MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Everyone has their own story when it comes to Myth; it is one of those cult classic MAC products that everyone has at least tried on at some point, and whereas some of their lipsticks tend to appeal to a wide audience (e.g. Velvet Teddy), Myth is an acquired taste that people either love or love to hate.

When applied to the lips, sans liner and with full force opacity, Myth doesn't look so hot on me. Hence the four lippies. It is a PALE pinky vanilla peach; it doesn't look super pink or super peachy, it is a fifty/fifty split. I would say on me it is more pale peach, but I've seen it in pictures looking totally pink, so it's a chameleon shade.

The best thing about Myth is that, when applied with liner and a slightly lighter hand than normal, it can be worked into a really fierce and somewhat bold nude lip look. I save it for times I'm working a slightly retro 60's vibe, with cat eye liquid liner and the whole nine yards.

When I'm not doing a dramatic makeup look, I don't find myself reaching as much for this because it is the kind of lipstick that requires a bolder eye look as an accompaniment- otherwise you might just look like you got some foundation on your lips when putting on your face makeup. To look great, it kind of necessitates a smoky eye or at least some dark eyeliner. I think the reason this doesn't work for everyone is that a lipstick this pale needs a dark eye look to balance it out, and not everyone wants to be shackled to a full eye makeup look in order to wear a lipstick. Totally understandable.

I find this shade to not be drying and to be fairly long-lasting. It can easily be deepened with a liner or gloss over it, if it's just way too light on its own for you.

on 12/26/2015 3:59:00 AM

This stuff is great. Initially thought it clashed with my light skin but a bit of clear gloss on top it looks great and is my new fav!

on 3/25/2015 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a must have lipstick for me. It's my second tube and when I run out of it I'm definitely gonna get another one.
I'm a medium skin tone but wearing my fake tan most of the time. When I was thinking of buying I was affraid that the color was going to be too light for me and yes it is very light so I'd never wear this lipstick without a lipliner. I like to pair it with oak or whirl lipliner by mac.
The funny thing is that most of the time I just mix it with another lipsticks to achieve the color that I like, very rarely as a lipstick itself. It became a part of my makeup routine and when I'm all done I always grab it in the end and apply it in the middle of my lips to add some more definition and make them appear fuller. I love full big lips and myth definitely serves this purpose.
Myth is very versatile and I like to play with the colors to get the exact look I want, mute down darker lipsticks or contour my lips like I already mentioned. The finish is satin which is perfect for this too.
I'm convinced this piece should be a part of everyone's makeup collection and I find it one of the most essential items of my makeup bag.
Too bad Mac is so expensive here in Europe, for the lipstick it's usually 20 euros which is approx. 22 dollars.
Anyways I love this lippie and there's no wonder why it's become one of the bestselling ones by Mac.

on 3/4/2014 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Nothing compares to this color. My lips are dry so it disappears quickly but the color is outstanding. It smells so good too.

on 5/18/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE THIS LIPSTICK, but I never wear it alone I love mixing it with other shades. Warms up lipsticks that are too cool for my skin tone. NC40/42

on 4/22/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My first nude lipstick ever! i never really do nude lips because on my skin tone, most nude lipsticks look too opaque and unnatural. However, this one looks pretty decent especially if i layer a clear gloss over it. Not too matte either which is good. however, it can be a bit drying so applying clear gloss will look good. and also, nude lips always look better with gloss in my opinion.
(my skin tone NC40-42)

on 4/2/2013 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Tried Myth today. Not as white as Fleshpot but it still made me look dead. Dead and gone. At last I realize that sheer nudes work best for me so my lips look subtle but not washed out.
I hope it works better for others but if you like this look why not just use a concealer stick that can be more multitasking?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this lipstick! Nc42. I must always use a liner with it though

I had this one a couple of years ago and I hated it, I badly hated this concealer looking lipstick. I didn't know how to wear it, that was the reason why I gave it away to my mother (who hated it too and threw it away). BUT I wanted a very pale nude lipstick for that perfect sixties look or to pair with a smokey eye. I bought some drugstore nude lipsticks by Rimmel (Kate Moss line, which I love!!!) or Rimmel nude delight, even some mac ones like velvet teddy and jubilee but nothing really was what I was looking for. I bought myth again. First I exfoliate my lips (because my bottom lip is always a bit dry), next I moisturize my lips with rosebud salve, I put on my spice lipliner and last I put on myth. This works well for me, It might not be to everyone's taste but I love it like that. It's extremely sixties bombshell. I love the Brigitte Bardot or the vanessa paradis look.

on 3/8/2013 4:48:00 PM

I use to love Revlon soft nude it is the perfect nude and also very moist, but I lost it and haven't been able to find it again so I went to my favorite store for lipstick MAC and tried this on and loved it. It is a bit drying but when paired with a lip moisturizer or chap stick it looks great and feels great. . Snob will still be my go to lipstick but this can come close.