Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Filtered by age: 44-55
Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

4.1

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product. It moisturizes my skin and leaves it feeling healthier. It is slightly thick but I apply the intensive skin supplement first which makes the balm spread nicely.I'm really not sure what else the expensive serum is actually good for though. As much as I do like this product, I believe another product can work just as well as this does for less than $96. This product was gift. I won't be repurchasing, though if some one wants to buy it for me again I'll be happy to use it. ; )

on 3/14/2016 3:04:00 PM

I have a jar of the SPF25 version. I've had it a long time, and I enjoy it, but I will probably not be repurchasing it due to the price, and I like a better smelling higher SPF cream better. But I got a generous sample of this to try. First, I note the consistency is stiffer, which might be due to the fact that it's brand new, but maybe not. So it is more difficult to rub in. Also, the fragrance is a lot stronger and a little bit different. It smells more lavender and less citrusy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

JFC. This stuff has the capability to plug any leak in a 4 inch ABS waste line, guaranteed.
I felt zero moisture.
Its genius lies in its ability to turn even the most normal skin into a pimple factory that could rival the face of the MUA snitch who keeps reporting posts to the mods, LOLOL.
It has the texture of infectious snot and the smell of untreated halitosis.
Based on what it did to me, I'd say this is insultingly overpriced.

on 4/4/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great night moisturiser for my dehydrated skin. I wake up to a nicely moisturised face without any oiliness. I use a toner & serum(s) prior and that makes it easier to smoothen it over the face.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very good product for dry skin. Makeup applies well over it.

on 2/5/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very dry skin. Accidentally let them talk me inot the 25SPF version which is not as moisterizing. Love the smell though some people seem to have problem with it. I have terrible eczema and allergies (I sneeze in the shower...) and have used this with great results. Not expensive as a little goes a long way. There is some stuff out there that is far mor expensive and not as good.

on 10/9/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this cream so much! I warm it between my fingers and pat it on. I am 45 and was told the other day I looked 35. That hasn't happened in a very long time for me! Lotsa moisture! As I said, make sure and warm it and pat it.

on 3/13/2010 11:35:00 PM

Yeah, I totally agree with the reviewers who found the texture odd/sticky, and it takes a bit of time/finesse to pat it in (as opposed to simply slapping on your typical cream or lotion moisturizer. And the price...geez...

But it works! I have dry skin, made even flakier by using Tazorac. This really does away with the flakes. I like to use it over a serum (currently Olay Regenerist, but I switch around), as it helps hold in more moisture.

Since you only need a little bit, the jar should last for a good while.

on 10/31/2009 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only reason I'm not giving this 5 lipsticks is because it has the most bizarre texture I've ever come across. No matter what I do to 'warm' the product on my fingers the application is not smooth, it's like putting a tacky glue on your face. I have been trying different ways to apply because once it's on my face the things it does to my skin overnight is worth the aggravation.

I have tried patting it on in places waiting for it to soak up a little and that worked ok. I found if I put a little Cetaphil cream on my face first it went on smoothly. And I found the results to be even better the next morning.

I am extremely, insanely dry, even in the summer and I'm in Chicago so it's not a desert climate! I have to say this product is the most expensive skincare/makeup product I have ever purchased but it really is worth it for me. I hate the extra work it takes to apply but the results are worth it.

on 1/9/2005 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Extra Moisturizing Balm, is part of Bobbi Brown's newest line called Extra. It's for women with very dry skin, that need extra care. I actually purchased her sample sized extra pack and have been simply impressed with everything in this line.
The Extra Moisturizing Balm, is a very thick norishiung cream for the face. It's a perfect night cream, made with essential oils and vitamens.I wake up with totally moisturized, nourished skin. The smell is delightful too. It is very thick, and you need some patience to apply to your face.
It may be to thick for day time use. I found it hard to apply makeup over it. So I only wear it on the days I choose not to wear makeup.
This will be a staple of mine!