no images

price range

Reviews

2.0

Sep/19/2010

Opens warm exotic spice, not too foody, in comes Big Red cinnamon flavor.. threatens to take over. After a little bit the scent gets more airy & smooths out.. more blended now but still too close to cinnamon mint gum smell.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

fromBasiaS

Oct/30/2006

Oh, I do hope that Laurie brings this one back! I had the sample of this for the longest time but it never really made a huge impression on me until now. This is just the most beautiful mixture of dry woods, incense, spicy clove and just a touch of sweet cinnamon. It is spicy and sexy, but also subtle. Marrakesh is beautiful, like most of Laurie's scents, and completely FBW.

About reviewer (1158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairOther

2.0

Apr/05/2006

One of my favorite tv comedies is Reno 911, and on one episode Trudy Wiegel talks about making cinnamon red hot jello salad. Now I don't know exactly what that is, but this scent is what I imagine her kitchen smells like after she makes it.

About reviewer (267 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

3.0

Sep/17/2005

I was expecting something more incensy and ambery from this, dont get me wrong I enjoy it I like it's musky light cinammon type scent, but it's not as bold as I spected it to be. Lasting power was decent..6 hrs or so.

1 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (411 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

1.0

Sep/14/2005

Marakesh just screams CHEAP!!! It stinks it on me. Never smell anything this awful before... It's nausating and sickening. I hate all the sonoma scent studio fragrance. Yes, pricing-wise, it's cheap... now I know why it's so cheap because it's made of cheap ingredients. No way in hell I would ever buy anything from Sonoma Scent Studio!

0 of 12 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

Aug/31/2005

This overwhelmed me a bit at first - I applied a small dab and was hit with strong blast of chai tea spices: sweet and cinnamony, with a creamy note, plus a hint of incense and a slight wisp of woods. I was feeling like it was a tad too sweet, too intense for me, but the drydown changed my mind. In less than an hour it had turned lovely and smooth, with the sweetness and cinnamon toning down just …Read more

1 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinDry, Other

HairBrunette

fromolivia

Jul/02/2005

I am compelled to review this right here, right now. This a great fragrance. It is a spicy Oriental, but unlike any other I have sampled, I cannot compare it to anything directly. It is truly original. Just when I want to say, ahh, this is a riff on Youth Dew, some light sweet scent lilts through and disperses the thought. Opium? No - too earthy to be Opium, it smells nothing like Opium. The …Read more

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlack

EyesBlack

Jul/01/2005

I received a sample of this in a RAOK package, and let me tell you, this is one lovely scent! It's deep, rich, & spicy--just my kind of scent. Just a dab will do you & it lasts for a long time. I feel like a femme fatale when I wear it. I feel this scent is more suited for colder weather, but just a touch is nice in the summer heat. Her prices are very reasonable & c.s. is top …Read more

About reviewer (268 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

Feb/18/2005

In total agreement with the two lovely ladies who already posted reviews. Marrakesh is a whirlwind of deliciousness. Spicy, calming and 100% Full Bottle Worthy.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

Jan/07/2005

From Sonoma Scent Studio comes Marrakesh, a spicy woodsy incense fragrance that leaves me breathless. Gorgeous and with so much movement. Upon initial application there's alot of spice (almost like Red Hots), then about an hour later the rose note becomes more prominent, all the while the incense and woods are nestled at the base offering such warmth and beauty to this fragrance. Five …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age36-43