Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment - ALL colours

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Own Elegant Cognac and Antique Bronze. Like the consistency and the coverage. Hate the brush applicator, brush frays easily and bristles fall out while product is being used. Product also seems to go bad extremely quickly.

These are my HG glosses! I am really not one to ever wear lip gloss, I think most colors aren't what I want, and they smell/are sticky. But these are amazing! They almost feel like chapstick the way the smooth out your lips, but they look amazing! I love the nude ones, like signature taupe and nude shimmer. Try these! They are at the drug store and you won't regret it!!

on 10/23/2006 1:42:00 PM

This stuff is amazing and wildly underrated. I've tried lipglosses from nearly all the high-end brands, and this stuff is just as good!. Just thick enough to feel comfy on the lips without feeling tacky or goopy;smoothes on and wears evenly; beautiful sheer colors; very cheap! Love it =)

on 9/19/2006 9:29:00 PM

Cons: Leaves white gunk around the lips. Don't like the feel on my lips.

Pros: Nice colors, not as heavy as Revlon S/L lipgloss. Cheap--maybe too cheap.

on 6/17/2006 4:22:00 PM

This is shiny, emollient, nice cake-y scent, good staying power. Not crazy about the color range, though. Lots of pale beiges, even with a name like "Antique Bronze," the color is a pinky beige on me. Could have more pigmented and darker shades.

on 7/9/2005 10:07:00 PM

I came across with this gloss in my grocery shopping, partly because it was too cheap to pass by. $1.97. I picked up a shade labelled "brilliant Blush", which is clear, shimmery apricot-beige shade. Recently I compared it with my Giorgio Armani Lip Shimmer #2 and surprised how much they look alike on your lips in terms of color, texture and sheens. The only notable difference was the unique vanila flavor in Sally Hansen gloss. I ended up selling my GA gloss on Ebay. The Brilliant Blush is excellent as a coating gloss over any beige, orange lipstick. I am looking forward to going back to local grocery store and find more flattering shades!

on 4/24/2005 4:23:00 AM

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION lipgloss with brush applicator. Around $5 US or less in most drugstores, definitely in Target, Sav-On and Walmart. 0.22 oz/6.2 g. I am reviewing three colors: Always Asscher, Royal Romance and Elegant Cognac.

PACKAGING This lipgloss comes in a 3D rectangle-shaped container that doesn't roll around. I love the brush applicator that it comes with. It is easier to work with than a sponge, in my opinion. However, the brush has a slight tendency to splay especially if you don't replace it into the tube correctly. Also, the wand has the tendency to be pushed up which, I think, is a result of the narrow tube and opening. One has to be a little bit more careful putting this lipgloss away. One point off for packaging.

COLOR I have three colors that I adore:

Always Asscher looks like a scary dark red-purple with big silver glitter in the tube. This is the darkest of all the colors I have seen on display. On my lips, it looks like a sheer medium mauve with high shimmer. It is suitable for every day use.

Royal Romance looks like a cool rose pink with gold shimmer. It looks the same on the lips, only sheerer. Most definitely wearable.

Elegant Cognac is a nude brown with low silver shimmer. You can call this a J. Lo nude. This, for many skintones, is a go-to no-brainer color.

TEXTURE It is ever so slightly less thick than Revlon Super Lustrous. It has a gel-like consistency. It is definitely not as sticky as MAC Lipglass. The great thing is that even though these lipglosses have a high amount of shimmer, it does not feel gritty or rough at all.

STAYING POWER Superior staying power for a lip gloss. I still had some on my lips after light eating and drinking from a glass.

SCENT This lipgloss has a creamy sweet scent with only a slight plastic note. It definitely beats Revlon SL's cherry cough syrup scent.

OVERALL A fantastic lipgloss! All of the colors I have are extremely wearable. They will be in my purse very often. I will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE I am not liking these lipglosses as much any more. As they wear off, they leave a very thick and sticky film on my lips that is hard to get rid of. I prefer Super Lustrous (oh if only it didn't have that cough syrup scent). continued >>

After reading all of the glowing reviews her at MUA, I ran all over to three stores looking for this lipgloss. I finally found it at Walgreen's. I don't know what the fuss was all about, it doesn't seem to last any longer than any other lipgloss. I put some on, went in the basement to do a load of laundry, and when I came upstairs it had pretty much worn off (and my lips are not dry). That is to say, the liquidy look of the gloss had worn off. There is a shimmery ingredient in there, and this shimmer remained on my lips, which is kind of nice; maybe that is the part that other reviewers say lasts so long. One other thing I did like was that the applicator is a brush. Other than that, it's just lipgloss.

I'm writing about Forever Ascher. The color is nicer on the lips than it is in the tube. My problem with this is the smell. It's kind of like bad caramel and coconut combined and it lasts. If they made is scent free or even just minty, I'd probably buy this again and try other colors but the stench is too bad for me to put up with. I am suprised no one mentioned this.