MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

This is quite a hard lipstick to work with. I do like it the colours on its own but it does make me look a bit washed out. My favourite way to wear it is with Spice lip liner, Myth and then Ample Pink on top. It looks nice with dark purple glosses on top, as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Everyone has their own story when it comes to Myth; it is one of those cult classic MAC products that everyone has at least tried on at some point, and whereas some of their lipsticks tend to appeal to a wide audience (e.g. Velvet Teddy), Myth is an acquired taste that people either love or love to hate.

When applied to the lips, sans liner and with full force opacity, Myth doesn't look so hot on me. Hence the four lippies. It is a PALE pinky vanilla peach; it doesn't look super pink or super peachy, it is a fifty/fifty split. I would say on me it is more pale peach, but I've seen it in pictures looking totally pink, so it's a chameleon shade.

The best thing about Myth is that, when applied with liner and a slightly lighter hand than normal, it can be worked into a really fierce and somewhat bold nude lip look. I save it for times I'm working a slightly retro 60's vibe, with cat eye liquid liner and the whole nine yards.

When I'm not doing a dramatic makeup look, I don't find myself reaching as much for this because it is the kind of lipstick that requires a bolder eye look as an accompaniment- otherwise you might just look like you got some foundation on your lips when putting on your face makeup. To look great, it kind of necessitates a smoky eye or at least some dark eyeliner. I think the reason this doesn't work for everyone is that a lipstick this pale needs a dark eye look to balance it out, and not everyone wants to be shackled to a full eye makeup look in order to wear a lipstick. Totally understandable.

I find this shade to not be drying and to be fairly long-lasting. It can easily be deepened with a liner or gloss over it, if it's just way too light on its own for you.

To Read all 605 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/18/2016 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On it's own it looks horrible on my skintone (cool tone, very pale) but when I put it on top of any lipliner it's amazing!

on 8/27/2016 7:03:00 AM

This is a good nude for those who are looking for a full coverage heavy nude. Great for people like me who like wearing the whole full coverage foundation, eye shadows, highlight, contour, etc.

You have to work at this a little and make sure your lips are well hydrated, or else this will look like you have smeared soft ochre paint pot all over your lips. Don't be afraid to blend this a little.

My only gripe is the smell. Ugh its that artificial generic lipstick smell that I really hate, and when you put it on you can smell it.

Nevertheless its a nice full cover nude colour.

The only reason why I'm saying I wouldn't buy this again is because MAC continues to be a company that is not animal cruelty free. Doesn't sit well with me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This color rocks! I just finished my makeup (medium-heavy eye makeup included) and didn't want to look overdone. I'm a girl who wants and needs lipstick, or anything else on the lips to feel complete. Some say I wear heavy lip colors (not every day, but I do when I want to). I thought about "Myth" and a review which said that it's wearable to a heavy eye makeup. So I tried this for the first time. Holy crap, it does wonders! Face looks polished, Myth gives my eye makeup a run! So whenever you feel you want to wear a standout eye makeup without looking too heavy, give this lipstick a try and look to that awesome look in your mirror.

on 5/31/2016 10:33:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I'm nc15 and is a great nude for my skintone. No concealer-lips. I pair it with MAC Oak lipliner and it's perfect! It's a bit drying, but nothing a balm underneath can't fix! It is one you should try in the store, I ordered it online and was a bit scared, but I was lucky!

on 5/1/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Myth is a staple in your nude lipstick collection. Perfect lipstick to have to lighten any lipstick. You can also pair it with a darker lip liner then top it with a gloss for a great nude lip and smoky eyes combo. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This is my favorite nude, the first nude lipstick I fell in love with was the lady gaga viva glam gaga 2 amplified, and I wanted to find something as close to that as possible so this was suggested to me at the store. Personally, I think it's a hell of a lot more peachy than the gaga but it still won me over. And as always Mac lipsticks never fail to disappoint me with their staying power.

on 12/26/2015 3:59:00 AM

This stuff is great. Initially thought it clashed with my light skin but a bit of clear gloss on top it looks great and is my new fav!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing! The only lipstick I ever use and I'm obsessed with the Kylie Jenner look and I use this to recreate the look. I paid it with the Spice liner from Mac cause if you don't it'll look like pale concealer so first your the lip balm primer from Mac Then line it with spice then fill it in with myth using a lip brush then touch is off by placing a tissue on top and dusting translucent powder lightly to make the colour stay ( make up artist trick) lastly use the spice liner to touch up on the edges and Cupid's bow. Enjoy

Popular Lipsticks