NARS Velvet Matte Pencil - Bermuda

No Image

2.3

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 2/8/2016 2:14:00 PM

EDIT: I am bumping this down from 5 to 3 stars because... the color. The formula and lasting power is still great, but I noticed that this shade tends to veer more towards a sort of lilac/purple-ish tone that isn't typically what I am going for. It feels a little "little girly". I have been modifying the shade with a Mac lip pencil in Whirl to deepen the tone and make it more to my liking, but I definitely wouldn't buy this again. Still ADORE Walkyrie, though!

Original review:
I feel compelled to write a shining review in favor of this lovely lipstick pencil! I adore the matte colors as opposed to the satins. My favorite has been Walkyrie, but Bermuda is coming in close. The formula is amazing -- creamy, smooth, and non-drying. It also lasts quite a long time and leaves a subtle stain behind, which I love. MLBB.

This color is a velvety browned plum. Some might prefer for fall, but this color goes beautifully with my color palette and I can see it being worn year round, if only a bit less in the summer when brighter colors might compete. I agree that sharpening these pencils is a bit of a pain, but if you pop the pencil in the freezer for 5 minutes before sharpening, you waste less. These are expensive, but now that MAC (previously a fav lipstick company) tests on animals and NARS does not, I'm willing to pay a bit more just to support their ethics.

I really like NARS lip pencils. Bermuda is a velvet matte, which is a nice, neutral browned down pink. It's not a unique color, so make sure you really like the formula before putting down good money. I like the color, but I have to admit that I like the satin formula better. As for the matte, this will be a color I will probably reach for this fall. I found that for a matte, this went on smoothly and didn't highlight flakes or lip flaws. I think the NARS pencils last longer on me than regular lipstick and are more comfortable. It felt a little dryer than the satin, but it was still fairly comfortable. It lasted about 4 hours on me, which is a long time. Towards the end of wear, you are left with more of a stain then actual lip product, however that doesn't bother me at all. I'll be buying a few more of these. I just hope NARS will eventually make these in a dial up format (like MAC Patent Polish Lipsticks) rather than a wasteful pencil that needs to be sharpened. Other than that, good stuff.

on 1/8/2005 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

definetely not worth the hype and north worth $30 either. It doesn't give a good amount of coverage, it doesn't last long even with gloss. dont bother lipstick works better