MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing! The only lipstick I ever use and I'm obsessed with the Kylie Jenner look and I use this to recreate the look. I paid it with the Spice liner from Mac cause if you don't it'll look like pale concealer so first your the lip balm primer from Mac Then line it with spice then fill it in with myth using a lip brush then touch is off by placing a tissue on top and dusting translucent powder lightly to make the colour stay ( make up artist trick) lastly use the spice liner to touch up on the edges and Cupid's bow. Enjoy

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was in desperate need for a nude lipstick and after a little searching online, this one was highly recommended and it's a great product. Perfect for when you need some sort of lip coverage but don't want a colour. Looks best when you have heavy eye make-up or some sort of colour in your overall look.

Pros:
- great colour
- easy to apply
- long lasting

Cons:
-none

Overall:
- there's honestly not much to say about this product, just a great nude lipstick if you need one. 100% would recommend to buy.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Other

I was worried about using this lipstick at first as so many people said that It's way too pale and just looks like you've put concealer all over your lips, but personaly I love it! it's one of my favourite lipsticks that I own, you can also use it with a lip liner, I sometimes use it alone or with my MAC half red lip liner which I think was from a limited edition collection, this lipstick is great, as said before with some lipsticks they can make your lips a little dry, so I either use a carmex lip balm or my cocoabutter balm before I put on any kind of lipgloss or lipstick :))

on 12/26/2014 10:51:00 AM

I love, love, LOVE this lipstick. I like to have that "washed out" look, but my skin is fair-medium (leaning more on the fair side) and it's the perfect nude for me. It's not very drying either. A bit expensive though...

I like this. I bought it first off because I saw a beauty guru use it and it looked stunning, I knew that it wouldn't suit me before I bought it (online so I couldn't even try it out) but I just wanted it in my collection anyway (not quite sure why, same as how I am obsessed with Saint Germain but know it will look absolutely awful on my NC30 skin). When I got it I was pretty hesitant to try it out, especially as the swatch on the back of my hand was pretty white-brown. However, I've figured it out. I first apply my eos lip balm to moisturise then follow up with my babylips in pink punch. Then apply Myth and another application of pink punch. Oh this looks beautiful!!! My HG lip colour. So wearable, perfect pinky nude. Would look gorgeous on every skintone.

When I initially picked up this product, I HATED it. I slicked it on my lips straight out of the tube expecting a nude-peach color with a satiny finish. What I got was full on pale beige that basically made my lips disappear into my face. Not cute. However, I discovered that if I top it with MAC Prrr lipgloss, its perfect. I then realized that I could use Myth to tone down my naturally rosy lips so that my paler, sheerer, pink and peach glosses would show truer to color. Now I actually quite like it, just not on its own.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

First mac lipstick ever and second repurchase. I love this for parties, or even everyday wear sheeted out with some vaso underneath. Over priced but well worth it. Looks good on my pale yellow skin with some pink lipgloss over the top.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is the only MAC lipstick, that I have EVER tried. I normally buy cheaper makeup, but I fell in love with this colour when I saw it in Sephora last summer. I though it would be perfect for summer, when you have a bit of tan. - Well.. It is.

I have a light skintone and now it looks kinda weird on me, since I don't have that summer tan yet. (the weather in north europe is awful, lol)

The texture is really pigmentet and it applies smooth. That's a +.
But what I hate about this lipstick, is that is begin to creases after like 10. min. or so.. I'm not gonna buy any more MAC lipsticks so far.

on 8/5/2012 7:26:00 PM

There are several ways to wear this lipstick.

- Straight up. Only for the pale girls though. I have very pale skin with neutral, slightly yellow undertones (117 in MUFE HD, NARS Gobi) and very pigmented lips, so finding a good nude is often a nightmare. I was after a '60s matte nude that wouldn't wash me out. Nothing was pigmented enough, or had too many orange/gray/yellow undertones. This has peachy undertones. It is very light though, on anyone darker than me it would give what I like to call jizz-lip when worn straight up. I apply it by making sure my lips are very well moisturized, then applying it straight from the tube to the center of my bottom lip. Then I use my finger to spread it around. It gives the light, but not washed out, nude I was looking for. It covers my pigmented lips. My favorite way to wear it is with NARS Sex Appeal blush & lots of mascara on both my top and bottom lashes, it gives an updated 60's look.

- Mixed with another color. Everyone can use it this way. Put on a bit of Myth, then add another color for a darker nude. This can be used to create any kind of nude color you want, very versatile. I have used this to make more of a pinky nude for days when I don't want it to look so mod.

- For those of us with pigmented lips, it's a good way to utilize a gloss that doesn't otherwise show up. Or if the undertones in your lips make a color that you really love in the tube look weird, this will cancel out your lip undertones.

It is drying. Make sure your lips are very smooth and moisturized when you use this and you should be fine. Also, if you have my coloring and want a shiny nude too, go for NARS Chelsea Girls.

on 7/30/2012 9:01:00 PM

I bought this lipstick because I wanted a nude that was my exact skin color (not sure why though)...and that's what I got with this. But I realized that when I swipe it across my lips, it actually made me look kind of tired and washed out. So instead of swiping it, I tried dabbing it, and I think it looks pretty good that way. I think as long as I don't build it up too much, this lipstick can work for me. I don't think I'm going to repurchase this though, cause I find that the REALLY nude lip isn't a look I go for a whole lot. I think I'm going to try "Hue" next time I'm on the hunt for a nude lipstick, it may be a bit more flattering than Myth. :)