Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

3.5

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product. It moisturizes my skin and leaves it feeling healthier. It is slightly thick but I apply the intensive skin supplement first which makes the balm spread nicely.I'm really not sure what else the expensive serum is actually good for though. As much as I do like this product, I believe another product can work just as well as this does for less than $96. This product was gift. I won't be repurchasing, though if some one wants to buy it for me again I'll be happy to use it. ; )

on 3/14/2016 3:04:00 PM

I have a jar of the SPF25 version. I've had it a long time, and I enjoy it, but I will probably not be repurchasing it due to the price, and I like a better smelling higher SPF cream better. But I got a generous sample of this to try. First, I note the consistency is stiffer, which might be due to the fact that it's brand new, but maybe not. So it is more difficult to rub in. Also, the fragrance is a lot stronger and a little bit different. It smells more lavender and less citrusy.

This was one of my few mistakes with Bobbi Brown products - what a pointless balm! I was looking for a thick cream and fell into the brand trap, taking home this mediocre moisturizer for a fortune. It has a lot of fragrance, spreads unevenly and feels plastic. On top of it all, it doesn't make my skin feel nor look better. I should have saved my $$ and bought Avene's Cicalfate (which I later did and love).

I dont really like this stuff. I have combination skin and although i want a good moisturizer to use at night, I dont want to wake up with blackheads the next day and that is exactly what this product does to my skin. I also hate how difficult it is to spread this balm over my face as it is soooo thick. I feel like I'm causing damage to my skin having to pull on it so hard while trying to distribute the product on my face. My mom tried it and hated it. Its rediculous how over priced it is. Bobbi brown must think she's created a miracle product judging by how high she priced this thing. Overrated BIG time!!

When my skin has been dehydrated and blotchy this felt great and soothing on my skin. Love the scent, kind of like geraniums. I found that I had to mix some oil with this though, as the texture is quite thick and gluey by itself. Also since using PTR's mega rich cream. I have realized that this is just not enough for my skin. For this price, I want anti aging benefits, not just nice moisturization.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This Balm did not wow me, but it's not a bad product, in my opinion Vichy's Mineral Balm is by far better more effective, paraben and fragrance free, plus many beneficial minerals.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Incredible, silicone and shea butter rich balm that is incredible for dry skin. Smells fantastic and is true luxury for your skin.

on 10/9/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this cream so much! I warm it between my fingers and pat it on. I am 45 and was told the other day I looked 35. That hasn't happened in a very long time for me! Lotsa moisture! As I said, make sure and warm it and pat it.

on 1/23/2009 11:44:00 AM

LOVE THIS! This is the only thing that has saved my skin this winter from dryness. I use it over my regular moisturizer, and it works wonders. Like another reviewer said, you need to take a little and work it between your fingers before you press it into the skin. If you try to rub, it has too much drag. It's very rich but absorbs nicely, so I'll definitely be re-purchasing but it'll be a while before I run out!

Like other reviewers have already pointed out, this seems to dry a shade darker so you might want to lighten it up. I am Beige in BB foundation and L2M in the tinted moisturizer but Light in this product.

Love this. Bobbi Brown's Extra Moisturizing Balm changed my skin completely. My skin borders on dry to extra dry and the balm can be used to cover my entire face before makeup or just patted onto dry areas after makeup. This moisturizer is truly very very dense, so the secret is to warm it up in your fingertips and press it to the skin. Don't try to rub it, because it will pull. It's a great base for makeup and plumps up my skin for a healthy glow!!