MAC Cosmetics Stone Lip Pencil

Filtered by age: 30-35
MAC Cosmetics Stone Lip Pencil
Stone Lip Pencil

on 12/1/2011 4:46:00 PM

This lip liner is not for everyone! But it is perfect for me, maybe it's perfect for you too. I am really fair and have really pigmented pink lips. Finding lip liners (and lipsticks for that matter) is always a huge chore for me because most liners will turn orange-y or coral on me so I wind up having this weird lipline that is too warm for the lipstick I'm wearing (this has been the case with Subculture, Stripdown, Hodgepodge, Oak, Whirl..). I realized I have to be on the lookout for something that has zero traces of yellow in it. And after a long search, this is it. It's grey. Seriously. Just grey. Seems very corpse-ish, but it's perfect if you are like me and find yourself lightening all your lipcolors with greys or taupes and needing everything very muted to get the right overall look. This is really perfect with a taupe-y nude and I even wear it with peachy nudes like Creme de Nude and it just works on me. This is also great with Viva Glam II. Works with pinks too, it has been a lifesaver for me. I have already repurchased-I use it with everything!

on 10/29/2010 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am so glad I have my own stone lip penci now, no more jealous moments. Now I am good to go for every party! Absolutely the best among lip penci products.

on 8/7/2006 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with Pamm too. she described this shade perfectly.
I love this with x-pose,fresh brew, and other cool tones nudes. It is a great in between liner for me when I want lighter than plum but cooler than stripdown or spice. I love it with Spite lipglass as well.
Finding something like this outside of MAC would be hard to do.

When I first tried this a while ago it wasn't quite right, no idea why but it was too dark. After giving it another go it's much better and is pretty near to being perfect neutral for me. As other people have said, go easy with it and you get a taupey result which (for my complexion) is a near perfect neutral.

I have very dark brown/black hair, pale skin and blue eyes so I can come over a bit goth if I'm too heavy handed with ANY make-up, but this lip liner with a slightly pinker lip gloss over the top is finally achieveing for me what I've wanted for ages.
I think when some people go for neautral they're going for their natural lip colour and for others they want a more muted/taupe shade as their neutral.
The word 'neutral' is always treated as a universal term when in fact it's as personal as any other choice of make-up.

on 11/17/2005 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very unique color, and I wear it under l/s colors that are otherwise too light on my pale lips. I've found, though, that if the l/s I wear doesn't have enough red in it, the liner makes me look a bit like a corpse -- def. can't wear this l/l alone. Il'l keep it, but it might be forever before I use it up. Not an everyday color for me - I'm very pale w/dark hair.

on 5/4/2005 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lovin' this liner. It's a great YLBB shade if applied LIGHTLY. I'd chose this over Spice or Whirl anyday.

on 10/1/2003 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased Stone after receiving a make-over at the Mac Store. It looked great when the MA used it. I can only make it work with Nymphette, otherwise, it makes me look totally washed out. I'll keep it, but I don't reach for it much and won't even consider buying it again.

on 2/18/2003 7:22:00 PM

Overall a brown with some gray, but works well on my pale skin. I usually wear this with MAC's explicit lipglass which is in the same color family. I also have used it with some brown lipsticks to take out the "bronzy-ness" of them. MAC pencils last forever and are quite soft on my lips.

Popular Lip Liners