Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Filtered by age: 36-43
Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

3.3

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm is the diamond cult classic product from Bobbi Brown's skin care line. Apparently if Bobbi could only have one product, this would be it. Extra Repair line was created by Bobbi herself for herself as she has dry skin and realized it needed something extra. The result was a full Extra repair line. If you know Bobbi she is a very big fan of layering skin care, of layering moisturizer.

This technique only works ofcourse if you have dry to severely dry skin or winter skin and need something "Extra".
What you would is is after cleansing and toning, Extra Balm Rinse-Lathering tube soap-buffing grains for face-hydrating face tonic-intensive skin supplement-hydrating eye cream, you would apply your face cream of choice then this over the top. Or simply use the balm by itself. It is a dewy, rich, balm that really stays put, along with Petrolatum, Lanolin, Shea butter and other plant oils it contains a nice array of skin care ingredient and is packaged in a beautiful glass jar which is cumbersome 50ml though looks gorgeous on the vanity.

I just can't understand how an Estee lauder owned brand can have skin care that is more expensive than their parent company, even more expensive than CLINIQUE. If you look closely, many of MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique skin care is similar to estee lauder skin care. Though Bobbi Brown has a preponderance to jar packaging. Not very sanitary. If you want to use this, close the lid very quickly and only use a q tip to take out product not your fingers. Having said that the packaging is gorgeous, I just wish it wasnt so ridiculously expensive. It really is a scam, clinique skin care and estee lauder skin care is cheaper than this, might as well use Daywear spf 15 then apply the stick foundation. Also this product is a bit too fragrant for my liking, remember fragrance whether natural or not, has the possibility of stimulating irritation which cascades and eventually hurts skin. This product is laden with essential oils and while it does have a clean, botanic, citrus scent, it may be doing harm via the fragrance. I look at it as more of an expensive treat solely due to packaging. Sigh........

This was one of my few mistakes with Bobbi Brown products - what a pointless balm! I was looking for a thick cream and fell into the brand trap, taking home this mediocre moisturizer for a fortune. It has a lot of fragrance, spreads unevenly and feels plastic. On top of it all, it doesn't make my skin feel nor look better. I should have saved my $$ and bought Avene's Cicalfate (which I later did and love).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Another great product for dry skin. I use this on top of my aesop oil at before bedtime, and it makes my skin hydrated enough to face the next day. It's thick, and the smell isn't great, but it works wonders!

When my skin has been dehydrated and blotchy this felt great and soothing on my skin. Love the scent, kind of like geraniums. I found that I had to mix some oil with this though, as the texture is quite thick and gluey by itself. Also since using PTR's mega rich cream. I have realized that this is just not enough for my skin. For this price, I want anti aging benefits, not just nice moisturization.

on 1/23/2009 11:44:00 AM

LOVE THIS! This is the only thing that has saved my skin this winter from dryness. I use it over my regular moisturizer, and it works wonders. Like another reviewer said, you need to take a little and work it between your fingers before you press it into the skin. If you try to rub, it has too much drag. It's very rich but absorbs nicely, so I'll definitely be re-purchasing but it'll be a while before I run out!

Like other reviewers have already pointed out, this seems to dry a shade darker so you might want to lighten it up. I am Beige in BB foundation and L2M in the tinted moisturizer but Light in this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry, rosacea-prone skin and was really excited to try this. I love Bobbi's Eye Balm and Balm Rinse cleanser so had high hopes for this moisturizer. However, despite the fact that I'm very dry, it was REALLY heavy. I emulsified and everything before putting it on but it just felt really really heavy on my face (actually the same way La Mer felt on my skin - yuck.) The SA at the BB counter told me that the SPF 25 version of this balm is much lighter because it's water based due to the sunscreen. She gave me a sample of it and I like it much much better. I will be exchanging my regular one for the SPF 25!