MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This is my favorite nude, the first nude lipstick I fell in love with was the lady gaga viva glam gaga 2 amplified, and I wanted to find something as close to that as possible so this was suggested to me at the store. Personally, I think it's a hell of a lot more peachy than the gaga but it still won me over. And as always Mac lipsticks never fail to disappoint me with their staying power.

I love this lipstick! Faithfully been wearing this everyday for 3 or 4 years. I use ROCKIN ROSE LIPLINER from the drug store and a nude lipgloss on top. Absolutely goergous color!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use to love this lipstick. It's a nice color however, I find fleshpot, peachstock and creme d nude to last longer n are better formulations. Mac is an annoying lipstick it too drying and you need to usea gloss over it or it will bother you. I think this lipstick is over rated. It's a good nude, but not the best. If you find it too expensive especially if you live in UK or Canada...there are 3 dupes of this lipstic 1) natural nyphm by e.l.f mineral line collection 2) bare all by maybellibe 3) 311 rimmel (Kate moss collection) all are below $10

on 6/12/2012 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE THIS!!! When I first tried this on at the MAC counter I was appalled it looked awful but after reading reviews I decided to give it a go and I a SO glad I did. This is a lipstick you will probably not pull off alone. I dab this on my lips not swipe across like a regular lipstick. I wear it with a light pink lip liner and a light pink gloss. It smells so wonderful like all MAC l/s. I especially love to wear it at night with a black dramatic smokey eye look. I will definitely be purchasing this again

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this colour soooo much, im NC35 so i have yellow tones to my skin and am obsessed with finding the perfect nude with a hint of pink and this is my favourite, Its a lovely silky matte lipstick and the colour is intense - i hate those sheer ones! and its pretty cheap, but it should be because the packaging is pretty bland and rubbish. Another downside is that with using it every day it only lasts a month. Ive tried so many nudes though and this id definitely my favourite.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love pairing Myth with baby pink and pale peach lipgloss. It is a vanilla shade with a subtle peachy tone to it. I really can't wear it alone as its just too pale for my skintone but it's fabulous for canceling out my lips natural hue underneath lipgloss.

on 11/17/2011 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my go to lipsticks!! It's actually one of the first lipsticks i bought from MAC. Its a really neutrally-peachy colour. For me though i have pigmented lips so it evens it out to a more very light pinkish colour, that is why i love it! I have to admit though I dont wear this lipstick in the summertime because my skin is darker obviously! But winter is soon approaching so im going to have to stock up on this lipstick ! Some people worry that it might give them that 'dead zombie' look, BUT if you pair it up with a nice colour lipgloss it would look fab :)

on 10/11/2011 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I went to MAC yesterday because I had some B2M's to turn in and since I'm always on the hunt for a nude lipstick I figured I'd give Myth a try. I had also heard rave reviews on Myth from several magazines. TBH, I'm not sure about this lipstick. I'm NC40 skintone and I find that it is very light on my lips. I will agree that if your looking for that "androgenous look" this is perfect. I did swatched this on the back of my hand at the store, and it looked like a very nude beige w/slight pink undertones so I thought this would be perfect. However when I wear it alone I get a concealer look. The color has alot of grey casts to it. I did apply it using MAC's Hodgepodge liner and topped it w/NARS Turrkish Delight and it was pretty. I'm kinda torn b/c on it's own I don't like it. When I add other colors and a liner to it it's good. A good lipstick IMO shouldn't need other adjustments. I also tried dabbing it on vs swiping it on and it was better. With Myth I find that I could easily achieve the same look by using concealer on my lips and adding a liner and gloss to it. As far as it being dry it is. I would recommend exfoliating your lips prior and also use chapstick before applying, because it will accentuate any dry spots/lines. I'm giving Myth 3 lippies b/c I've only tried it once and I feel as though I need to experiment w/different looks before I give up on it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Firstly, I WOULDN'T recommened this product to anyone who is tanned/olive skinned because IT WILL DRAIN THE COLOUR FROM YOUR FACE - because it is so light.

The consistancy and texture is good, but I do find Mac lipsticks overpriced...

However, if you are looking for an ideal nude (very nude) lipstick this will do!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Myth is a great nude lipstick color if you want really really nude lips. I always apply a moisturizing lipbalm before I put on Myth because if I don't it dries out my lips and sinks into the cracks. Otherwise, it's the best nude lip color out there. It's also a great combination with smokey eyes!