MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

4.2

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Gotta put a brown lip liner then myth then blend its pretty otherwise its not an appealing color it looks a mess without liner.

Perfect!! I had to order this off Macys coz they were all sold-out at the MAC counter, so it was shipped to my house. I've been playing w it today & luv this lipstick. Looks sooo good w dark silver grey & black e/s & black eyeliner. Very mod 60s or even Jersey Shore Snooki type color on me. I was NC15/C10 a while bak but I haven't bought any foundations/powders from MAC in a long time so that may not be accurate, I do have neutral undertones in my skin. I wear rimless glasses & luv how this lipstick puts the focus on my eyes. I would pair this w a lot of bronzer. I have Creme d'Nude but I like Myth better. I bought Myth Lipglass too & they look awesome together!! I tried it without liner, but I think MAC subculture or strip down would be suitable for Myth or also Rimmel Tiramisu. Even WnW 666 if you wanted to make the liner slightly darker than your lipstick. I've always adored nudes & browns even since I first started to wear makeup when I was in 5th grade. (Candy Yum Yum or Russian Red aren't in my repertoire of shades I like lol!!). This shade is kind of that you either love-or-hate-it & I love it!! The packaging is standard MAC, it's a little on the expensive side unless you want to use it on a reg basis but I think I will get a lot of mileage out of Myth, so I'd say it was worth the splurge definitely!! I had bought it sight-unseen, but I am into the whole nude lip, & for makeup inspiration I look to Kim K. & Snooki, so if you think either of those ladies has a nice idea of style, I would run-not-walk to your nearest MAC counter & buy Myth. I think it looks fine on its own, doesn't need any other things on top (or under, unless your lips are dry then vasoline), but I was surprised that I didn't see anybody putting Myth Lipglass over the top to match it. It's really pretty together. [sorry such a long post!!]. This lipstick is awesome!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I wear Bobbi Brown skin products in Golden for reference* Against my skintone without liner or any type of gloss I do look quite a mess with it on but after I use MAC's lip erase in "dim" followed by Myth, lip liner in "cork" and a touch of "pink lemonade" I have the perfect nude lip without it looking too super pale or too pink. I love,love this shade and it works with all my countless smokey eye looks.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my favorite nude lipstick next to Nyx's Circe's!!! I am on the darker skinned side (nc45 for reference) and when I pair this w/Cork lip liner, I'm in heaven with the outcome! I've read other reviews and it seems--so far--no one of my complexion has yet to try this product. Guess it looks too scary. But believe me, if you just just pair it with the right liner or gloss, its an HG......even for women of color!!!

Myth needs to be used sparingly....dotted onto the lips and not smeared as it is sooo concentrated - that said, it is a fab base for other colours and lasts hours and hours. I think of all MAC likpsticks, this one will go into the Hall of Fame and stay there. I have found a new favourite ( Clarins nude) but Myth is my staple base. I have fair skin and blond hair/blue eyes and this works on me but I doubt that it would for darker skintones.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

With my coloring (NC20) and possiby age, I looked positively DEAD. I would have scared anyone who came in contact with me. After many tries with different liner combinations and glosses, I literally broke off the lipstick and tossed it in the garbage so that I can B2M this tube. Creme d'nude had the same result. High Tea, Blankety and Hug Me are much better suited options for me and offer just enough color to still be considered a nude lip, but not freakishly concealing a major facial feature.

on 11/3/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received this in a swap and while I was waiting for it, I checked the reviews and looked at swatches.
I thought, I'll never gonna let this one work for me cause I think it's way too pale, it washes me out completely but I was soo wrong... This is thè nude lipstick for me! I love it! It's not drying and it's not a corps look on me, like Fleshpot was. Great with smoky eyes!! For references, I'm a NW20.

on 9/1/2010 9:38:00 PM

I went to the MAC counter specifically to buy this because of the buzz on utube. However, the SA attempted to direct me away from purchasing it. Too bad I didn't listen. I've been on a search for a perfect nude all year. And this wasn't a fit for me. Its only saving grace is using it as a base for brightly colored gloss. And, sometimes I have used it to touch up the edges of my lips where my concealor has worn off.

on 8/30/2010 9:11:00 PM

A moisturizing lip balm is a must when wearing this product! Alone, Myth is definately drying and a bit unappealing due to the concealer-like appearance it will give you when worn alone. I find that Laura Mercier's Stickgloss in brown sugar transforms this lipstick into something very pretty and wearable by most anyone! I tones the milkyness down just every sooo slightly so that you don't look wierd lol and makes the feel of Myth more like a luster. LM Stickgloss is described as part lip balm, part colour, part glace and it is sheer. The combination is quite nice:-)

on 5/14/2010 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

As many have said, this is great when you're wearing a smokey eye. But since it's a tad bit too light for my skin tone, I line it with the Chestnut lip liner pencil then blend. The lipstick can be a bit drying so I put a tiny dab of LipGlass on top.