MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

3.9

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Perfect!! I had to order this off Macys coz they were all sold-out at the MAC counter, so it was shipped to my house. I've been playing w it today & luv this lipstick. Looks sooo good w dark silver grey & black e/s & black eyeliner. Very mod 60s or even Jersey Shore Snooki type color on me. I was NC15/C10 a while bak but I haven't bought any foundations/powders from MAC in a long time so that may not be accurate, I do have neutral undertones in my skin. I wear rimless glasses & luv how this lipstick puts the focus on my eyes. I would pair this w a lot of bronzer. I have Creme d'Nude but I like Myth better. I bought Myth Lipglass too & they look awesome together!! I tried it without liner, but I think MAC subculture or strip down would be suitable for Myth or also Rimmel Tiramisu. Even WnW 666 if you wanted to make the liner slightly darker than your lipstick. I've always adored nudes & browns even since I first started to wear makeup when I was in 5th grade. (Candy Yum Yum or Russian Red aren't in my repertoire of shades I like lol!!). This shade is kind of that you either love-or-hate-it & I love it!! The packaging is standard MAC, it's a little on the expensive side unless you want to use it on a reg basis but I think I will get a lot of mileage out of Myth, so I'd say it was worth the splurge definitely!! I had bought it sight-unseen, but I am into the whole nude lip, & for makeup inspiration I look to Kim K. & Snooki, so if you think either of those ladies has a nice idea of style, I would run-not-walk to your nearest MAC counter & buy Myth. I think it looks fine on its own, doesn't need any other things on top (or under, unless your lips are dry then vasoline), but I was surprised that I didn't see anybody putting Myth Lipglass over the top to match it. It's really pretty together. [sorry such a long post!!]. This lipstick is awesome!!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love pairing Myth with baby pink and pale peach lipgloss. It is a vanilla shade with a subtle peachy tone to it. I really can't wear it alone as its just too pale for my skintone but it's fabulous for canceling out my lips natural hue underneath lipgloss.

on 6/19/2011 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product, earlier last year, and the first time i applied it, i hated it. I dont think I knew much about how to apply lipstick very well at the time. And because of that, I kept this with my other lipsticks which i dislike. And never used it again.

But today, i re-discovered it, and i dabbed it on my lips, and it doesnt wash me out like before, it just looks so pretty. And when I use the dabbing technique, my lip color still shines through. The reason I gave this 4 stars is because, it is a little hard to wear. But that is normal for a nude lipstick (:

The price is high, for a lipstick, but its ... quite ...reasonable.

Overall, I would buy this lipstick again, because,it covers the un-even color on my lips, and makes it look flawless without even trying, if you know what it mean :)

on 2/27/2011 2:19:00 PM

yellow people------- avoid unless youre applying a sht ton of gloss on top.

pink people-- go for it

on 11/22/2010 8:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Although this lipstick is sooooo pale I use it on top of other Mac lipsticks. Just put a touch on the middle of my lips after using say Kinda Sexy or Hug Me. Then add a bit of gloss. Lovely! But worn on its own defo not!

on 7/9/2010 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

(Does anyone know who the girl in the pic with the dark hair is?? Would love to know what blusher she uses its gorgeous!!!)

I LOVE THIS LIPPY!!!!!!
I can understand why people wouldnt like it as it can maybe look a bit concealerish, but luckily it looks nice and peachy on my lips!
I wear it everyday!! Lasts a decent length of time and helps my eyes stand out more, as my pinky lipgloss made me look clownish with dark eyes! but this is perfect and i will defo be buying again!!!!!
I can understand why its mac's best selling make up!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

(Who woulda thought i could get excited over a lippy lol)

on 11/18/2009 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is my first lipstick ever.I naturally have quite red lips and I dont like that,so myht was my first choice.So,its not waterly at all,better way to put it on is to tab it on.Some say that it washes the face out,I would not say that,I am really pleased with the result.It covers very well and stays on for a long time,its really matte,not smooth.The price is not the cheapest,but tolerable.Your own lips must be smooth to wear this because it shows so well all cracks.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have worn this lipstick almost every day for the past 5 months, I'm absolutely in love! It's a satin and the perfect nude lipstick, it's not too dark, and it is not shiny or glossy. Definately get your hands on this! It's my favorite lipstick. Way better then putting foundation or comcealpr on your lips.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to mac lipstick when i have a dramatic eye. Its the perfect nude for my skin tone and the texture is perfect. I love pairing it with c-thru lipglass.

on 4/17/2009 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

perfect nude lip color. im nc 35 and this looks amazing. i am blessed with naturally moist and smooth lips (i dont even drink water lol) so i dont have to worry about cracked lips look or anything but DEFINITELY if you have this problem. you have to prime!

this color is super pigmented and really looks refreshing with a tan!