Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder

Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder
TruBlend Pressed PowderTruBlend Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Zinc Oxide

on 3/23/2017 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have EXTREMELY oily skin, and quite a bit of acne, large pores and a lot of scarring. I'm constantly on the look-out for pressed powders that will help minimise the shiny look that I always get when I wear makeup. I've only tried this COVERGIRL TRUblend Pressed Powder a few times, but so far I really like it. I have found that it makes me appear less shiny. I'm also very fair skinned, so found that the light shade suited me perfectly. It's not too sheer, and definitely not full coverage. I typically prefer powders that are full coverage because I need something that it going to completely cover my acne, but I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage of this Covergirl powder. I have bought myself a back-up of this powder, for when I run out of the one I am currently using.
This product costs $18.95 in Australia, however I purchased it on sale for $11.37.

I would recommend this to anyone who has oily skin.

Pros
- helped minimise the appearance of my oily skin (mattifying)
- doesn't feel heavy on the skin
- decent coverage (NOT full coverage, NOT extremely sheer either)

Cons
- don't like the compact that it comes in, especially the mirror which is way too small
- don't like the sponge that comes with it (but this isn't a major issue)
- a little too overpriced for what it is (especially in Australia, as cosmetics here are usually expensive)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I found this powder to be just horrible, it reminded me more of a powder foundation than just your average setting powder. It's extremely thick, looks powdery and fake on the skin, even with just a very light dusting. Normally I would blame it on my mature/normal/dry skin but I have other powders that work beautifully.

use this over a long-last foundation. Just a btw.

Pros- simple, very soft powder yet isn't messy or all over the place. controls greasies.

Cons- you can easily overpowder in my opinion. don't even get me started on that puff it comes with. it will make you look so fake. I suggest a LIGHT fluffy brush otherwise you'll look cakey.

Once you know how to work with it, it's like PERFECT, HG and amazing.:) I love that it's transculescent but doesn't make you look ashy or anything.

on 12/17/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like to have a natural look to my makeup as far as foundation and powder. I tried the tru blend foundation in shade 2 and it's a perfect match for me, so I figured I'd give this a try for days I don't want any shimmer in my powder. Goal achieved. This powder matches my tone perfectly, and keeps my oil at bay. It's very smooth in consistency and delivers a natural look. It's got sheer to medium coverage I'd say, but doesn't look fake or cakes on, or orangey at all, which is usually my problem with powder. I had a little issue with the applicator, as it is leather like on the back so it has sort of sharp edges, and I'm scared to get close to my eyes with it. So I bought a four pack of elf powder puffs and it's a perfect fit in the compact so I'm now happy with this product, and I will likely repurchase because it is great for delivering the smooth natural finish I want and the shade (translucent light) is the best match for my skin color of any powder I've used.

This is a great powder, on it's own or over the Advanced Radiance liquid foundation. This has light coverage, and a very silky matte finish, that makes skin look really smooth. The shades run lighter than they appear, I am an NC25 and am using "Translucent Light" but could probably use the next shade darker. I appreciate that the compact is slim, but I don't like how cheap it looks because of the sticker lid coverin. The ingredient lists for both the Trublend and the Advanced Radiance powders are the same, so I love that one too. This is a very nice, reasonably priced powder, that can double to set my makeup or as a powder foundation. I would def. recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is one of my favorite pressed powders, because it has enough coverage that I can use it as a powder foundation. The finish is very smooth and skinlike, and this doesn't oxidize on my oily skin like others powders do. I usually use a soft brush to apply this, and because I detest the included puff which is too thin, stiff, and has sharp edges , so I replace it with CG's regular/soft puffs for on the go touch-ups. This comes in some good fair shades...usually I am the lightest shade, but in this I wear Translucent Light. I love the compact, which isn't overly bulky or an annoying split pan. I don't wear foundation, so I like a powder that can take away shine and also give me a bit of coverage, which this does.

on 11/28/2014 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

OKAY. LISTEN UP! If you have acne or have break outs, DO NOT buy this product! I started using this and with in a 2 day span started noticing random breakouts that I have never gotten before with any product I have ever used. It says will not clog pores but that is a LIE because it not only clogs pores but it also adds more bumps. Please just take my word for it and don't buy this product if you aren't ready for the BREAK OUTS!!! There are plenty of other drugstore products that will not break you out and will probubly last longer.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is just O.K. & that is all! If you have very dry skin, beware. This powder is extremely drying and emphasizes dry patches extremely. I looks good when first applied (I found the puff it comes with is actually the best way to apply it), but quickly fades and creases. The packaging is pretty and it is fairly cheap but don't waste your money.

on 6/12/2014 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This powder emphasised every little dry part of my face and made it look terrible. I usually use Rimmel Stay Matte & it's far superior, plus better value for money. I only tried this as it gets great reviews by Paula Begoun (cosmetics cop) & is oil free, unlike the Rimmel powder - but I'll be sticking to it anyway.

on 3/30/2014 10:19:00 PM

BROKE ME OUT IN TINY LITTLE BUMPS EVERYWHERE!
It took me ages to get rid of them and there still here till this day and I haven't used this product in like 1 year!! It was good at the time I was using it then it just broke me out, not fun!