Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Filtered by age: 30-35
Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

3.4

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/26/2016 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the thickest balm I have ever used, but works great on very dry winter skin. I find I need to take a small amount, add 2 drops of argan oil, and warm in my palm in order to easily pat and rub into my face. I will use this in the winter around my nose and any dry patches on my face. Any left over I rub into the back of my hands. I only use it at night and my skin is SUPER soft, and dry patches resolved in the morning. I just wish it was just a tad easier to apply. I got a deluxe sample of this balm, and has lasted me 1 full month. So I can only imagine how long the full size jar will last. Highly recommended for dry skin for those in the Midwest.

on 7/16/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my all time favourite cream/moisturizer. Words are not enough to describe how wonderful this is. I see instant results with this. It makes my skin so nice and plump, smooth, soft, evens out my skintone, hydrated, and provides anti-aging benefits. I am in love. This is on par with my L'Occitane Divine Cream which i love too and see the same results with that. I have already repurchased. A little goes a long way. in the summer time it is a tad bit heavy so i use it only at night and durnig the day i make do with just a serum or only sunscreen and tinted moisturizer/Future Skin foundation. When i don't use this even for a day or two, I can see the difference in my skin texture. Its literally 'food and vitamins' for my skin. My HG cream alongside L'Occitane Divine Cream.

For reference, I'm normal/combination skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I don't know why, when I tried the lovely and amazing Extra Repair serum, I didn't just go ahead and try this along with it. Instead I had to be stubborn and literally waste thousands of dollars trying to find the right moisturizer (right now I'm only using it at night...trying to not be wasteful and use some of my others for day). Ill start by telling my skin type. I'm 35, but showing MUCH more aging than a typical 35yr old. Smoking and sun damage all thru my 20's made time march across my face with big boots on. I finally stopped smoking and tanning, but my once totally normal skin has been left dehydrated, combination (oily nose), and dry in spots. I have fine lines out the wazoo...and recently have become VERY frustrated with my dehydration issues making them appear much worse. Enter BB's Extra Repair Serum. From the first use, my skin felt relieved, soft, hydrated, and healthy, it has become a staple in my skincare routine. A few weeks ago, I was about to run out of creme de la mer...and it hit me! Duh! Try the Cream that goes with the extra repair serum!! I was lucky enough to be able to obtain a large sample, and I began using it right away. When I woke the next morning, my face felt soft and hydrated for the first morning in ages! In just a weeks use along with the serum, my skin in improving drastically and beginning to balance out like when I was younger. My fine lines appear less visible because I'm not dried up like a prune anymore! I heard horror stories about the texture and how hard it is to spread....but folks....it's not intended to "spread" at all! This is a balm that must be warmed between the fingers and then patted onto the face....when done this way, it applies in seconds with no pulling or tugging whatsoever! I've found that a little goes a very long way, and if compared to other moisturizers in its category, it's really not that pricey...MUCH cheaper than creme de la mer, and I'm getting 20x better results with the BB balm! It does take a few minutes to entirely absorb, but I've found that it also makes a superb moisturizer for under makeup as well. I will be making this my day cream as well. This particular balm does not have SPF, which is ok w me because I get SPF in my primer and foundation...I have found that the SPF version of this balm is actually a bit different in consistency, but it's still amazing as well...I choose this non-sunscreen version because it actually seems a bit richer than its sister product, and for me, it hydrates a bit better. I never thought I'd get relief from my dehydration from a cream or moisturizer, as serums are usually the best bet for actual dehydration (there is a big difference in dehydration and dryness), but this cream worked wonders and is now a mainstay in my skincare regimen! Love it!! The packaging is bulky and heavy...and the jar (as always) is a bit unsanitary. When traveling, I have found that buying a stash if BB's empty travel jars has proves very useful with products like this this one..something to think about! Happy skin caring everyone!
***EDIT****after much use, I am sad to say that although this moisturizer is wonderfully hydrating, it is definitely making me look older! I don't know how...but even though my face feels soft and supple, my fine lines are much more noticeable when I use it. As an experiment, I switched to one I had laying around, and sure enough, within a day of not using this product, my fine lines and wrinkles started to look less prominent. I am ever so sad! This is not my miracle after all :(. I won't be repurchasing and can't say Id recommend it to anyone who is showing signs of aging.

I dont really like this stuff. I have combination skin and although i want a good moisturizer to use at night, I dont want to wake up with blackheads the next day and that is exactly what this product does to my skin. I also hate how difficult it is to spread this balm over my face as it is soooo thick. I feel like I'm causing damage to my skin having to pull on it so hard while trying to distribute the product on my face. My mom tried it and hated it. Its rediculous how over priced it is. Bobbi brown must think she's created a miracle product judging by how high she priced this thing. Overrated BIG time!!

on 11/28/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I would give this a perfect score if it wasn't for the ultra gooey consistency which makes it impossible to spread. Yes, yes I know it's meant to be patted on, but I like having the option of spreading my moisturizers on. This product definitely has no slip to it, so you have to warm up the tiniest amount and press/tap it into the skin. It will immediately improve any flakiness or irritation caused by windburn and extreme dryness. I would caution those who are breakout prone to sample before splurging on the full size jar. I tend to get clogged pores easily in my t-zone area, but since using this cream I've made sure to thoroughly cleanse my skin morning and night and also up my Clarisonic usage. So far so good! This is really a skin savior for the winter months.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Incredible, silicone and shea butter rich balm that is incredible for dry skin. Smells fantastic and is true luxury for your skin.

on 2/16/2007 9:35:00 PM

Too rich even for my very dry skin. And it doesn't even spread it's sooo thick. I hated and threw it away. What a waste of money...

on 2/15/2006 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been a drugstore skin care girl forever... I just found products that worked. However, since I've turned 35, I literally noticed an overnight change in my skin... dull, tight, etc. So, I want to the BB counter looking for a makeover and she aksed if she could show me the skin care. My skin is so very dry that she used this on me, along with some other items. I use this with Intensive Skin Supplement and Hydrating Eye Balm, and twice a week I use the Buffing Grains. It's amazing that my skin has become so radiant in just about 2 weeks! I love this stuff. I just don't love the PRICE (if my fiancÚ only knew this was $80)... and I would prefer a different container, but what can you do? Will continue to use this. I love it. I bet it would even be great in summer, but time will tell.

on 2/18/2005 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For the price- it is not that great compared to Chanel and it leaves you so greasy and it is difficult to apply and not all that hydrating