentation. MAC Myth is probably the best nude I found, however it is a rather fickle product to use (you need a light hand, a good lip moisturizer, and a dab of lipgloss to make it wearable).

I also tried NARS Honolulu Honey, and while it is more opaque/pigmented than Belle du Jour - it appears yellowish on me - making my skin look awful and my very white teeth look yellow.

Belle du Jour is less opaque than Honolulu Honey, but it has a slightly more pink or peach undertone to it, which works much better on my skin tone. It is not drying like MAC Myth, and the slight sheen to the finish makes it easily wearable. I wish it was slightly more opaque, but I do love that it is extremely easy to wear. Because of its sheerness, I don't have to worry about over applying and having the dreaded concelear lips. Re-application is really fuss free with Belle du Jour - its really impossible to over apply.

I would re purchase. While Myth or NARS Madere are my go to nudes, Belle du Jour is fantastic for when I want to slightly lighten my natural pigmentation.

on 4/19/2012 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Since, I'm always looking for the best deals, I googled a dupe for this lipstick. Although it was quite hard to find one, I was able to match a lipstick perfectly. I went to my local shopping mall where we have a Sephora. I tried on the NARS Belle De Jour lipstick and ran across the mall to the MAC cosmetics store to compare it to MAC's Freckletone. With NARS Belle De Jour on my lips, I wiped off my bottom lip, leaving Belle De Jour on my top lip. I applied MAC's Freckletone on the bottom lip and it matched perfectly!! It is the same color, I just feel that NARS has more of a hype because Kim Kardashian uses that exact same lipstick. MACs Freckletone is a dupe for NARS Belle De Jour and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a less expensive nude look. (Even though MAC retails at $14 but compared to NARS $24, its a deal.
Also, I would like to add that you can also get this lipstick for free, or any MAC lipstick they carry, after returning 6 empty containers to them.

on 2/17/2012 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The only nude I can wear. I have tried so many nudes and they just don't work for me. They make me look sick/pale and my lips look smaller than they are. It's just not pretty at all on me, but this lipstick, with my NC30 skin, looks absolutely beautiful. It is the only nude lipstick I will ever wear and if you are on the hunt for a semi-sheer peachy beige-y nude then this is it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I finally found the lipstick shade I have been looking for! I wanted a nude lip color & after buying 7 different shades from several different brands I am so happy to have found belle de jour. I really wanted that perfect nude lip without having the concealer lip look happening. This shade is perfect if you're looking for a truely nude shade.It works great with my olive coloring. It's not a beige, white or pink undertone which i kept running into. Love the consistency too!

on 11/6/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am fair-skinned with pink undertones, and this lipstick looks orange on me. If you have my type of skin, consider other lipsticks for a nude lip. If you are dark skinned, you should also consider another lipstick.

That said, I was pleased with the consistency-- all NARS lipsticks have a wonderful consistency. Not too dry, not too wet or oily. The stay-power is about medium to long. No smell or taste.

Would repurchase, just not for myself.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite nude lip! The color is a beige neutral but with a slight lean towards the warm-orange side. It's definitely NOT orange so don't worry, it's just a more golden color than pink. The lipstick applies beautifully, but I must say that I can't wear this on it's own. My favorite lip combo ever is this lipstick paired with Nars Orgasm lip gloss. The mix of the golden tones of the lipstick with the golden pink of the lip gloss is phenomenal! This is much better for lighter to medium skin tones. For darker skin tones, Honolulu Honey would be a similar more suiting option.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not the greatest nude ever. I'm fair skinned and this looks more orange on my lips than nude. I imagine it looking amazing on tan skin, but I don't think this product is for me. I wear this lipstick occasionally when I have nothing else to tone down dark make-up, but I prefer my pigmented lips (even though I dislike them) over this.
Like the packaging, but I noticed they don't give you a whole lot of product itself. Don't think it's worse the price unless you really love this one.