Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

3.9

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

JFC. This stuff has the capability to plug any leak in a 4 inch ABS waste line, guaranteed.
I felt zero moisture.
Its genius lies in its ability to turn even the most normal skin into a pimple factory that could rival the face of the MUA snitch who keeps reporting posts to the mods, LOLOL.
It has the texture of infectious snot and the smell of untreated halitosis.
Based on what it did to me, I'd say this is insultingly overpriced.

on 7/16/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my all time favourite cream/moisturizer. Words are not enough to describe how wonderful this is. I see instant results with this. It makes my skin so nice and plump, smooth, soft, evens out my skintone, hydrated, and provides anti-aging benefits. I am in love. This is on par with my L'Occitane Divine Cream which i love too and see the same results with that. I have already repurchased. A little goes a long way. in the summer time it is a tad bit heavy so i use it only at night and durnig the day i make do with just a serum or only sunscreen and tinted moisturizer/Future Skin foundation. When i don't use this even for a day or two, I can see the difference in my skin texture. Its literally 'food and vitamins' for my skin. My HG cream alongside L'Occitane Divine Cream.

For reference, I'm normal/combination skin.

This was one of my few mistakes with Bobbi Brown products - what a pointless balm! I was looking for a thick cream and fell into the brand trap, taking home this mediocre moisturizer for a fortune. It has a lot of fragrance, spreads unevenly and feels plastic. On top of it all, it doesn't make my skin feel nor look better. I should have saved my $$ and bought Avene's Cicalfate (which I later did and love).

Love:
-its very thick- which I love because acne treatments tend to dry me out
-feels so good when you put it on
-I love this stuff =D

Not So Much:
-its probably too thick for most people, especially in the summer. would not recommend to oily skin types

on 2/5/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very dry skin. Accidentally let them talk me inot the 25SPF version which is not as moisterizing. Love the smell though some people seem to have problem with it. I have terrible eczema and allergies (I sneeze in the shower...) and have used this with great results. Not expensive as a little goes a long way. There is some stuff out there that is far mor expensive and not as good.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Incredible, silicone and shea butter rich balm that is incredible for dry skin. Smells fantastic and is true luxury for your skin.

on 10/31/2009 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only reason I'm not giving this 5 lipsticks is because it has the most bizarre texture I've ever come across. No matter what I do to 'warm' the product on my fingers the application is not smooth, it's like putting a tacky glue on your face. I have been trying different ways to apply because once it's on my face the things it does to my skin overnight is worth the aggravation.

I have tried patting it on in places waiting for it to soak up a little and that worked ok. I found if I put a little Cetaphil cream on my face first it went on smoothly. And I found the results to be even better the next morning.

I am extremely, insanely dry, even in the summer and I'm in Chicago so it's not a desert climate! I have to say this product is the most expensive skincare/makeup product I have ever purchased but it really is worth it for me. I hate the extra work it takes to apply but the results are worth it.

on 1/23/2009 11:44:00 AM

LOVE THIS! This is the only thing that has saved my skin this winter from dryness. I use it over my regular moisturizer, and it works wonders. Like another reviewer said, you need to take a little and work it between your fingers before you press it into the skin. If you try to rub, it has too much drag. It's very rich but absorbs nicely, so I'll definitely be re-purchasing but it'll be a while before I run out!

Like other reviewers have already pointed out, this seems to dry a shade darker so you might want to lighten it up. I am Beige in BB foundation and L2M in the tinted moisturizer but Light in this product.

Love this. Bobbi Brown's Extra Moisturizing Balm changed my skin completely. My skin borders on dry to extra dry and the balm can be used to cover my entire face before makeup or just patted onto dry areas after makeup. This moisturizer is truly very very dense, so the secret is to warm it up in your fingertips and press it to the skin. Don't try to rub it, because it will pull. It's a great base for makeup and plumps up my skin for a healthy glow!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry, rosacea-prone skin and was really excited to try this. I love Bobbi's Eye Balm and Balm Rinse cleanser so had high hopes for this moisturizer. However, despite the fact that I'm very dry, it was REALLY heavy. I emulsified and everything before putting it on but it just felt really really heavy on my face (actually the same way La Mer felt on my skin - yuck.) The SA at the BB counter told me that the SPF 25 version of this balm is much lighter because it's water based due to the sunscreen. She gave me a sample of it and I like it much much better. I will be exchanging my regular one for the SPF 25!