Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

3.3

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product. It moisturizes my skin and leaves it feeling healthier. It is slightly thick but I apply the intensive skin supplement first which makes the balm spread nicely.I'm really not sure what else the expensive serum is actually good for though. As much as I do like this product, I believe another product can work just as well as this does for less than $96. This product was gift. I won't be repurchasing, though if some one wants to buy it for me again I'll be happy to use it. ; )

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

JFC. This stuff has the capability to plug any leak in a 4 inch ABS waste line, guaranteed.
I felt zero moisture.
Its genius lies in its ability to turn even the most normal skin into a pimple factory that could rival the face of the MUA snitch who keeps reporting posts to the mods, LOLOL.
It has the texture of infectious snot and the smell of untreated halitosis.
Based on what it did to me, I'd say this is insultingly overpriced.

Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm is the diamond cult classic product from Bobbi Brown's skin care line. Apparently if Bobbi could only have one product, this would be it. Extra Repair line was created by Bobbi herself for herself as she has dry skin and realized it needed something extra. The result was a full Extra repair line. If you know Bobbi she is a very big fan of layering skin care, of layering moisturizer.

This technique only works ofcourse if you have dry to severely dry skin or winter skin and need something "Extra".
What you would is is after cleansing and toning, Extra Balm Rinse-Lathering tube soap-buffing grains for face-hydrating face tonic-intensive skin supplement-hydrating eye cream, you would apply your face cream of choice then this over the top. Or simply use the balm by itself. It is a dewy, rich, balm that really stays put, along with Petrolatum, Lanolin, Shea butter and other plant oils it contains a nice array of skin care ingredient and is packaged in a beautiful glass jar which is cumbersome 50ml though looks gorgeous on the vanity.

I just can't understand how an Estee lauder owned brand can have skin care that is more expensive than their parent company, even more expensive than CLINIQUE. If you look closely, many of MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique skin care is similar to estee lauder skin care. Though Bobbi Brown has a preponderance to jar packaging. Not very sanitary. If you want to use this, close the lid very quickly and only use a q tip to take out product not your fingers. Having said that the packaging is gorgeous, I just wish it wasnt so ridiculously expensive. It really is a scam, clinique skin care and estee lauder skin care is cheaper than this, might as well use Daywear spf 15 then apply the stick foundation. Also this product is a bit too fragrant for my liking, remember fragrance whether natural or not, has the possibility of stimulating irritation which cascades and eventually hurts skin. This product is laden with essential oils and while it does have a clean, botanic, citrus scent, it may be doing harm via the fragrance. I look at it as more of an expensive treat solely due to packaging. Sigh........

This was one of my few mistakes with Bobbi Brown products - what a pointless balm! I was looking for a thick cream and fell into the brand trap, taking home this mediocre moisturizer for a fortune. It has a lot of fragrance, spreads unevenly and feels plastic. On top of it all, it doesn't make my skin feel nor look better. I should have saved my $$ and bought Avene's Cicalfate (which I later did and love).

I dont really like this stuff. I have combination skin and although i want a good moisturizer to use at night, I dont want to wake up with blackheads the next day and that is exactly what this product does to my skin. I also hate how difficult it is to spread this balm over my face as it is soooo thick. I feel like I'm causing damage to my skin having to pull on it so hard while trying to distribute the product on my face. My mom tried it and hated it. Its rediculous how over priced it is. Bobbi brown must think she's created a miracle product judging by how high she priced this thing. Overrated BIG time!!

on 4/4/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great night moisturiser for my dehydrated skin. I wake up to a nicely moisturised face without any oiliness. I use a toner & serum(s) prior and that makes it easier to smoothen it over the face.

When my skin has been dehydrated and blotchy this felt great and soothing on my skin. Love the scent, kind of like geraniums. I found that I had to mix some oil with this though, as the texture is quite thick and gluey by itself. Also since using PTR's mega rich cream. I have realized that this is just not enough for my skin. For this price, I want anti aging benefits, not just nice moisturization.

Love:
-its very thick- which I love because acne treatments tend to dry me out
-feels so good when you put it on
-I love this stuff =D

Not So Much:
-its probably too thick for most people, especially in the summer. would not recommend to oily skin types

on 2/5/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very dry skin. Accidentally let them talk me inot the 25SPF version which is not as moisterizing. Love the smell though some people seem to have problem with it. I have terrible eczema and allergies (I sneeze in the shower...) and have used this with great results. Not expensive as a little goes a long way. There is some stuff out there that is far mor expensive and not as good.

I was really excited to buy this balm. I was not disappointed but use it slightly differently than I thought I would. I use "save me" by philosophy at night which gives your face a tacky dry feeling. This does not go well over that. It is too hard to spread it. I use shiseido bio-performance over that and it counteracts the terrible dryness. Anyway, I use this over the Shiseido emulsion with spf during the day. I put just a bit over dry areas and it adds a bit extra moisture and plump. I would not say that its a necessity with my particular skin but its nice to have. If I didn't have to use retinol at night to keep breakouts at bay, I would use this over a light moisturizer to help it blend.