Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment - ALL colours

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/24/2005 4:23:00 AM

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION lipgloss with brush applicator. Around $5 US or less in most drugstores, definitely in Target, Sav-On and Walmart. 0.22 oz/6.2 g. I am reviewing three colors: Always Asscher, Royal Romance and Elegant Cognac.

PACKAGING This lipgloss comes in a 3D rectangle-shaped container that doesn't roll around. I love the brush applicator that it comes with. It is easier to work with than a sponge, in my opinion. However, the brush has a slight tendency to splay especially if you don't replace it into the tube correctly. Also, the wand has the tendency to be pushed up which, I think, is a result of the narrow tube and opening. One has to be a little bit more careful putting this lipgloss away. One point off for packaging.

COLOR I have three colors that I adore:

Always Asscher looks like a scary dark red-purple with big silver glitter in the tube. This is the darkest of all the colors I have seen on display. On my lips, it looks like a sheer medium mauve with high shimmer. It is suitable for every day use.

Royal Romance looks like a cool rose pink with gold shimmer. It looks the same on the lips, only sheerer. Most definitely wearable.

Elegant Cognac is a nude brown with low silver shimmer. You can call this a J. Lo nude. This, for many skintones, is a go-to no-brainer color.

TEXTURE It is ever so slightly less thick than Revlon Super Lustrous. It has a gel-like consistency. It is definitely not as sticky as MAC Lipglass. The great thing is that even though these lipglosses have a high amount of shimmer, it does not feel gritty or rough at all.

STAYING POWER Superior staying power for a lip gloss. I still had some on my lips after light eating and drinking from a glass.

SCENT This lipgloss has a creamy sweet scent with only a slight plastic note. It definitely beats Revlon SL's cherry cough syrup scent.

OVERALL A fantastic lipgloss! All of the colors I have are extremely wearable. They will be in my purse very often. I will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE I am not liking these lipglosses as much any more. As they wear off, they leave a very thick and sticky film on my lips that is hard to get rid of. I prefer Super Lustrous (oh if only it didn't have that cough syrup scent). continued >>

I was initially not going to give SH Diamond Lip Treatment 5 lippies & decided I wouldn't repurchase it but as I was writing this review, I decided I was wrong. I just wasn't as impressed with this at first. I don't even know why either. But the more I use it, the more I like it. This is a smooth, inexpensive-nay cheap, nonsticky gloss that uses a very decent brush applicator. For those people who use a separate lip balm before applying a gloss, there is no need to do that. These are lip treatments after all and are full of soothing ingredients:polybutene,
triisostearyl citrate,octyldodecanol, silica, flavor, tocopherol acetate,dipropylene glycol, centella asiatica (golu kola) extract, echinacea angustifolia (coneflower) leaf extract,rosmarinus officinalis
((rosemary) leaf extract,cymbopogon schoenathus (lemongrass) extract, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf extract,
sd alcohol 40-b, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ascorbyl palmitate, retinyl palmitate, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, camelia oleifera seed extract, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. MAY ALSO CONTAIN: calcium sodium borosilicate. MAY CONTAIN: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, and then color ingredients blah blah blah. I'll most likely get other colors as well.

on 1/13/2005 6:48:00 PM

Whoa!

I was in a gloss rut. Al my glosses were either. A. tearing my lips to shreads. ie. drying them out and then I'd reapply the gloss and it would look horrible as my lips were peeling and dried out by mid evening. or B. the scent made me ill.
I went to my local Rite Aid since I needed some cash from my debit card and heck, I was going out so why not?
I looked at L'Oreal, Revlon, Jane, Bonne Bell, W&W and nothing drew me in or I had tried those glosses before and hated them all.

On my way out of the store I saw a new display of these Diamond Lip Treatments. I looked at them and saw they had pretty shades and also pictures of lips where you could see the shades. I got a rosey browny color called "Antique Bronze"...OMG, the color is GORGEOUS is the tube. Mauvy, tannish, shimmer and just the right shade...not too dark, no grey undertones to be found. Also I liked that the display said the "improve your lips"...which I need since again, glosses dry me out.
I slipped it on my lips and was at first delighted by the coconut creme scent!!! It smells SO freakin' good...like a coconut cupcake. Not overwhelming at all and liek I said I am WAY picky with gloss scents.
There is no sponge, but rather a brush...like those Revlon Pro glosses from years ago. The texture is fab: like a Glossimer! Nice and thick...but not STICKY which seems to be the case with mose thick glosses...ick. Sticky means DRY to my dry, sensitive lips. These glosses moisturize and sooth. The color looks like a pretty petal pink...very Jessica Simpson/Britney like. It also stayed on quite a bit.
I am very happy with this!
Don't let the BRONZE in the name fool you! There is NONE. It is simply light to medium soft pink.
The rpice is right (4.50) and I plan on getting a bunch as they are so wearable!

