MAC Cosmetics Stone Lip Pencil

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Cosmetics Stone Lip Pencil
Stone Lip Pencil

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got this today because I always see Nic from pixiwoo use it and I'm a big fan of a muted lip, especially for fall/winter. I like it but it's a unique color and not for everyone. My mom hates it! But for some reason that makes me like it even more. It's slightly drying but not too bad. I enjoy it when it's used lightly. :)

on 10/29/2010 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am so glad I have my own stone lip penci now, no more jealous moments. Now I am good to go for every party! Absolutely the best among lip penci products.

on 10/29/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is something I would never, ever purchase on my own if it wasn't recommended by my most trusted YT makeup gurus. I'm not into browns at all when it comes to lip colors, let alone cool, ashy, darkish taupe-browns like this one. Well I use it for a very specific purpose: I line my lips with it over absolutely anything. Nudes, pales, pinks, reds, plums, you name it - this suits every look. What I do is line/fill in my lips with my shade of choice (wether that be a neutral, a pink, a burgundy etc) and then lightly go over the previous outline with this. Due to its cool tones and complete lack of red, this somehow adds volume to the lips without that tacky overlined effect. I find I can alter my lip shape dramatically with this; when I use it on its own, I like to line my lips and then blend it out towards the center of the mouth with my fingers or a q-tip, just because it shows up a little dark otherwise. But again, after you've completed the look, i.e. added your pink or your nude or whatever, it really looks like your natural lip stops where you've lined it with Stone, and not a milimeter sooner. Forget about shiny glosses and concealer-like lipsticks - this is what will make your lips look fuller. Will repurchase.

on 11/22/2009 4:51:00 PM

i love it, its a unusual color for me but i like it anyway.
its a grey brown with very little red in it, i actually also use it to fill in my brows (espresso eyeshadow is way to red for me).

when used as a lipliner i fill in almost my whole lips and leave just the middle bare. then i put lipstick over it, it looks somehow very voluptous on me this way, even if stone is a flat color.

i also use it on its own, i line my lips VEEERY slightly and blend it very well so that it looks natural :)
i think everyone should test it once or experiment with it, its a versatile color that can also be used for other things.

on 9/1/2009 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't like at all MAC lip liners I think they have very dry formula and it's quite difficult to blend them.This one the stone lip liner has one more disadvantage,it's the ugliest color I've ever seen.Has a strange taupe grey color and I don't want my lips to be grey.On the other hand I found a way to use this and believe it or not it's the best think I V ever found to fill in my brows.For me works very good that way,so good that I think I ll buy it again

on 9/21/2004 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My new favorite MAC l/l. It goes with hyper and orchid strate, two of my favorite shades. I wear this shade when I'm wearing dull colors b/c otherwise it looks kind of scary. It's a grayish brownish, god knows what shade, and I love it. If I want a glossy finish I use spite lipglass.

on 2/10/2003 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think Stone is a nice liner. It's a medium to dark taupe-brown color. I don't think it's for everyone, though, and rated it a little lower just for that reason.