Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

4.3

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm is the diamond cult classic product from Bobbi Brown's skin care line. Apparently if Bobbi could only have one product, this would be it. Extra Repair line was created by Bobbi herself for herself as she has dry skin and realized it needed something extra. The result was a full Extra repair line. If you know Bobbi she is a very big fan of layering skin care, of layering moisturizer.

This technique only works ofcourse if you have dry to severely dry skin or winter skin and need something "Extra".
What you would is is after cleansing and toning, Extra Balm Rinse-Lathering tube soap-buffing grains for face-hydrating face tonic-intensive skin supplement-hydrating eye cream, you would apply your face cream of choice then this over the top. Or simply use the balm by itself. It is a dewy, rich, balm that really stays put, along with Petrolatum, Lanolin, Shea butter and other plant oils it contains a nice array of skin care ingredient and is packaged in a beautiful glass jar which is cumbersome 50ml though looks gorgeous on the vanity.

I just can't understand how an Estee lauder owned brand can have skin care that is more expensive than their parent company, even more expensive than CLINIQUE. If you look closely, many of MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique skin care is similar to estee lauder skin care. Though Bobbi Brown has a preponderance to jar packaging. Not very sanitary. If you want to use this, close the lid very quickly and only use a q tip to take out product not your fingers. Having said that the packaging is gorgeous, I just wish it wasnt so ridiculously expensive. It really is a scam, clinique skin care and estee lauder skin care is cheaper than this, might as well use Daywear spf 15 then apply the stick foundation. Also this product is a bit too fragrant for my liking, remember fragrance whether natural or not, has the possibility of stimulating irritation which cascades and eventually hurts skin. This product is laden with essential oils and while it does have a clean, botanic, citrus scent, it may be doing harm via the fragrance. I look at it as more of an expensive treat solely due to packaging. Sigh........

on 7/16/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my all time favourite cream/moisturizer. Words are not enough to describe how wonderful this is. I see instant results with this. It makes my skin so nice and plump, smooth, soft, evens out my skintone, hydrated, and provides anti-aging benefits. I am in love. This is on par with my L'Occitane Divine Cream which i love too and see the same results with that. I have already repurchased. A little goes a long way. in the summer time it is a tad bit heavy so i use it only at night and durnig the day i make do with just a serum or only sunscreen and tinted moisturizer/Future Skin foundation. When i don't use this even for a day or two, I can see the difference in my skin texture. Its literally 'food and vitamins' for my skin. My HG cream alongside L'Occitane Divine Cream.

For reference, I'm normal/combination skin.

on 4/4/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great night moisturiser for my dehydrated skin. I wake up to a nicely moisturised face without any oiliness. I use a toner & serum(s) prior and that makes it easier to smoothen it over the face.

on 11/28/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I would give this a perfect score if it wasn't for the ultra gooey consistency which makes it impossible to spread. Yes, yes I know it's meant to be patted on, but I like having the option of spreading my moisturizers on. This product definitely has no slip to it, so you have to warm up the tiniest amount and press/tap it into the skin. It will immediately improve any flakiness or irritation caused by windburn and extreme dryness. I would caution those who are breakout prone to sample before splurging on the full size jar. I tend to get clogged pores easily in my t-zone area, but since using this cream I've made sure to thoroughly cleanse my skin morning and night and also up my Clarisonic usage. So far so good! This is really a skin savior for the winter months.

I was really excited to buy this balm. I was not disappointed but use it slightly differently than I thought I would. I use "save me" by philosophy at night which gives your face a tacky dry feeling. This does not go well over that. It is too hard to spread it. I use shiseido bio-performance over that and it counteracts the terrible dryness. Anyway, I use this over the Shiseido emulsion with spf during the day. I put just a bit over dry areas and it adds a bit extra moisture and plump. I would not say that its a necessity with my particular skin but its nice to have. If I didn't have to use retinol at night to keep breakouts at bay, I would use this over a light moisturizer to help it blend.

I bought this like others when I was getting the end of my tether with the dry skin on my cheeks. It made my foundation go awful and just magnified the problem. So after sampling it at the BB counter I decided to invest (it's not what I'd call cheap) Now the smell of this product might not be to everyone's liking and it does have rather an odd consistancy (not like any other moisturizer I've used before) but it deffinately delivers results. I was advised to use it daily when my skin is being particularly problematic, and then as little as once a week when it was at it's best so it lasts a surprisingly long time. Will be buying this again!