MAC Stone Lip Pencil

Stone Lip Pencil

4.2

on 4/21/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Just thought that this was the most hyped lip pencil there is and worth the 25€ price on eBay. The reason why I bought this on eBay was because they never sell this in finland. And the lipstick happens to be sold out for a year now continously as soon as they restock. Upon desperation I tried this and I can honestly swear that I'll just go back to my clarins nude mocha lip liner if i want a dark brown base or a grey black lip pencil if i want a touch of greige. Wasn't useless but wasn't worth the 8e extra compared to what I can pay at a local Mac store for any other lop pencil such as antique velvet. Wouldn't repurchase since its pretty close to my natural lip color anyways.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My gosh, I am IN LOVE with this lip liner !

I recently found out about its existence with the launch of Stone lipstick, and I am impressed at how wearable it is. Sometimes i combine it with other MAC lip liners or lipsticks but I love it on its own too.

I am NC25, with blue black hair and it looks brownish grey on me. Very unique and not very easy to find a dupe.

I fill my lips with it and i rarely match it with the lipstick, mostly because the pencil is way more long lasting than the lipstick.

I do not find it very drying but then again, I am used to matte lips so I am not the best to talk about its dryness.

I don't love the price but I love how the pencil is long enough so you will get many uses out of it.

What i also dont love about it is it's unavailability. It is most of the times sold out every where and you will probably have a hard time finding it, but if your local MAC store has it, GO GET IT. I am already trying to get a hold of a second one but everywhere I go, i get told that it is there is a shortage WORLDWIDE. Can you imagine that? Grey lips are SO in fashion right now.

on 12/18/2014 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Soooo Stone lip liner had me perplexed. I'm an NW45 for reference and couldn't fathom how I could wear a greyish colored lip liner. MAC described this liner as muted greyish taupe brown...hmmm I said to myself. Pics of WOC wearing this on instagram made me decide to take the plunge. Now as far as wearing nudes I tend to stick to Cork or Chestnut as they help tone down a to bright nude lip. I scuttled down to the MAC counter and said screw it I'll give it a go. Well well well it seems that Stone compliments my more greyish looking nude lipsticks, specifically Fresh Brew. Goes on flawless and blends into my lips easily. I noticed Stone didn't interfere with my lip color like the heavy brown of Chestnut. It gave my lips a nice smooth look and I didn't look like a zombie. My look is line with Stone, Fresh Brew for lipstick and Spite as your lip glass. Viola

I LOVE THIS LINER!!! 💋 After I initially bought it I went back and bought three more just incase they discontinue it. I wear it with myth, viva glam II, snob, twig, faux, brave, blankety, velvet teddy or any lip colour that I want to make more 'grey'. This is definitely a love it or hate it liner. It comes up quite grey or sometimes mauve. It is on the drying side so lip prep required. My favourite way to wear it is with viva glam II, myth in the middle of my lips and sugarrimmed on top of that! I'm dying to try it with Melt Cosmetics Space Cake for a truly grey look.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got this today because I always see Nic from pixiwoo use it and I'm a big fan of a muted lip, especially for fall/winter. I like it but it's a unique color and not for everyone. My mom hates it! But for some reason that makes me like it even more. It's slightly drying but not too bad. I enjoy it when it's used lightly. :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This color is awesome! I originally saw it on a MUA's page on instagram and I fell in love! I took a trip to my local MAC counter and the associate told me it was discontinued. One of my besties got me $50 MAC giftcard so I started shopping online, and there it was. Stone was available! I wasted no time making my purchase! I finally went to a MAC store (not a counter) and I learned that STONE IS NOT DISCONTINUED ladies! The people at counters dont know what they are talking about! LOL! The MAC store had about 50 of them in stock! But anyways, this color is so unique. On my brown skin, its give me a gray color that I've never seen an any lip product. I like to wear it alone cause the color is so bold, but it does sometimes make my lips a little dry, so I pair it with MACs 'Half n Half' nude lipstick for a very bold nude lip color that I love. If your looking for something different that all your friends aren't wearing, TRY THIS! People stop me all the time when I'm wearing it.

on 8/29/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A PERFECT liner for those hoping to create a grungy, muted lip for Fall. Or like, any time ever. A smooth, light wear that refuses to feather. I do a sugar scrub on the pout before lining & filling then apply Blankety, Creme D'Nude or any other sheer nude lipstick to better set this. Long wearing and a must have.

on 11/24/2013 5:50:00 PM

Great lip liner especially when I mix it with another lip liner so it doesn't come off as being too dark since I am more on the fair side. This lip liner goes on really smooth with great pigmentation and is easily able to go with a ton of different types of neutral lipsticks. Definitely one of my favorite lip liners.

on 11/8/2012 12:36:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this lip liner. I always have 3 going at once and I do not ever leave the house without putting it on. In fact, more often than not, I use it on its own, a do not apply it too heavily as it gives the illusion that I am not wearing anything. I use it to fill in my top lip, and then I rub my lips together and that's about it. I'll throw on some chapstick on top but that's about it. I am a tanned skin color so this color works really great for me! Definitely a must-have....
I forgot to mention, I think that it is still available in Canada as I have bought it very recently. Perhaps try ordering it from here?? Good luck!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG lipliner. I was heartbroken when I heard it was gone. It's discontinued in the US, but I made my hubby grab me a few when he was in London. When I run out of my stash, I'll go to NYX 1,000 Years. It is an excellent dupe.

Popular Lip Liners