on 12/26/2005 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Well, I started off with ONE --- ROYAL ROMANCE --- and fell in love instantly! Then I came on this "evil" site (joking) and read the reviews for this on all the OTHER colors and I automatically just HAD to go to Duane Reade and get 3 more!! (ALWAYS ASCHER, MUST-HAVE IRIS, ANTIQUE BRONZE)! This gloss is the first gloss that actually MOISTURIZES my lips! There's no such thing as a BAD shade, either! The shimmer isn't gritty and doesn't leave you looking like a disco ball! Even if the shade looks dark in the tube (ALWAYS ASCHER), it goes on sheer and gorgeous! I love these so much that I HAD to write to the Sally Hansen company to let them know how MUCH I loved these glosses and begged them to continue making them! I would DEFINITELY recommend them and would absolutely repurchase!

on 8/15/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The product itself is of high quality and is extremely shiny/sparkly.
It lasts about three hours if I don't eat. The packing is crappy. The brush is really bad and the bristles go all over the place which makes it difficult to push back into the bottle without lipgloss spilling against the sides. Aside from difficullt application and clean management, it is a good product that I am 100% willing to purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought these a few years back when I was very into that glassy-looking gloss phase. I was attracted to the idea and look of these. I was very pleased- they went on very smoothly and felt great on. I really liked the blush applicator- that's what helps make it feel so great going on. The pigmentation I found to be true to how they looked in the tube, except for maybe the pearlier pink ones which went on more sheer, but even so, provided really good shine (all of them do!). The one this is, I don't think they had enough lasting power. I know it's a gloss, and it's hard to have huge expectations with that, but I guess since it's not as tacky as say MAC (I know, you can't really compare the 2), it comes off easier. I still bought pretty much all of the colors, but I think a lot of stores discontinued it. I know you can still find them online or here and there, though. I haven't used them much lately cause I don't want to use them up since I rarely seem them in stores. Overall, a really nice line of gloss. You'll definitely have to keep re-applying all day or night since they come off kinda fast, but they're good.

on 8/5/2009 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These are the best glosses, all the colors seem to be flattering (I have medium toned skin) and have sparkle but not teenager-ish at all, just enough to make your lips look a little bigger. They are not goopy and the packing is pretty, I love them!

on 2/19/2008 6:10:00 PM

I love lipglosses. I've tried many from drugstore to various high end. This is probably one of the better and easily found drugstore lipglosses out there. I would have never bothered with these because I associate Sally Hansen with nail polish but I recieved a lovely gem in a swap as a freebie. Since then I always always passed the section with the urge to pick more up. From a glance you'd assume its more like a lacquer but I assure you these are very sheer and wearable colors.

Even though it's a "diamond" finish, SH offers many shades with much more subtle shimmer and those with the extra bling for those girly girls. There's a decent selection of colors that would suit anyone in any skin shade. Most of all many shades are very sheer and subtle, this is one of the few cheaper drugstore lipglosses out there that are suitable for all ages. Perfect for a more mature woman out there or any girl who doesn't want to look like a walking disco ball all the time without breaking the wallet.

I don't find this to be like the dollar drugstore brands. It's a thick gloss, but not too sticky with a decent staying power. Definitely not watery and easily to build. Also it moisturizes like it advertises, you'll instantly see your lips plump and smooth. Great find for $5 and often on sale. Sleek and cute tube with a brush applicator with a non-offensive subtle vanilla scent... and most importantly funky plastic weird after taste or build up! Recommended! I personally love Diamond, Antique Bronze, and Royal Romance.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I "borrowed" this in Princess Pink from my sister and never gave it back...I like the texture and the glossiness and how long it lasts. I was afraid the sparkles in it would be overpowering, but they just go on as a shimmer. I like the brush, but if you're not careful it does get a little messy (bristles splaying out a bit). This is a great go-to gloss, I might even go so far as to say HG material, I just need to try some other colors to be sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i like these...i remember when they came out in 2004 or something - they were limited edition then, so i bought all of them i could find!

they have changed the color of brilliant blush a little, for the better...

and have added many many more colors. i like these, they aren't too sticky

Popular Lip Glosses