Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment - ALL colours

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/26/2008 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was on a lipgloss-buying frenzy of late and picked up 2 of these glosses in "Champagne Toast" and "Royal Romance". Although my color selections didn't wow me, I was really impressed with the glosses themselves! I have to say, though, I was first pretty disappointed in them, becuase they seem so sticky/tacky, but I found that you have to put on just a sheer amount (one dip in the tube is enough) and let it dry down a bit. The finish is smooth-looking, shiny, and has all the qualities you want in a lipgloss. After it dries down, it then wears like iron! (for a lipgloss, that is). This is the postive trade-off you get for the tackyness. The finish and wear are similar to MAC lipglass, but better! The only things I don't like are the smell (which is sort of like a weird sticky-sweet) and the stiff, cheap feeling brush. However, for $4-5, you really can't go wrong. I would not hestited to recommend this gloss, but with the caveat that if you can't stand sticky/tacky glosses, you might not like this one. For me, though, this is a great product and I will certainly be buying more shades. Hope SH comes out with more colors!

on 4/20/2008 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought two of these glosses after reading the reviews here. I won't repurchase. They are too thick and they left a goopy buildup towards the inside of the lips. Colors are pretty though. I'll stick with MAC.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this lip gloss! Its moisturizing, comes in wonderful sheer sparkling colors and its smells good! It comes with a brush applicator which is really nice. They don't feel tacky and last as long as most other glosses, but I really love how my lips feel when I wear this, very soft! Also, unlike some sparkly/shimmery glosses these don't feel gritty on my lips. I also use MAC lipglass but really these are my favorite. They are cheap and gorgeous. If you are a lip gloss girl, give them a try.

I am absolutely crazy about these glosses. They have a great consistency and shine, great applicator, beautiful colors with perfect shimmer, and a nice texture. The colors I've purchased (always ascher, royal romance, antique bronze, and garnet) have all been really flattering. I like these even better than my MAC lipglosses - and they're only $5 a tube!

My only gripe is that I have the hardest time finding these; even the stores that carry Sally Hansen never seem to have these in stock. I ended up buying a bunch of them at Giant Foods, of all places, and whenever I see them in a store I grab a fistful. They are my HG lipgloss!

on 12/26/2005 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Well, I started off with ONE --- ROYAL ROMANCE --- and fell in love instantly! Then I came on this "evil" site (joking) and read the reviews for this on all the OTHER colors and I automatically just HAD to go to Duane Reade and get 3 more!! (ALWAYS ASCHER, MUST-HAVE IRIS, ANTIQUE BRONZE)! This gloss is the first gloss that actually MOISTURIZES my lips! There's no such thing as a BAD shade, either! The shimmer isn't gritty and doesn't leave you looking like a disco ball! Even if the shade looks dark in the tube (ALWAYS ASCHER), it goes on sheer and gorgeous! I love these so much that I HAD to write to the Sally Hansen company to let them know how MUCH I loved these glosses and begged them to continue making them! I would DEFINITELY recommend them and would absolutely repurchase!

After reading all of the glowing reviews her at MUA, I ran all over to three stores looking for this lipgloss. I finally found it at Walgreen's. I don't know what the fuss was all about, it doesn't seem to last any longer than any other lipgloss. I put some on, went in the basement to do a load of laundry, and when I came upstairs it had pretty much worn off (and my lips are not dry). That is to say, the liquidy look of the gloss had worn off. There is a shimmery ingredient in there, and this shimmer remained on my lips, which is kind of nice; maybe that is the part that other reviewers say lasts so long. One other thing I did like was that the applicator is a brush. Other than that, it's just lipgloss.

on 1/31/2005 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow! These are really niiice! I wanted Timeless Taupe, but the only one left had been opened. So I got Baguette Beige which is a pale beige pink that just lightens my lip colour ever so slightly with a bit of shimmer. Love the scent! Love the texture, staying power, feel...
I'll be back for the Taupe and I think one called Champagne something...
Hope these come out in Canada. Saw these at Rite Aid and Walgreens in the US.