Fresh Sake

Fresh Sake

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I can't quite work out how to feel about Sake. On one hand, it's extremely sharp, which is how you know it came out in the late 90s/early 00s. On the other hand, I love its juicy peach flesh, peach fuzz, and ginger. I find myself wearing it once every few days in spring, but mostly I use it as a room spray. Only in the bathroom, though; I once tried spritzing my sheets with it, and that turned out to be bad news. The drydown on fabric is so musty and unpleasant that I laundered my quilt the next day and swore never to let Sake anywhere near my linens again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I initially didn't like this fragrance, and actually went so far as to classify it as "almost a scrubber." The scent reminded me of scented tampons, pads, feminine powder, feminine wash, etc. I have to say that it still kinda does, especially the drydown, but the citrusy peach (with a definite note of the peach skin) and ginger have really grown on me. I've been reaching for it lately because I want something fruity, but am all worn out on the simple, classic floral-fruities like Love Spell, et. al. So, yes, I'd say this is a more sophisticated version of a Victoria's Secret body mist. It also lasts forever without being overpowering, two qualities that rarely go together. It's really rare to find a scent with citrus, any citrus at all, that doesn't evoke BO on me, but Sake is pulling it off!

on 11/12/2011 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this perfume. Some of my friends have tried my bottle, after commenting on loving my scent, and have practically sprinted to the bathroom to wash it off them. It's one of those hugely personal, chemistry-specific things I suppose. On me, it works very well. The harsh upper notes fade quickly, leaving behind a complex, warm citrus scent with no hint of sweetness or cleaning product. It's just a rich, warm, fresh scent. It lasts for about 4-5 hours, which for me is a very long time, and also smells amazing when I spritz my hair with it once in a while. You'll just have to try it and see if it works for you.

Loved this when I got it 5 years ago. I'm so over it. I know tastes change....but some fragrances I started using 16 years ago I still love. Which says to me that there is something not very timeless or enduring about this scent.

Notes: ginger and grapefruit; lily-of-the-valley, white peach, lotus; musk, vanilla, osmanthus, white sandalwood.

This fragrance opens with a blast of fresh citrus and sweet ginger. A synthetic peach note joins the two top notes amplifying the sweetness of the composition. I cannot say if the strident metallic undertone of the accord is due to the addition of synthetic lotus or lily of-the-valley, or if the grapefruit brings out the worst in the synthetic peach note. The first two hours of this scent are unbearably sweet and artificial, reminding me toilet deodorant spray. Thankfully the notes burn out rather fast and after said two hours all I see is a diaphanous musk with a dash of ersatz-sandalwood. Lasts three hours on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I try to keep as few fragrances as possible so as not to overwhelm myself, and this is one of the few that I keep going back to over and over again. My boyfriend is a huge fan of ginger scents on me and I'm big into Lily of the Valley. This just so happens to have both! It's a very sexy scent and I do believe that this is wearable for both sexes. I don't like strong scents (i.e. Clinique Elixir, Channel No. 5, Angel), but this is one that has staying power (at least on me) but doesn't smell like I've taken a bath in fragrance. It's very unique compared to the usual floral or citrus fragrances that seem to be falling out of the skies. I really like mixing this with some of my other Fresh fragrances like Strawberry Fields and Sugar Lechee. The peach, lily of the valley, and vanilla notes really come out when I'm wearing it, so it's never too much. I'm on my 3rd bottle and will still continue to buy it as long as they make it. I may even get the candle! It's even better now that they have a smaller size for travel. Don't forget, the caps screw off, so refilling is easy.

on 2/15/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Smelled great in the bottle when I tested it at the Fresh store.

Sampled some on my hand but it did smell harsh & strong like the previous review said before me. Later on it dried down to a more subtle scent & within 2-3 hrs it disappeared.

I went to Fresh to buy Sugar Lychee & while I was sampling, all the fragrances melded together, so if I really want to know whether Sake works w/my chemistry, I'd have to sample it again by itself. So far I care little its initial harshness...in the bottle it smelled rice-like (soft, creamy & warm) but sprayed on the skin it took on potent alcohol-like smell (just like sake wine). The drydown softened to something more pleasant but since the Sake was on my hand & I also had Sugar Lychee on my wrist, I can't really describe its true scent. I just know I didn't like the beginning notes at all.

The notes are:
Langsat fruit, grapefruit, ginger, white peach Absolut, lotus flower, lily of the valley, osmanthus, vanilla, musk.

I wonder why I smelled rice flower? Probably because the bottle was clustered with Rice dry oil & Rice Sake bath. Sake EDP could probably pass as a fairly unisex scent. It's not girly or feminine at all, but quite neutral.

on 12/9/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

This fragrance didn't work for me at all. It smelled chemical and weird, too potent, too harsh. I put it on and within 15 minutes I was washing my wrist trying to get it off. I got some on my jacket, smelled it again today, and still don't like it. It has such a strong chemical smell I can't get past that, don't get notes of anything I like or would want to wear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I tested this on a strip of paper, I thought the smell was very familiar. After wearing it for 30 minutes, I've come to realize that it smells identical to Bounce's original fresh outdoors scented laundry sheets.

Although this is not something I am looking for in a perfume, if you want a fragrance that makes you smell like clean laundry, this may be the one for you. Surprisingly, this scent lasts quite a while and is not overpowering.

perfect blend of citrus and musk. my friend borrowed it because she smelled it on me and now i miss it. bring it back, bitch.

Popular Fragrances