Stila Orient Bamboo Blossom Palette (Spring 2005)

Stila Orient Bamboo Blossom Palette (Spring 2005)

4.1

on 5/5/2010 2:02:00 PM

Probably the most versatile palette I own. I find myself using all the eyeshadows in this set quite often and I have actually worn down the champagne shade down to its bottom. The pink isn't too bright and I use the crease colour, a brown with a burgandy tinge both as a shadow and as a liner. The blush is a nice coral shade which is quite bright so I need to dust off the brush before application on my fair skin.
The stay power is great for the day, and I haven't had problems with it creasing at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

eh.... i got this palette when i ordered for their warehouse sale. i've worn it a few times and i like that it contains pretty, wearable neutrals. i'm having serious doubts about it's staying power. i tried it over a mac pigment today (pink bronze) and it faded as the day came to a close... i will keep trying. it's definitely cute package, and i'm just more careful when i stick a blush brush in it, and it's nice to have a full polished face with me where ever i am. i will edit once i try this with some different bases.

on 4/15/2007 6:27:00 PM

All I have to say about this palette is that a metrosexual friend of mine actually complimented my make-up when I wore this. He rarely ever says anything about my make-up when I wear crazy bright outrageous shades or, hell, even other neutral palettes. Okay so yes, this is not anything special at all. Stila, you're boring! You release the same shades over and over and over again, but in slightly different packaging but yet you have us Stila fanatics peeing ourselves with glee every time you release a new collection. Anyway I really like how this palette is housed in plastic instead of cardboard and it's mirrored and compact - perfect for traveling. The eyeshadows are decently pigmented and quite soft. Nice peachy base shade that and dark brown for crease. The champagne shade is similar to MAC Shroom. Over all these shades are not very blatantly shimmery at all - very satiny and classy. Perfect for the office or just plain everyday/everywhere wear. The blush is a bright coral - reminds me of Pout Apricot Totty - proceed with caution. Over all I just love this palette because it's very flattery for my warm complexion. It's not my most favorite palette ever, but I do like this one quite a bit and I'll probably be using this palette a bit.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love palettes, and when they're LE I must have them! I use the chocolate shimmer as a liner, and I mix the other two for browbones. The coral blush is also lovely. I WOULD repurchase if it wasn't discontinued. =(

this is a very nicely packaged palette. it's sturdy and can easily by toted around. I also like how the lighter colors are given in more quantity than the darker brown color...that way I won't run out of the lighter colors before the brown...makes much more sense to me this way. I also love the blush...very pigmented...but looks like it would also look nice as an eye color. The colors aren't very unique, nor are they extra special. However, it is a nice staple palette that is ideal for touch ups. I simply wouldn't buy it again because I don't see myself using it up.

The eye colours were rather predictably stila. I would have liked a really dynamic shade thrown in there. I adore the blush, and the really cute packaging so thats what my three lippies cover. The only problem with the blush as others have pointed out is that it is really small, and can be hard getting it on a blush brush without accidentally side swiping an eyeshadow.

An impulse buy, that I won't do again!

on 11/16/2005 6:58:00 PM

I would have to say this is a super palette that would brighten up your face. The blush is gorgeous and stays on all day in the South Florida humidity. The eyeshadows are all lovely and have all day staying power as well. I was fortunate to pick this up at a discounted price, but it was still not cheap. I do have to say Stila is great quality, so the higher price is easier to swallow. (due to quality) If I had any complaint...I wish the lightest shade was slightly a different color. I would use it more if it was. As stated earlier...love the blush color.

Great palette-I'd sworn off buying palettes for a while bc I never like or use all the items included-but this one prooved to be an exception! All the colors are flattering and wearable - even the blush as long as it's used in moderation (a pretty bright coral that can get out of control easily) Plus I love the small compact size!

on 10/17/2005 3:04:00 PM

I received this in a swap from a WONDERFUL MUAer!!! I absolutely LOVE it and have been using it everyday now!! The brown e/s looks a perfect brownish gray on me and it makes my blue eyes stand out beautifully. The shimmering cream/champagne colored e/s is a perfect highlighter, and the rose e/s is a beautiful color for my skin tone. The blush is a light touch-of-pink that goes so perfectly with the three e/s colors. I am really enjoying this compact and getting a LOT of use from it. It's beautiful and is my first Stila item. I think this is going to lead to me falling in love with Stila's e/s!!! Though I received this in a swap, I would purchase it, and I highly recommend it. It's just so cute and the colors are so beautiful and they match my skin tone so well!! Love this!!!

on 12/30/2005 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love, love, LOVE this palette! The eyeshadow shades (champagne shimmer, pink shimmer, chocolate shimmer) are all flattering to this warm PPP, and look amazing paired with the coral-colored blush. The shadows are silky-smooth, highly pigmented, and apply like a dream. My only quibbles are that the package is small (when applying, you have to work to keep your blush brush from overflowing into the dark brown e/s), and that it doesn't come with a brush or a place to put one. But other than that, it's exactly the high quality you've come to expect from Stila. Would definitely repurchase.