MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 10/18/2016 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On it's own it looks horrible on my skintone (cool tone, very pale) but when I put it on top of any lipliner it's amazing!

on 12/26/2015 3:59:00 AM

This stuff is great. Initially thought it clashed with my light skin but a bit of clear gloss on top it looks great and is my new fav!

on 8/25/2015 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really want to love this product as I've read so many positive reviews.. but I don't :(

I bought this as a nude day-to-day colour but on me it looks like I'm a 12 year old girl with concealer lips! I'm not sure if it's my skin tone or I'm wearing it with the wrong liner but I just look AWFUL with this on. I'm an NW25-30 depending on the time of year and I tried it with the Boldly Bare liner.

I'd love someone to advise me on how to wear this shade as I do really want to love it!

on 5/28/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm NC37-NC40 and I love nude lips, on its own this looks awful, but I wear it with Stripdown Liner and then apply C-Thru Lipglass over the top and it's utterly perfect. I wear this everyday. Highly recommend.

on 6/8/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this product because I have naturally very plump rose lips so when I do a dramatic dark eye I like to have a nude lip with it. I find that this lipstick is almost too nude for my skin. I have fair skin and I tried this and it went on okay, I looked a bit sick almost and then it dried my lips. It's very obvious where the line of where the lipstick ends because if I open my mouth there's a big white line where the lipstick is, not cute. When it dries out a bit it looks like you have flakies on the sides of your mouth. Not happy with the lipstick but the color is okay.

When I initially picked up this product, I HATED it. I slicked it on my lips straight out of the tube expecting a nude-peach color with a satiny finish. What I got was full on pale beige that basically made my lips disappear into my face. Not cute. However, I discovered that if I top it with MAC Prrr lipgloss, its perfect. I then realized that I could use Myth to tone down my naturally rosy lips so that my paler, sheerer, pink and peach glosses would show truer to color. Now I actually quite like it, just not on its own.

I love this lipstick!! I'm a big fan of nude lips so picked this up and recently found it in my collection. It's a little bit hard to work with but once put with a slightly darker gloss it looks amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is the only MAC lipstick, that I have EVER tried. I normally buy cheaper makeup, but I fell in love with this colour when I saw it in Sephora last summer. I though it would be perfect for summer, when you have a bit of tan. - Well.. It is.

I have a light skintone and now it looks kinda weird on me, since I don't have that summer tan yet. (the weather in north europe is awful, lol)

The texture is really pigmentet and it applies smooth. That's a +.
But what I hate about this lipstick, is that is begin to creases after like 10. min. or so.. I'm not gonna buy any more MAC lipsticks so far.

I had this one a couple of years ago and I hated it, I badly hated this concealer looking lipstick. I didn't know how to wear it, that was the reason why I gave it away to my mother (who hated it too and threw it away). BUT I wanted a very pale nude lipstick for that perfect sixties look or to pair with a smokey eye. I bought some drugstore nude lipsticks by Rimmel (Kate Moss line, which I love!!!) or Rimmel nude delight, even some mac ones like velvet teddy and jubilee but nothing really was what I was looking for. I bought myth again. First I exfoliate my lips (because my bottom lip is always a bit dry), next I moisturize my lips with rosebud salve, I put on my spice lipliner and last I put on myth. This works well for me, It might not be to everyone's taste but I love it like that. It's extremely sixties bombshell. I love the Brigitte Bardot or the vanessa paradis look.

on 12/12/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been my HG nude lip for a couple years, but I think I've moved on.. A couple years ago it seemed impossible to find a true nude lipstick, but there seems to be lots now from many different brands. My problem with this lipstick is the incredible dryness it causes my lips... It looks great for maybe half an hour but it instantly chaps my lips after that. I have applied many different lip moisturisers before applying, but this lipstick can be extremely fussy - it has a tendency to coagulate and separate. It is also fussy with whatever you put ON TOP of it too! I like this lipstick with a tiny bit of shine, but I have only found one lip gloss that holds it in place without it separating and forming lines and chunks on my lips.

So, bottom line, I used to love this but there are so many better nude lipsticks on the market now! It was fun, Myth :)