MAC Cosmetics Stone Lip Pencil

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Stone Lip Pencil
Stone Lip Pencil

4.8

Yasss to rebuy I bought this today I’m officially obsessed I ordered another 1 already.I have Stone lipstick on order but I’m obsessed w this l/l. I can’t wait to get the lipstick. I was rec’d this by a Facebook group (just Glam it) for the perf Griege lip (asked for MAC or DS rec’ds) I’m obsessed w this on its own or w “O” lipstick. I love the cool grey ness of it. Greyish taupy Brown I love colors like this my deck of scarlet 06 palette has this color like it so that’s what sparked my interest in griege turns out I don’t look like the undead it is my kinda color. I love browns of all kinds in makeup I’m NC20/25 yellow toned 100% Caucasian but I’m officially obsessed tbh I would’ve loved to walk home w the lipstick but my counter was “out!” it’s NOT DC just “popular!!” (I went to MAC today w the intent of buying stone lipstick to go w my stone l/l!). #superawesome #winning #obsessedwgriege #mynewfavecolor #YES !!

on 7/5/2010 9:32:00 PM

Ladies, this liner is simply gorgeous, but you need to know how to apply it. As it's name suggests, it's a greyish mauve, on the darker side. But if you have an olive or darker complexion, it's perfect (most liners don't show up on my skin color). I've been using this baby for years and years and I ALWAYS get compliments. For best results, make sure you use a very sharpened pencil so you create a "finer" line, and go easy with the application -- too much pressure and you will look clownish. For a great runway look, pair it with a nude or neutral gloss or stick, and add a touch of highlight in the middle to give the illusion of a very full angelina pout. I actually only use it on my top lip, you can experiment with that.. I don't think they sell it anymore in stores, but you can get it from mac.com.

on 7/16/2006 8:54:00 PM

MAC Stone l/l. This is the perfect cool toned grey'd brown to wear with either very cool toned beige-nude, cool brown-nude, muted cool toned pink-nude, muted mauve-nude, muted lavendar nudes, or any other very muted (or grey'd) toned lipcolors. I love it, applied very lighthandedly, under MAC Bare Venus. Very lightly! I don't know why some insist on giving this l/l a bad rating just because the color didn't look good on them...alone....under a clear gloss. ? I thought the whole purpose of lipliner, was to line the lips. Yes, some l/l might be of a color suitable to fill in for a lipstick, but maybe not this one. I don't think that makes it a bad color. It serves it's purpose. And it's also a great color for those of us with VERY pigmented lips, who like a lip pencil that is muted enough to tone down the redness, before we apply a sheer nude shade. Stone is much like the discontinued MAC l/s: Folio. That too was a very hard color to wear "as is", thickly layered on. But if one used it very sheerly, over very naturally red lips, it did magic! It prep'd the pigmented lip for a nude lipstick, which otherwise would have just turned out too pink without it. If you wear a lot of cool toned nudes, and/or you have very pigmented lips (which bother you, as they do me), you will like Stone l/l. Stone is amongst my very favorite MAC beige-brown l/l (Stone: cool/ashy nude brown; Oak (muted neutral beige brown); Stripdown (slightwarm peach/pink'd nude beige brown); and Spice (the ultimate warm/cinnamon beige brown nude).

on 8/29/2003 1:41:00 AM

This is my favorite lipliner of all time to date. I do use Stripdown more often, but I like the look of Stone much more. The look is more... hmmm, mutedly mysterious? That sounds cheesy. Anyways, the color is a medium-dark greyish taupey brown. Doesn't sound that great, but on skintones like mine (very yellow), it can be extremely flattering. Oftentimes I'll go over other liners with Stone to neutralize warmth--liners that are too warm in hue tend to eventually look orange on me, and Stone is great for correcting this. I can actually wear this liner with almost any lipcolor. This is a much better alternative to what I used to use on my lips about 8 years ago--grey eye liner pencil!

I love Stone when I'm going for a more taupe/neutral JLo look. It's very nice with C-Thru lipglass, too bad lipglasses are too tacky and dry my lips out! I would definitely recommend this l/l to everyone!

on 2/7/2003 5:47:00 PM

This is a nice solid, well the name fits, stone colour. It's a tonal liner on my lips and I love to use it to bring colours *down* a bit. It's a bit too dreary for my husband's taste but I wear it for myself. I'm a high-colour PPP with grey-green eyes and my hair colour depends on my mood. I don't know if very many w/ my complexion can wear this but I like it. The reason I chose I wouldn't buy it again is because this pencil, unless it's lost or stolen, is going to last a long time. 8^) continued >>

The best lipliner ever made! Stone is the perfect match for my lips. It is great to use alone...I apply it thick, then rub it off, so you get just alittle definition. It is a mavey/taupey shade that can be dark or light, all depends on how you want it. Beautiful, I take it everywhere- rave rave rave

This used to be my staple nighttime lipliner. A bit on the darker side but compliments nicely with my nude/biege/light pink shades to make them wearable at night.

I usually overlook colours like this - a greyish brown - and I have very pale skin - however, the MA recommended I try it with chai lip glass, and it's a perfect combination. So far that's all I wear it with, but its a great liner, doesn't bleed, and emphasises the subtle colour of the chai very well (a pinkish beige).