Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

3.6

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

JFC. This stuff has the capability to plug any leak in a 4 inch ABS waste line, guaranteed.
I felt zero moisture.
Its genius lies in its ability to turn even the most normal skin into a pimple factory that could rival the face of the MUA snitch who keeps reporting posts to the mods, LOLOL.
It has the texture of infectious snot and the smell of untreated halitosis.
Based on what it did to me, I'd say this is insultingly overpriced.

I have been using this at night for a week now. It is making my skin much more plump and soft when I wake up. It doesn't spread well and is quite thick and sticky when you first put it on (so i wouldn't put in on right before bed). However after 30 or so minutes the stickiness goes away. The packaging is probably not that hygienic although it's very beautiful. Even though its a bit difficult to put on I am really happy with the results so far.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I don't know why, when I tried the lovely and amazing Extra Repair serum, I didn't just go ahead and try this along with it. Instead I had to be stubborn and literally waste thousands of dollars trying to find the right moisturizer (right now I'm only using it at night...trying to not be wasteful and use some of my others for day). Ill start by telling my skin type. I'm 35, but showing MUCH more aging than a typical 35yr old. Smoking and sun damage all thru my 20's made time march across my face with big boots on. I finally stopped smoking and tanning, but my once totally normal skin has been left dehydrated, combination (oily nose), and dry in spots. I have fine lines out the wazoo...and recently have become VERY frustrated with my dehydration issues making them appear much worse. Enter BB's Extra Repair Serum. From the first use, my skin felt relieved, soft, hydrated, and healthy, it has become a staple in my skincare routine. A few weeks ago, I was about to run out of creme de la mer...and it hit me! Duh! Try the Cream that goes with the extra repair serum!! I was lucky enough to be able to obtain a large sample, and I began using it right away. When I woke the next morning, my face felt soft and hydrated for the first morning in ages! In just a weeks use along with the serum, my skin in improving drastically and beginning to balance out like when I was younger. My fine lines appear less visible because I'm not dried up like a prune anymore! I heard horror stories about the texture and how hard it is to spread....but folks....it's not intended to "spread" at all! This is a balm that must be warmed between the fingers and then patted onto the face....when done this way, it applies in seconds with no pulling or tugging whatsoever! I've found that a little goes a very long way, and if compared to other moisturizers in its category, it's really not that pricey...MUCH cheaper than creme de la mer, and I'm getting 20x better results with the BB balm! It does take a few minutes to entirely absorb, but I've found that it also makes a superb moisturizer for under makeup as well. I will be making this my day cream as well. This particular balm does not have SPF, which is ok w me because I get SPF in my primer and foundation...I have found that the SPF version of this balm is actually a bit different in consistency, but it's still amazing as well...I choose this non-sunscreen version because it actually seems a bit richer than its sister product, and for me, it hydrates a bit better. I never thought I'd get relief from my dehydration from a cream or moisturizer, as serums are usually the best bet for actual dehydration (there is a big difference in dehydration and dryness), but this cream worked wonders and is now a mainstay in my skincare regimen! Love it!! The packaging is bulky and heavy...and the jar (as always) is a bit unsanitary. When traveling, I have found that buying a stash if BB's empty travel jars has proves very useful with products like this this one..something to think about! Happy skin caring everyone!
***EDIT****after much use, I am sad to say that although this moisturizer is wonderfully hydrating, it is definitely making me look older! I don't know how...but even though my face feels soft and supple, my fine lines are much more noticeable when I use it. As an experiment, I switched to one I had laying around, and sure enough, within a day of not using this product, my fine lines and wrinkles started to look less prominent. I am ever so sad! This is not my miracle after all :(. I won't be repurchasing and can't say Id recommend it to anyone who is showing signs of aging.

on 3/13/2010 11:35:00 PM

Yeah, I totally agree with the reviewers who found the texture odd/sticky, and it takes a bit of time/finesse to pat it in (as opposed to simply slapping on your typical cream or lotion moisturizer. And the price...geez...

But it works! I have dry skin, made even flakier by using Tazorac. This really does away with the flakes. I like to use it over a serum (currently Olay Regenerist, but I switch around), as it helps hold in more moisture.

Since you only need a little bit, the jar should last for a good while.

on 1/28/2010 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One word - WOW. I purchased this at a BB counter after switching to winter products for my dry, combo, flaky skin. To be honest if I had realised it costed 55 before it was through the till I would not have bought it but I'm so glad I did !!! From first application my skin loved it - my flakys were gone in the morning and my redness reduced. After a week I have found my bumps (from irritation not spots) have reduced significantly and I am very excited to see what my skin will look like with continued use. I have found I can only use this at night as it does make my make up slide but this is great as will mean the jar will last twice as long !!! I slather it on and wake up more beautiful than the day before ! What more could you ask !!

on 1/16/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the Extra Moisturizing Balm (without SPF).
I wanted something without SPF chemicals, so gave this a try.
Excellent for dry and mature skin. The texture is extremely thick and
tacky and you just put a little bit on with a patting action. The mild
rosemary scent goes away quickly. Within a minute or so, cream
seems to spread out and soften on your skin. Makes a good eye
cream, night cream, by itself in daytime as a treatment on no-makeup
days, or for extra moisture under a daytime moisturizer.
I currently use Clinique's DDML moisturizer over it, and then BB's
Luminous Foundation (has no SPF) - impressive moist luminous
results! Pricey but worth it. 2 thumbs up.

on 10/31/2009 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only reason I'm not giving this 5 lipsticks is because it has the most bizarre texture I've ever come across. No matter what I do to 'warm' the product on my fingers the application is not smooth, it's like putting a tacky glue on your face. I have been trying different ways to apply because once it's on my face the things it does to my skin overnight is worth the aggravation.

I have tried patting it on in places waiting for it to soak up a little and that worked ok. I found if I put a little Cetaphil cream on my face first it went on smoothly. And I found the results to be even better the next morning.

I am extremely, insanely dry, even in the summer and I'm in Chicago so it's not a desert climate! I have to say this product is the most expensive skincare/makeup product I have ever purchased but it really is worth it for me. I hate the extra work it takes to apply but the results are worth it.

on 2/18/2005 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For the price- it is not that great compared to Chanel and it leaves you so greasy and it is difficult to apply and not all that hydrating